You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The House In Queens

Real Ghost Stories

The House In Queens

 

My husband and I met in 1999. The following year he and his family moved closer to were I am staying. The house in Queens we called it.

My husband didn't believe in ghost and spirits. But I think it's because he is scared of it. Scared of the unknown.

His parents moved out of the house in the middle of 2001. We were engaged then.

My husband and his brother and sister in-law stayed behind in the house. One night my husband was working on his car. He was alone that night and he thought he heard my voice. He went inside and saw a shadow through the front door's misty window. He heard my voice saying apparently, "I guess no one is home." He ran up to the front door and when he opened it, I was no where in sight. When he arrived at my house he was shaken, and that's when he told me the story.

In November 2001 I moved in. A month after moving in my husband and I were sleeping with the door closed. The sister-in-law let her two poop-all-over doggies sleep in the house. We woke up by a strange noise. We lifted ourselves up and saw that the door knob was turning furiously in both directions. As if someone is trying to come in and the door was locked (which wasn't). When it stopped my husband got up and slowly opened the door only to find the two poop-all-over doggies sitting by the door ready to play. Of course that freaked me out a bit.

Nothing happened again after that. His brother and sister-in-law moved out in May 2002. OOOHHH HAPPY DAYS!

We were watching a sitcom one night in the living room. We played the sound of the t.v through the hi-fi. When the adverts came on, the sound was muted. We carried on with our previous conversation. When the sitcom started again I told him that he can put the sound on again. He looked at me as if I was joking. Then he replied that he didn't switched it off. So we started looking for the remote of the hi-fi. He also said that he saw the hi-fi saying good-bye.

We did eventually find the remote on the t.v. We weren't near the remote. The hi-fi can't switch off by it-self?

Nothing happened again until October 2002 when we started moving out. As every one should know when you move you clean the house the same way you got it. It's just the proper thing to do. Our last night in the house things went funny. We only had our bed and some little things left in the house.

I was in the kitchen making sure everything was spotless when the bathroom medicine cupboard started opening & closing repeatedly. I made nothing of it. That night we climbed into bed and started reading books. There was no television in the house. Then out of the blue the front door SLAMMED closed. We both jumped up.

Someone is in the house. But how they got in we don't know. My husband grabbed a pipe and slowly made his way to the front door.

That's when he discovered the door is still locked. He opened the door and the security door was also still locked. He checked at the back door as well and only to find that they were locked too.

We knew that in the past an old man & woman stayed in the house. The man past away and the old lady couldn't take the pain and she killed herself in the house.

My opinion about this happening on our last night in the house, is that they didn't want us to leave.

The end...

Other hauntings by Antionette

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Antionette, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Antionette (6 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
Dear Watersprite

My sister in-law can read this for all I care. She knows how I feel.
I wasn't that scared because I knew who it was. They were never harmfull to us. They gave me know reason to be scared well maby the frontdoor slamming closed. I almost crapped myself.

Thanks for the comment

Ant
Watersprite (3 stories) (85 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
Hey, Ant, hope your sister-in-law doesn't ever get on this site! 😆 Count me amongst the fans of these poop-all-over-pups. It is truly amazing they weren't afraid of the ghost. You would think the lady who unfortunately killed herself would've been horrified about those poopie pups messing up her nice home! 😭

I only have one question... Why were you not scared out of your wits when you heard the bathroom cabinet opening and shutting!? You are one brave woman. Thank you for sharing this amusing and interesting story.

Best wishes! ❤

Watersprite
Antionette (6 stories) (12 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-07)
Firstly thank you to all for your comments. The Hi-fi only did say goodbye when you switched it off. Its not that advanced. None of my hi-fi's turns off by it self nor if the batteries are low in the remote.
The old couple was not evil. They didn't hurt us. I felt safe with them in the house. Except our last night in that house.

Regarding the dogs: It would be impossible for them to turn the door knob. Reason: It's round and old. They were to small to actually reach it in their size. If they do manage to reach it, how would the knob fit in their mouths?
I do have a better word for them if you understand Afrikaans. "stoep-kakkers". They would come inside and always find a place just to take a poop. I wasn't allowed to say anything because it wasn't my dogs but do you think the owners would actually pick the shiat up? NO! I WILL NEVER STAY IN ONE HOUSE WITH THEM EVER AGAIN. If everybody should know the whole story why, they would understand that the poop-all-over doggies was nothing compare to what I have experienced living with the owners of the doggies. GROSS!

Thank you to all and enjoy your day! 😁

-ANT
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-06)
Actually, the hi-fi could be effected by dying batteries, though. We had a particular remote, that whenever the batteries were less than half charged, it would flip off that particular appliance.
Wow. From the sounds of it, you might be pleased that you left that place. It also sounds like they did not quite want you to leave, OR that AS you were leaving, the house was a bit more empty, making the acoustics such that you could hear everything a bit more clearly.
Thank you for sharing
butthead (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
i'll answer that question for you kim... As my hifi sais it too.
It's when you turn the hifi off, before it goes into hibernation or completely turns off, with modern technology how it is, the words 'goodbye' appear on the digital display, to let you know that it is turning off.

It all sounds very wierd, and that something is 100% there.

I keep thinking of the dogs though, and while I have seen videos of dogs jumping up to a handle and opening doors by themselves, the part that confuses me is that the two dogs were sitting outside.
Im not suggesting they was moving it (I guess if its a twisty handle then they couldn't anyway) but it does make me think that if it were paranormal, that it most definately was not that of a bad kind.
The dogs would surely be growling at them if soo... I would think.

KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
I also like your descriptor 'poop all over doggies". Very creative.

I am confused by one statement. How did your husband see the hi-fi say good bye? I don't understand what this means.

You are probably correct in your assumtion that who ever remained in the home did not want you to leave. They were probably comfortable with you there, and you saw to the up keep of the home.

Do you know who lived in the home after you left? Do you know if there are additional problems after you moved out? Just curious.

Thanks for sharing!
God Bless!
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
I can not stop laughing about 'poop-all-over' doggies:)) )
Cool story, thank god it is all in the past.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: