You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Little Room Mate

Real Ghost Stories

My Little Room Mate

 

2 seconds before he died my dad came clean about his affair with Judith. Judith had died from childbirth and so did the child which was my dad's. I was there when he died and my mum was on night shift with her work. That night I got woke up by screaming (I was 10 years of age) and I walked out of my room on to the landing where my dad was covered in blood and had just enough time to tell me that it was Judith the lady who he no longer loved from his affair. I always remembered her name (he told me her surname too but I will not post that as it's private) after screaming and crying and terrified I got to the phone to phone the police ambulance and of course my mum.

My Little Room Mate

About a year later I had just got back from a holiday with my mum and I went in my bedroom and everything was on the floor and it was a complete mess, all of the other house was clean and just how we left it but in my room it looked like someone had been in there. That night I heard noises like someone was opening my cupboard and trying on my clothes so I turned the tv on and tried to get to sleep without being scared but 5 minutes later it turned off and my bedroom door slammed shut. I went to see if the window was open but it was shut so there was no wind to do it. Then my dvds all feel of my shelf on to the floor except one which was the parent trap which stayed on there. Then I remembered that the parent trap my dad had bought me for my 8th birthday. I screamed and went to open my door but I couldn't and then I turned around and my tv was on again but by that time I was screaming for my mum which soon enough had ran into my room and I told her everything that had happened. She told me it was probably just a draft of wind but I knew she was keeping something from me. After that I slept with her in her room and in the morning I went back in my room to find a complete mess which I tided up. That day my mum told me that Judith's child who died with her in childbirth's birthday would be today if she was alive and it was obviously Judith's death date as well.

That night around 6:30 my mum had popped down our local dvd rental place to hire some movies to watch for me and her to stop us from being scared and whilst she was doing that I went in my bedroom to put my pj's on. 5mins later my door slammed and I ran to it yanking trying to get out but I was stuck and my £100 mirror shattered on the floor and my dvd's had been spread all over my bed like someone was picking something to watch, there was only about 4 films and my 5th film (parent trap) was on top of my tv. Then I'd swear I had heard crying like a baby crying and that's when I smashed the window open and jumped onto the roof of the kitchen (we had an extension.) As I did this I was screaming for our neighbors to hear and then my mum came back and she got the ladder up and I safely climbed down.

Now we live in a different house as living there got to much for us. Everyone who reads please beware because my dads death was definitely not suicidal which the police said it was after inspections and everyone be careful because you never know what's out there.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chella, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-10)
I agree with Rook, Pjod and DA. Plus, she never explains the photo. What is the significance of the photo as pertains to this story?

I know that the mods are trying to be fair when they approve stories. Along that line, I don't mind reading stories that can possibly be debunked as being paranormal. That's part of the fun; analyzing someone's story to see if there is a rational, scientific explanation. However, and this is purely constructive criticism, I think the QA has been a little slack lately. I say this because I seem to have noticed a lot more stories lately with zero posts from the OP under them. Stories where the OP indicates they will participate or need help. It's not like the drop-down for participation defaults to "I will participate" or "I need help". The OP has to intentionally select that.

I read this story because I saw that the OP had one post. Unfortunately, I did not realize until after reading the story that the post was not under this story. I tend to skip stories that have been up for 2 or 3 weeks (i.e. Have comments that old) and have no posts from the OP. Especially when they intentionally select "I will participate" or "I need help".
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
I agree it does play out a little like a movie.

Okay, so I'm not a detective (I just play one on TV... Jk 😆) I just watch WAY to much Law In-Order (lol) If this was a movie it would go has followed.

Open story with the Mom with the knife on the landing. (crime of passion)
Father is trying to warn child with the "Parent Trap" telling child that her existing "Parent" murdered him therefore "Trapping" him between worlds until he gets justice on said killer.
END SCENE...
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
So what exactly happened to your dad? You said he was bleeding profusely and said that his lover was responsible, and police said it was a suicide. But what did she do? What exactly was his injury? Because people who commit suicide don't usually do it when someone else is home. Was the Parent Trap the only thing that your dad bought for you? Why would Judith and her infant child's spirits come back to harass you and your mother? You guys were not responsible for or even involved in her death. This all plays out too much like a movie to me. It sounds like a big chunk of information is missing.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
So what exactly did your father die of here? Murder? That'd be the kind of thing that I'd be inclined to come back to clear up myself, if I died of such.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
"parent trap"
Could have been worse..."Home Alone" could have popped up on top of the T.V.
Chella, I jest. 😁
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
Chella,

Why the "Parent Trap"? If this is your father maybe he isn't trying to scare you but send you a message.

Did your Mother at the time of your Father's death work far from where you lived?
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
the way you describe your fathers death, violent and sudden-- the shock he would be in would leave any person unable for a death-bed confession... At least the details of a past affair that would only leave one's wife and family hurt... Just my observation of your account.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
I'm having a, 'I know better than to Comment, but I'm going to anyway moment'... So here I go...

After reading this I was going to pass it over... Then I re-read it and I have ask/say something...

Do you believe that Judith actually killed your Father? (Her Ghost anyway?) It sure sounds like it when you state this:

"Everyone who reads please beware because my dads death was definitely not suicidal which the police said it was..."

I do not, nor have I ever seen or heard of any proof that 'ghosts' are able to hurt the living... Certain Entities and Demons may at times be able to physically touch us... But the Departed Spirit of an individual Human/Animal does not have the 'strength' to channel that much energy.

Before someone asks, No I'm not saying this is 'Demonic'...not at all.

You also seem to imply that it may have been your Father's Spirit that was 'haunting' your room... But ask yourself this... Would he have done things to scare you so badly?

There's a lot of things that happened to you, I need to ask this... You say your Dad confessed to you about his affair with Judith... And that her baby that passed with her was your Dad's. How does your Mother know about Judith's Child?

So those are my questions and comments.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: