You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The House With A Million Eyes 2

Real Ghost Stories

The House With A Million Eyes 2

 

To be honest, I get the heebie jeebies all over thinking back on this. But anyway, here we go, back where I left off on the first part.

After my brother moved away, I was left all alone to contend with what was going on inside of our house. Before he left, I'd had the pleasure of his company whenever my parents were away on errands or out of town. But now that he was gone, and when my parents left the house for a while, I was completely alone. Or at least kind of, I think you know what I mean.

While my parents were out of the house, I'd spend that time having the TV all to myself. Since I was still just a little girl, having the TV all to myself was a rare occasion. So I'd quickly grab a soda and whatever snack food I could reach, and nestle down in front of the TV for a few hours.

One day, while I was watching TV, the boom-box radio upstairs suddenly turned itself on at maximum volume. I nearly jumped out of my seat, but got up the courage to go upstairs and investigate. Of course, it felt eerily as if I was being watched while I made my way up the stairs. When I got to the top of the landing, my first reaction was to turn down the manual volume of the radio to something I could bear to stand next to.

Then after turning it off, I looked around in all of the rooms to see if someone was playing a trick on me. Obviously no one was there. So I made my way back downstairs, feeling watched the whole time, and settled back into my seat. No more than maybe a few commercials later the radio suddenly turned itself on again, and this time again at maximum volume. Okay, now I was just plain annoyed. I marched back upstairs and this time I completely unplugged the thing. I checked the volume one more time, and to my astonishment it was set back at the maximum volume again.

This was just one example of the goings-on when I was home alone. This radio incident repeated itself many other times after that day. Other times while I was home alone and walking around the house, I'd often hear people whispering upstairs. It was never audible enough to ever completely make out what they were saying, but once in a while it was audible enough to know they were talking about me. Or to me. I never really figured that out.

However, there was one incident where I absolutely knew they were trying to speak to me. Again, my parents were gone and I was alone inside the house. I had actually watched my mother drive away that day. As I was doing my usual 'parents-are-gone' routine of watching the TV and eating whatever snack I could physically reach on the tips of my toes, slowly from outside the room I heard this faint whispering sound. It got louder.

Out of curiosity, I turned down the volume of the TV. And then I heard it call out my name, in a long drawn-out kind of way that made every small hair on my body stand completely on end. Was I utterly scared out of my mind? You bet I was. It resembled my mom's voice but I had SEEN her pull out of the driveway that day. I didn't dare react to it. And then I heard it again, but this time louder... Again, it called out my name all drawn out and whispery-like. Yet the downright craziest, most petrifying aspect of this experience was that the voice sounded... Inviting. I felt like I was being invited to go see something...

I think the most important lesson I learned from that experience, was that every instinct in my body screamed at me not to react with this thing. Or things. After the moment passed, I said a quick prayer to myself and resumed watching TV as if nothing had happened, besides closing the door and staying in there until my mom came back.

I apologize for these accounts being as long as they are. Furthermore, I apologize for having more than this second part to share. But if I were to share this all at once, it would be way to long for even me to want to read. Thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by 22aya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 22aya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Chelseababeh (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-27)
Truly Unerving. I'd be scared out of my wits, If I had the same thing happening! You are truly brave! ๐Ÿ˜œ ๐Ÿ˜Š
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Aya, I know what you mean. My parents lived in that house for so many years after I moved out. I guess some people learn to deal/live with these things after a while, or are just not bothered by it. An enclosed porch with a fireplace? That sounds really nice and cozy. ๐Ÿ˜Š โค
XDGabRDJAXD (19 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
Entities talking about you... This is really freaking me out. The only thing I experienced similar to that is the continuous calling of my name (every after 30 minutes or so) and then I would later ask: "Did someone just call my name?" The voice is the same as the other calls...

Just hope that you're not being disturbed by the/those spirits again... Wish you good luck! ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜•
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-17)
aya: The creepometer keeps on climbin'!...I can't tell you how many times I heard my name being called as a kid, and nobody (living) did so ๐Ÿ˜†...Looking forward to more! ๐Ÿ˜Š โค
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-17)
aya22 again a gripping story thanks for posting this.
Know what you mean when you say sorry for it being in parts my post ran to 3 for one story. At least breaking it down gives the reader a few things
1 time to ask questions
2 something to look forward to
3 the chance to read as much or as little as they like (save them turning of before the end) so personaly I think you picked the right way to post your story and I can't wait for the next instalment ๐Ÿ˜Š carl โค
aya22 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-17)
Thank you cosmogal, yes my brother is very happy now. ๐Ÿ˜Š And no, I do not live there, thank goodness! My parents still do, however, and for the life of me can't figure out how my mother does it. I've only visited the house once since I moved out, and when I did I actually slept OUTSIDE on the porch (it was enclosed with a fireplace). ๐Ÿ˜‰
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-17)
Hi aya, Your story reminds me a lot of the house I grew up in. I experienced some of the same things you have; one in particular is my name being called. I heard my name called 3 times while I was home alone one night doing homework it started out real low like you said and got louder and louder each time. Only difference was it was a quick urgent calling like to get my attention. Scared me so bad I went running out of the house and to a friends house. ๐Ÿ˜จ I'm sorry your brother had to move out due to all the negativity and arguing with your mother. I hope he is doing well now. I think the spirit/entity in the house was manevolent and enjoyed causing problems. Do you still live there? I'm sorry for asking, but I can't remember if you mentioned that in your first story. Thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: