You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Flash

Real Ghost Stories

Flash

 

I wouldn't want to make this long and bore you guys out. I suggest you read my first story "The Room Upstairs" to understand this story-line much more easily and also to understand the description/location of the happenings.

First things first, I am photophobic in nature. Well, not to the extremes of it. Let\'s say, I cannot take the flash of the camera, or say, if I look at lighting directly with my naked eye, there is major irritation in my eyes. It tends to become teary and my vision blurs. Well, this is just a biological problem.

Two nights ago, I woke up at around 2:30am. It was nothing to be worried about because it was a usual thing for me. I went to the restroom and came back to bed. I tried to go to sleep but I could not. My sleep was broken and it is very difficult for me to sleep again after it. So I twisted and turned over in my bed. Nothing happened except that I had a feeling that someone's watching me from the top of my cupboard. I tried my best to ignore the feeling but it had somehow grown over me. I have, most of the time, control over my emotions. I thought if I splash my face, the imagination or whatever it was would go away. On I went to the restroom around 3:10am. I did not switch on the lights. After I was done splashing my face, there were camera flashes just behind me (the mirror's above the basin). The peculiar thing about it was that it was a red flash. The flash affected me to quite an extent. My eyes were full of tears and it had a painful and burning sensation. It was a very unpleasant experience. I stumbled and fell to the ground, crashing with the small cupboard beside the basin. The sound woke one of my friend\'s and he woke up the others and they helped me get to bed. If anyone can let me know if we should do something I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Other hauntings by zom

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Aprajita (3 stories) (53 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-26)
Hi zom! Okay... You said that it was around 3:00 am... Well that's the time for ghosts and spirits... I believe you... Maybe it was some kind of biological defect... But from my point of view it was something paranormal...! Rest is your wish and wisdom...
BTW very good and scary story...!
mayank_holmes (5 stories) (32 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
that's pretty interesting account zom! But just as everybody suggested, first consult a doctor before you come to any conclusion whatsoever! It may be a paranormal case but there is nothing wrong if you consult a doctor! Lol 😐
Trio (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-24)
I agree with elnora and wish-not. Occasionally, I experience tunnel vision. The first time it happened I seriously thought I was going blind. The doctor said it was ocular migraines, but whenever it happens, I don't have a headache (although I do suffer from migraines). I mention this because whenever I open a door to enter a dark room, I see flashes of light. I suspect this is similar to what happened to you. I hope you find a resolution whether is physical, paranormal, or otherwise:)
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-24)
Zom- I think elnora has a very valid point with the ocular migraines. I personally suffer (and one does suffer) with this ailment. I actually had to go to several doctors to finally find out what was going on. The final one was a neurologist. They (the migraines) are manageable with over the counter meds. At least with me.
Point being is mine start with all kinds of visual disturbances. Usually lasting 20 to 45 minutes.
So if you continue to have them I would suggest asking a doctor about the ocular migraine.
Hope all is well.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-24)
You could be experiencing ocular migraines. They cause orbs, flashes and even, at time, blindness.

I am a bit more worried about the nerves in your eyes though.

I would go consult a doctor and make sure that your eyes are okay. Ocular migraines can be treated, as well.

Do you spend a lot of the day working with computers or screens? That can make it worse.
zom (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-24)
yes... It is that elnoraemily. But what about the flash I experienced?
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-20)
Acro,

While I am sure the OP appreciates your concern, there is nothing linking this to anything demonic. Photophobia can be a sign of a physical disorder or nerve impairment.
AcroLogic (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-20)
thats infestation first thing of a demonic activity that's pretty creepy😕
zom (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-18)
Yes... I'm sorry... School life is very hectic... I went to the doctor as you all advised... There is nothing wrong he said, my doc. Except for the usual photo phobia. And no. No shadows. Everything is normal.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-15)
Zom- I'm with everyone else on this. Go to your doctor.

However I have noticed that you have written three stories but have not posted one comment. You did agree to participate in this discussion so...
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-15)
I agree. You should see a doctor right away. The fact that you are photophobic as you put it, might indicate a problem with your optic nerve. Have you noticed any shadows in your eyes since this experience?
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-14)
Gotta agree with BadJuuJuu & elnoraemily that you should contact a doctor.

With regards
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-14)
This is definitely a physical issue. Make sure that you go to a doctor.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-14)
My honest opinion is that you should schedule an appointment with your doctor and describe the flash and your response. Some physical issues can cause you to see flashes, and it's best to rule out any possible health concerns. I was seeing white and purple flashes and streaks of light, which turned out to be related to a physical issue. Once my doctor got that under control, I stopped seeing the flashes and streaks.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: