You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Even In The Afterlife, They Continue To Race

Real Ghost Stories

Even In The Afterlife, They Continue To Race

 

This happened in Wentzville over a location unnamed on google maps.

I'm a bit of a car enthusiasts, been that way from age 2. My Father would tell me stories of Paul Newman and other top racers at Mid-America Raceway, a race track that would eventually fall to suburban homes.

There were still some bits of the track left, and knowing that there could still be some car debris under the dirt I drove out to the location to figure out the remains of the track. Driving on the country road that felt to the tracks entrance I felt the presence of a second passenger, faint images of cars being delivered on trucks, it was abnormal. I managed to sneak onto one of the bigger turns of the track (now a private service road), I didn't stay for long, I felt unwanted and drove like hell out of there.

Later, I walked around the suburbs to figure out where the track had been; even amongst the construction equipment I could faintly hear the race cars of days past, still roaring away, still trying to finish a race. I've visited the area only a second time and never got my passenger again, but whatever race I could hear was still going on. The only souvenir I found was the warped remains of a brake caliber right at the end of one of the tracks more sharp corners, couldn't tell what kind of car it came from, I just hope the driver survived the accident.

Ever since my visit I've had urges to return to the tracks remains, urges to drive in challenging weather, urges to watch more racing. I don't know if a spirit followed me home or if there's a certain energy that I absorbed in the area.

If there's anything that'll leave a permanent imprint its racing, the gruelling test of man against man for hours at a time, the joy and anger between pit crews and spectators, and the tragedy of accidents.

Afterward I read about a story where a family had passed away on the track when it was open, some drivers would report seeing people on the track at times. The family had passed away from carbon monoxide poisoning entering their tent from their heater.

Other hauntings by Ryoku75

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ryoku75, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
Ryoku-
It's probably much like when people hear glass breaking and find nothing broken, or doors banging that were locked up tight, dogs running across the floor when no dogs are around, the cannons firing at Gettysburg when...well, you get the idea. With residuals, the mechanical sounds can be included along with voices and feelings.

Enjoyed reading your account.
Ryoku75 (2 stories) (3 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
At Johnny:

Perhaps so, if the runway hasn't been used much I'd check for any signs of that accident where you get a bad feeling, look for plane bits, or marks in the dirt.

Sounds like a flight tried to make an emergency landing.

This is what puzzles me though, I can understand hearing voices or feelings, imprints from people that passed. But how do machines leave audible imprints?
JohnnyG55 (4 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
There's an old dirt runway not far from where I live that was used as a refuelling station for USAF planes coming back from missions over New Guinea. Quite often you can hear the very distictive roar of a Packard-Merlin engine, even though there hasn't been a plane on the runway in more than 60 years. There's also certain parts of the runway where you just feel something bad. There was a crash there in bad weather in 1943, where 8 airmen died. Might be a similar sort of deal?
Ryoku75 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
Glad you liked the story, I do believe that the location left a bit of an imprint on me.

Me driving in bad weather is less "evil" to me and more a matter of self-improvement, to become a better driver, it is admittedly scary at times especially with heavy traffic.

I understand the importance of safety, I'm much less of an aggressive driver now than when I visited that tracks remains, I just wish that everyone else drove a bit more safely.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-18)
Really neat story. I believe it was an imprint experience you had. I also believe when we get random thoughts and images pop in our heads, it is spirit guides leading us or just like a psychic thing. Of course not ALL thoughts, but like ones you had. Though some bad thoughts could be from bad entities too, like you mentioned. Not saying they are evil, but I just don't enjoy the thought of you wanting to race in bad weather and etc. 😢

But I want to also say be safe! Maybe because you felt such a presence there you really want to be a part of that experience thus leading you to think you want to relive those times of the passed drivers. Have fun, but remember to be safe. God bless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: