You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Since They Passed Away

Real Ghost Stories

Since They Passed Away

 

My granny and granddad died around April 2010 within 3 weeks of each other. My granddad died around the end of March and my granny died 20 days later.

2 weeks after my granddad died (a week before my granny died); I woke up to footsteps beside my bed. Thinking it was my mum in my room I asked what she was doing and got no answer. I tried calling her a bit louder and still got no answer then froze with fright as I could still hear the footsteps slowly shuffling up and down beside my bed. When I eventually got the courage I half rolled over and couldn't see anything but could still hear the footsteps beside my bed. Then the footsteps stopped near my head as if someone was standing beside the bed to look at me. I didn't feel threatened but got a fright. The feeling that someone was there went away a minute or two after the footsteps stopped and I went back to sleep. Later on I realized the footsteps sounded exactly like how my granddad used to shuffle around on the carpet in his slippers.

A lot of the time I feel like someone's watching me.

A few weeks ago I felt like that again then felt someone poking my leg a few times. I just brushed it off thinking it was probably my phone or something on the bed but couldn't see anything around that could poke my leg like that. A few minutes later I felt someone blow on the back of my neck blowing my hair off my neck and over my shoulders. There was no draft in the room or anything that could have caused my hair to blow off my neck like that.

Lately I keep seeing shadows everywhere like a figure or something moving out of the corner of my eye. Last week I was going to the fridge when I saw something small and black or white (not sure which, might have been both) move behind the press beside the fridge. It wasn't a rodent or anything we don't get anything like that here (We live in a 3rd floor apartment) it looked like a small cloud or something on the floor and moved far too quickly to be a rat or anything like it.

A couple nights ago I was in the bathroom washing my hands. I turned around feeling like I should look in the corner where the towel rack is for some reason and saw a pitch black shadow between the towel rack and press. It was almost to the ceiling about 7ft or 8ft tall and looked like a hooded cloaked figure. I looked away for a second thinking it was nothing then looked back and it was gone. Whatever way the light is in our bathroom you can't cast shadows and there's no windows in there.

If you have any idea what this is please let me know. I've no idea what to think of it. Could it be my granny or granddad or could it be something else? Is it more than one entity and is it good or bad? My other story

Other hauntings by Flamex

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Flamex, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
Hey Flamex thanks for sharing your story,

Firstly black shadows are not always bad. Here's my opinion, I believe that what you are experiencing may be initially some energy from your Grandparents passing that centres around you as a loved one etc. Almost keeping an eye on you and letting you know how they are.

However I believe that the experiences you are having are not just from your grandparents but possibly from the energy that you generated as a person in how you recieved the deaths which would attract a greater spiritual impact.

I am sorry to hear about the death of your grandparents and I wonder, how do these experiences you are having now make you feel when they are occuring?

This is just my opinion but I do agree that the term demon on this site is over used in many cases and in my opinion this is not a demon, I think it's possible there is more than one spirit and personally I don't think it's bad and I don't think it's out to hurt you but more so there to watch you.
Mikah (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
In my opinion, there is nothing to do with imagination. It is absolutely normal, that Your loved ones come to see you, they are just saying goodbye, they are not haunting and they don't want to scare You at all. It doesn't care if You pray or not.
After a while You won't see or hear things anymore, and then You'll know- they are in a better place and rest in peace...
That little being might be a dwarf or a little ghost, that always lives in every house...
An ordinary story, that makes me smile...
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
Flamix, I think there may be a combination of experiences here, that perhaps exaggerated from your initial one, I do believe it was your grandma that you heard walk into your room... And perhaps since then you have been a little more alert or frighten than you were before, if this is the case... Your imagination could be on a roll and this can play tricks on us sometimes, not easy to recognize but I encourage you to consider your thoughts... Before letting your mind open up to other possibilities. Let me give you an example;Last xmas I heard a bang on the wall followed by my xmas tree falling over, now I believe it was a family member letting me know they are there, but had I believed it was a demon coming after me things may have been a lot different (the imagination factor) so my point is, your frame of mind is important when dealing with the paranormal and fear can create havoc you don't need. Best wishes and thank you for a story that pulls at the heart strings.

Daz😁
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
Creepy but interesting! 😐 Buy some Flowers, go to your Grandparents grave and pray for them 😁 maybe the just miss you a lot... And they would be able to rest in peace or atleast stop on poking you...

-Aya ni xx shinasai
"ghost have feelings too."
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
I have seen a shadow being before, although it took the shape of a dog, I have seen this dog shadow multiple times, I do not bnelieve it was a demon, but it seemed to have come everytime something bad was about to happen. Anyway, Ghosts don't normally Haunt their loved one's houses, now unless you aquired something very dear to one of your grandparents that they could still be connected to, like a music box or a piece of jewelery or a picture, then I doubt it is your grand parents.
MrsHungry (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
Im not going to say its a demon or you should go christian or anything, but I'm just wondering-if it was your grandparents, why would they come to you in an 8ft shadow?-surely they would realise that this would scare you... Not sure what it could be, but am leaning away from it being your granparents, anyway, sorry I haven't got any better ideas lol, and good luck with it
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
Watersprite: I agree lol but then why do so many people say black is a bad coloured ghostie?
Flamex:Spooky happenings, id be terrified if I saw a ghost that big 😨 and that being watched feeling around all the time!
Watersprite (3 stories) (85 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
Hi, there. Thank you for sharing your stories. I'd bet it's your grandparents and these experiences probably will fade away after a while. I had some similar experiences when I lost my mother's parents. Whatever or whoever it is, you are sure to have someone on this web site tell you it's a demon and you had better become a Christian, if you aren't already! 😆 (I don't know what it is with people on this site, they just seem to have to have demons running all over the place!) I am sorry you lost both your grandparents, best wishes, and please keep us posted!

Watersprite ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: