You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Since They Passed Away 2

Real Ghost Stories

Since They Passed Away 2

 

Not much has happened since the last time I posted a story on here other than hearing footsteps and knocking on doors in our apartment.

This morning shortly after I woke up I was lying in bed facing the wall with my back to the room and felt someone poke my shoulder. I thought my mum was home from work early and wondered why I didn't hear her walk in so I rolled over but didn't see anyone there. I heard the sitting room door close and footsteps on the carpet either in the hall or sitting room a few seconds later. I got up and went to the sitting room/kitchen for food and found the sitting room door was still wide open. Things like this happen often when I am at home alone.

Last week there was a load of drama at home so my mum and I ended up living in granny's and grandad's old house until it went up for sale. While we were there I kept feeling like I was being watched, followed and felt light touches like someone touching my shoulder or my knee and so on now and again. I also felt like someone poked my foot while I was watching a movie with my mum and yelled with fright but nothing happened after that.

My keys for that house disappeared ages ago and never showed up again and no one took them, moved them or threw them out by accident. They just vanished.

I always used to hear footsteps downstairs in the hall or footsteps walking upstairs over and over throughout the night when I was younger. But I only heard that once while I was there with mum. Talking to mum about this later on she told me she heard footsteps in the hall and coming upstairs every night we were there.

One morning I woke up about 9:25am while mum was at work and heard three knocks on granny's and grandad's bedroom door across from my room. It made me jump but I felt comfortable as it reminded me of waking up to hearing someone knock three times to give grandad breakfast in bed around that time every morning as I grew up. I didn't feel like I was being watched or anything though. I felt like the knocks on the door were residual. I'm not sure how to explain it but I just got a strong feeling that morning that it was residual. I wanted to wake up early the next morning to see if I'd hear it again but I had to stay in my aunt's house that night and we moved back to our apartment after that so I never got to check it out again.

If anyone has any idea if this is residual please let me know. I'm dying to know what's going on there before the house is sold.

Thanks for taking the time to read my story.

I'm sorry it was so long. I'm posting this on my phone as I have no internet at the moment and can't edit my story and shorten it.

Other hauntings by Flamex

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Flamex, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Flamex (8 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-19)
And lately like the day before my birthday I smelled my granny's Christmas pudding again. One minute there's no smell in my room and the next a really strong smell of her Christmas puddings as if there's one cooking in an oven right beside me but this always happens whenever I'm not even thinking about my grandparents.

I had to go to the doctor during the summer because I got bells palsy and he randomly came out with "I think you're psychic".

Just last week I went to him because I had a bad cold and he forgot what he said to me before. While me and my mum were chatting to him he tells me again that he thinks I'm psychic and said I'm more in tune with everything than everyone else. He can just sense that about me and said I can see hear and smell things that others can't so we told him I smell my granny's Christmas pudding now and again and he said it's her checking up on me and all. I found out that my doctor actually studied shamanism and he's clairvoyant that day aswell. So interesting trip to the doctor lol but does anyone think that aswell? That it could be my granny checking up on me when I smell pudding?

One thing I've been wondering, my doctor does hypnotism and stuff but told me if I want to be able to contact my granny or see her again he can do a seance and stuff because he studied shamanism and stuff.

Should I go for it or not? I'm kind of worried it could let something bad into my life. I've heard when you use a ouija board or do anything at all like that 99% of the time you let something bad into your life:s what do you think?
Flamex (8 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-12)
Maybe. Somehow it doesn't feel like it's a child I'm not sure how to explain it and sometimes it feels like there's something nice there that only wants to watch me and is curious about me or something, but sometimes I feel like something else is here, something dark that doesn't want me here. I don't know how to explain it 😕
butthead (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-11)
hmm, you keep saying that something poked you in the foot or shoulder, and then you heard it kind of run away and shut a door? Just makes me think of a child wanting attention or playing around, especially as you don't seem to feel threatened, yet more suprised if anything. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: