You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Vernal...skinwalker Ranch

Real Ghost Stories

Vernal...skinwalker Ranch

 

Vernal is about 3 hours away from Salt Lake City and quite honestly it is a total back water town that has no city codes what so ever, you can pretty much have a cow in your front yard and you won't get a fine. Vernal is a little behind, meaning they don't have any major entertainment places and they only have one Walmart which is pretty awesome considering Walmart is taking over the world. But more on point, Vernal contains one of the places I would love to see! Vernal is home to Skinwalker Ranch, now this sounds gross like a nudist ranch but believe me it isn't. You can actually read a book about it, it is called Hunt for the Skinwalker and you can also watch some videos on youtube about it.

My sister lived about 40 minutes from this ranch and I believe what ever resides on this ranch also haunts the neighboring properties and what ever else is close.

A skinwalker is a type of witch that can take an animal form of their choice, based on Navajo Indian legend and instead of healing a person the skinwalker will curse you. According to my brother who was a friend of a Navajo Indian the witch can only become a skinwalker by killing a close friend or relative, they do not talk about it or think about it because it is believed that once you acknowledge it, they will find you.

But back to my point, while I was in Vernal visiting I ended up sleeping on the couch and just before I went to sleep I heard this whispering in my ear, it was a loud commanding whisper and when I repositioned myself on the couch to find the source of the voice, my sister's dog came running out of the hall, she just stood there looking at me and then laid down by the couch next to me and made a whimpering noise.

To me it seems that Vernal has a lot of haunting and I firmly believe they stem from Skinwalker Ranch, it has a history of hauntings, UFO's, cattle mutilations, a Wolf that can look into the window of a truck without standing on it's hind legs and pretty much 480 acres of complete weirdness.

Other hauntings by Believer88

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Believer88, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Believer88 (6 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
From what the previous owner's experienced it really wouldn't suprise me much if it was the supposed new Area 51. When the Gorman's bought the property the contract had some very interesting clauses such as not digging beyond a certain depth which would really make me think of an underground base similar to the one in Dulce, NM. But I will still eventually just go stare at the property for my own entertainment one day when I have time:D
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
Believer88: The owner is a very rich and powerful person. I don't want to make assumptions, but some people think he has quite a close "relationship" with the government. Some theorize that the Ranch is actually "the new Area 51", and that since the government was forced to acknowledge the existence of Area 51, most of the evidence pertaining to space and space travel has been moved from Nevada to the Ranch. Of course, these are merely theories and speculations.

I've made the trek to Area 51 a couple of times. The second time was with my daughter, and we were chased by a HUGE black SUV. I seriously almost sh! T my pants ๐Ÿ˜†. So, I don't know for sure, but I would venture to guess that the security company who patrols the borders (Cammo Dudes) is owned by the same man.

DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNN ๐Ÿ˜†
Believer88 (6 stories) (7 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
Sorry I haven't been on in a while but Pjod did he purchase the property from a family with the last name Gorman? I only ask because from what I have heard the property was purchased by the government and they are very serious about "no trespassing". I only know this because a few years back my uncle's friend was doing some research on the property while staying at a B&B near the ranch and was being watched and followed by people in a black SUV. So as kind of "I know you're watching me" joke he started watching them with his night vision goggles and one of the men in the SUV pulled out what looked like a cell phone and then these bright flashes of light engulfed the SUV. After that night he couldn't find his night vision goggles, so he started searching through the other rooms and found his goggles in a closet, taped up in a box in a room he had never slept in.

From what I understand about the government if this sort of activity was going on, I don't think they would have just sold it, mainly because they don't want to acknowledge the existence of aliens or ufos.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-19)
please, keep us posted... All very interesting...
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-19)
Pjod: Are you a mind reader ๐Ÿ˜†? Yeah, I have some research to do. And interestingly enough, there's another complex of Budget Suites only a few blocks away on the same street. You can see both marquees as you're driving LOL! Another non-coincidence, in my opinion: the day I published this story, later on in the evening was when I was given this info ๐Ÿ˜†

I'm going to continue my research and post a story when I get enough information. But not today! Work is calling! ๐Ÿ˜†
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-19)
that is interesting zzsgran, same owner. I'm not much into coincidence- perhaps the owner's (obvious) interests in the paranormal, led him to purchase the hotel on a tip that it was indeed haunted. Kind of like his own little experiment. Purchase, fix it up, move some renters in blindfolded (so to speak) and see if they report unusual activity. The guy is financially loaded with money- who knows?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-19)
Pjod: Here's an interesting tid-bit. My daughter and her neighbors, who live in a "hotel of sorts" called Budget Suites, have been experiencing a lot of activity recently. This covers nearly the entire third floor of their particular building. My daughter's apartment, and the two to the right of her, but not to left. Funny thing, I'm not afraid to ask people anymore if they believe in ghosts ๐Ÿ˜† and I talked to her neighbors to the left. Yes they are believers, but the gentleman has a lot of protective paraphernalia therefore, they aren't experiencing anything.

Anyway ๐Ÿ˜†, the man who owns the Ranch also owns the Budget Suites, and the company that wants to put the "hotel in space". I won't mention his name, I've given enough info for a Google search.

I don't know what this has to do with this story, but it is one reason I give credibility to this account๐Ÿ˜Š
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-19)
an investigator, journalist, George Knapp, I think is the name- known for uncovering "supposed" reverse engineering of crashed saucers by govt black operations, back in the 1980's (area 51 and such) - wrote a book about this skinwalker ranch. I have not read the book- but have heard some of the tales.
Example: video shows something invisible (movie creature like predetor) ripping out wires connected to other cameras- I have never seen this footage, and believe it has never been released, if it even exists at all. One thing is certain, the U.S. Military does have an interest in this ranch. The big question is why?
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-18)
I agree that whispers/voices can happen like that. It would be nice to know what the voice said, like others have mentioned.

At least you were not harmed.

Peace to you:)
crf1997 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-17)
Okay first of all, just seeing the title of this story creeped me out!:) This skinwalker legend is really freaky but very interesting. Now I'm scared to go near Utah! Lol! Now the whisper, I really don't know. I would just shake it off as of right now, considering you were falling asleep, unless of course it happens multiple more times. Along with the dog, they whimper all the time, just like the others said, because they want something, or if they are just being dogs. But... If she keeps randomly whimpering after something odd happens, then you might want to get out of there before the skinwalker gets you!:) Thanks for sharing this cool legend, I never heard of it before.
Isolde (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-17)
I'm with demonicsheikh on this story.
You were about to go to sleep when you heard the whispers? Could it be that you already were 'half' asleep when you heard them (so part of a dream) and the dog walking in on you (surprised to see you on the coach) was just a coincidence?
I don't know, help me out here.
Argette (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
I have had whispers many times. They call my name, ask questions, Never a dog, though!
Bornparanormal (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
This is a believable story but needs more evidence like maybe what it had said now I may be wrong you could be lying but who am I to Judge I am only 14 ๐Ÿ˜Š
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
Believer88, Dogs are intelligent wonderful animals, each with thier own personality. I don't know this particualr dog, so it could be well as Narella points out. The whimpering could have been something as simple as trying to tell you he wanted to go out, needed more water, etc. Then again, some dogs are scaredy cats and he might have been seeking comfort from you as something scared him.
If you could tell us what the whisper said, it could perhaps shed some light on why the dog acted like he did. I've heard whispers and voices most of my life. Usually the voices seem to be external (not heard in my head) and are either warning me or telling me something they feel I need to know. I've noticed the whispers seem to be 'muted' sounding, and often parts of a conversation. *Shrug*
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
Well, I don't know how many of you have experienced whipsers, but maybe WHISPERS? ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† Yeah, that's what I meant ๐Ÿ˜†
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
This experience is about the O/P hearing whispering and their opinion that the occurrence had to do with the proximity of the Skinwalker Ranch. I've experienced whipsers; heck, even had someone yell in my ear while I was lying on a pillow LOL so I don't always discount the sound of voices.

I think the point of this post is that this is a very active area and if the subject interests you, do some further research. Interesting reading out there on the WWW.
demonicsheikh (55 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
I didn't understood what was paranormal about a dog lying next to his master or humming of the dog.
Totally confused. Warewolf? Ufo? Witch? Shape shifters? Skin walkers from supernatural t.v series? What this experience is about? Please explain.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
If this is the same "skinwalker ranch" of paranormal fame- from what I understand, a very wealthy guy purchased this ranch, after hearing about high strange activity from previous owners. It seems to attract many a ufo buffs, and the perimeter is guarded around the clock. Rumor also states the the US govt is involved, or at least quite interested in the goings on at this particular location.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
Believer88: We have in our midst here in Vegas a local celebrity by the name of George Knapp. His interests include ufology, cryptozology, and other strange things, and he is an investigative reporter for a local TV station and author. He co-authored a book with Colm Kelleher, in which they discuss the Ranch. He also researched Area 51, and through that research and his publications, the US Government was forced to finally acknowledge the existence of the secret military base LOL.

Http://www.dailygrail.com/Reviews/2006/3/HUNT-SKINWALKER-Colm-Kelleher-and-George-Knapp

Thought you might find it interesting! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Narella (guest)
+3
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
What did the "loud,commanding whisper" say? Maybe the dog came to the couch because she heard you moving and was curious. Dogs do things like that. If there was something paranormal, I think the dog would have had a stronger reaction. I'm sorry, but I don't see anything paranormal in your story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: