You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Attacked By A Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Attacked By A Ghost?

 

My ghost story began when I was 18 or 19 years old. I'm a Muslim and at that time I was still living with my parents. I had my own room in the house and I always sleep with all the lights off. I was never afraid of the dark until that one night.

I remember I went to bed that night, switched all the lights off in my room and went to sleep. I am usually a heavy sleeper but during that night, while I was asleep, I felt someone or something was hovering on top of me. I was well aware of the presence but could not wake up. Suddenly this thing was pressing me down like something very heavy was on top of me. I could not breathe or move my whole body. I could not wake up or even yell for help. It was as if I had lost my voice. I began to I had fight it, fighting for my life, trying to wake up and using all my strength to break free. And I did, I broke free and woke up. I opened my eyes and looked around the room with only the lights from outside my window. There was nothing in the room but I felt that something was in the room. I did not want to believe anything, and I thought that the most logical explanation was that I was having a nightmare or a bad dream. I went back to sleep and not long after that, the thing was on top of me again and suffocating me. I fought hard to break free and manage wake up. This got me rattled a bit but I thought to myself, I must be having a bad dream again.

I went back to sleep again and not long after that, the thing was on top of me and this time pressing me down very hard. I remember I heard voices but I could not make out what was said. I was struggling to breathe and trying to break free. I remember I manage to open my eyes a bit, I vaguely saw a black shadow on top me. I recited a verse from the Koran by heart and broke free. This time I realize that this was not a dream. Something has attacked me. I was really afraid; I got out of bed, switched on the lights and put a Koran beside me.

That was the only night that I was attacked and still I do not know what it was that had attacked me. Until this day, I now sleep with the lights on.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nizmo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BielkoVokzyokwoik (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-18)
Rashidah are you no longer a muslim?please. Reply soon and actually its nice nizmo that you sleep with a quran beside you it will save you from all demons and ghosts
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-01)
I have to disagree.
Evil spirits will attack anyone; be them good or bad.
Evil has no preferences.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-08-31)
Well spirits act one the negitive thoughts of people and not all the time but most of the time time they attack people who are weak and have tons of negitive thoughts.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-31)
My take on this?
Call it by its many names, you saw and felt fear of the worst type--a malevolent face of violent torment and probable death. I know in their nature, subjective and objective demons have different aims, but what you experienced produced many results for you, and all good.
You faced the fear. You survived. Yo discovered there's so much more to discover about living. You brought yourself under the protection of Allah.
The experience seems additional proof that the Almighty will gives us clues, even terrifying ones, to warn us and save us to live better.
Lanafairy81 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-31)
Ive been told its sleep paralysis but like what our parents say "There's no such thing as the Boogey Man",if I were asleep but didn't know I wonder how I am able to recall the time it happens, see the dark shadowy figure bolt out the door...etc... Not saying its a demon or spirit or sleep paralysis. If only I knew what it really was:) Stopped happening to me when I put a tigers eye pendant on my head board and kept sage by my bed.
Netty (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-30)
My boyfreind at the time also had this experence, and after reading one of many of Syilver Brown books it was sugested that it could have been an out of body experiance. Your body might have just deciced to go for a walk. 😕
nizmo (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-30)
Sleep paralysis is a scientific way to explain it and I would love to think that it was sleep paralysis. But it can't explained the fact that when I broke free and woke up twice, that I felt someone or something was still in the room. I can't describe it but I felt it, watching and waiting.
Zoajet: Honestly, I can't say. I probably was naive about this sort of thing and I was never a guy who scares easily. My only assumption was that the thing could probably just be testing me.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-30)
I think what you experienced was sleep paralysis. You might want to believe it or not but there are instances that you think you are awake but you are not. Keeping the faith seems to helped you a lot.

God Bless.
Kaysha4 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-29)
Well it happened to me also, but instead my feet felt like they were being pulled or something...
Lanafairy81 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-28)
I too have been suffering with this since 2001 it is so very creepy, but when it happens to me I am what feels fully wake I just cannot move, scream or do anything but I can recall what is going on in the room rather its the time, the tv or light on and right when I break free all I see is a dark hooded figure bolt out the window or door... I now have a tigers eye pendant above my bed, a bundle of sage and I draw a circle around my bed before I sleep it has rarely happened anymore since 2009 but before then it was a strong occurance for me and happened almost 2-3 times a week. I have been told by a african priestess/psychic I have 7 demons around me... I too have always wondered what it is attacking me. It feels like heavy pressure, almost paralyzed, and when I try to scream out its a dry whisper... I have managed to tear up, and move the bedding of my finger tips and look around with my eyes but it still scares me.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-28)
Spirits (good and bad) goes after the ones they fear are showing fear, or feel sad. They feed off the negitive thoughts of ours. How did you fear befor this happen?
nizmo (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-26)
Thanks for your feedback guys. I'm now in my late 30's and I never got attacked again until now. I don't think it was sleep paralysis. I agree with CloudDancer that it was probably a demon. I not that scared anymore but as Rashidah said "It is sort of an unconscious thing I do still up to this day. I sleep with the lights on. 😳". I now believe that the best way to deal with it is to be strong and show no fear. Evil feeds on fear.
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-26)
interesting experiance Lets see I'm trying to think of what method could be used in that part of the world as I am not familliar with the herbs in your country However incence can be used as a protective agent please contact me if you have any questions

Your freind
-the Puppeteer
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-26)
Just finished reading this story.
Have you ever contacted your Imam about this experience?

When I was a muslim I use to take spiritual advice from my Imam and he helped me out a lot.

I too have a fear of the dark myself because of my experiences.
It is sort of an unconscious thing I do still up to this day. I sleep with the lights on 😳
CloudDancer (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-26)
It is not likely you were attacked by a ghost but rather by a demon. I have experienced the same and felt the pure evil of the entity trying to suffocate me. Some people call it sleep paralysis, but I know evil when I encounter it, as you most likely do. I found the only thing that releases me from these episodes is to shout, even if only in my mind, that I believe in God (my name for your Allah). It has only many occasions freed me from the oppression. Good luck and may you always feel safe.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: