You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Watch

Real Ghost Stories

The Watch

 

My Mom died way too early. She was only 51. It was a very traumatic time for us. It started out with one of the most terrible sounds I know. The phone ringing in the middle of the night. One of my brothers calling to tell me that Mom had a major heart attack and to get home as quick as I can.

My Mom survived for 4 days after her heart attack. She was terribly sick and in pain. Trying to distract her I told her that I lost my watch. The watch was not valuable but it was my only watch and it was driving me crazy not to have it. My Mom latched on to the fact that I lost my watch and it consumed her thoughts. She kept giving me suggestions of where it might be. She finally fell asleep only to wake up about 10 minutes later to say that our Labrador had it. Our Lab was about 9 months old and very mischievous. My Mom started laughing and asked if he swallowed it would I be followed through life by a ticking Labrador like Capt Hook and his crocodile in Peter Pan? It was the last time I heard my Mom laugh.

Mom grew steadily sicker and sicker. The doctors said it was only a matter of time. At one point she died but they were able to revive her. Afterward my Mom said that she knew she had died and she was taken to this special place and in the place she saw some golden snakes or lights flying around. A man came to her and told her that she had to make a decision. She could either keep fighting or she could let go and come with him. My mom said she really wanted to let go and leave with the man but she was worried about who would take care of my Dad and their little dog. I told her that I would support whatever decision she wanted to make. If she wanted to fight I would help her. If she wanted to let go I would take care of my Dad and the dog. That night my Mom rallied. She was even moved to a room outside of Intensive Care and she asked to see her only grandchild who had not been allowed in to see her in Intensive Care. Five minutes after her grandchild left the room, Mom died. We all believed she had rallied just long enough to see her grandchild again and then she let go.

A month went by and I was still missing my Mom terribly (as I still do 10 years later) but life was moving on. I was about to leave on a business trip but I still had not found my watch. I decided to make one more effort and if I didn't find it I would have to buy a new one. After looking everywhere I could think of I turned and looked at the dog. I said to him "Grandma said that you have the watch. Can I have it back?" He just stood there looking at me with his tongue hanging out, looking goofy. Then he suddenly cocked his head as if he had heard someone call his name and he ran from the room. Thirty seconds later he was back with something in his mouth. He had my watch. I was dumbfounded. All I could think to do is say "Thanks Mom!"

Other hauntings by BabyBoo

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BabyBoo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-15)
Hi BabyBoo, what a magnificent story. Thank you for sharing it with us. The dog giving your watch back was simply amazing, it makes one think of all the possibilities that are out there. God bless you.

FRAWIN 😊
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-14)
Great story!It's wounderful BabyBoo. So sorry to hear about your mom though. The man must've been Jesus. The same thing happened to my grandmother. Except she was giving birth to my father. And she saw lights or golden snakes flying around and was in the clouds. She saw a man and he asked her the same questoin. She asked,"Who would help Poppie take care of 4 kids when I'm gone though? And get money?"Then after that she was back a live. But they didn't revive her... She revived herself. Amazing uh?There's a lot of mysteries out here.
Blessings to all,
cupcake10132
kimmielou23 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-13)
Im very sorry to hear about your mom. Your story is one of my favorites. Your mom sounded like a very strong person. Take Care
seraphim (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-12)
oh that is amazing! I have never heard a story like this before.

I'm very sorry for your loss; I cried when I read your story.
Lasieus (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-12)
reading this story makes me feel like crying~~

its so sweet of your mom, to hold on to see her grandchild one last time... To joke about the dog having the watch... And all.

i believe she's still watching over you. That's so sweet~~

>.< thanks for sharing your story
siddharth (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
Hey...Your story made me sentimental. It touched my soul. By the way, a lovely story and one of my faves.I'm sorry for your unbearable loss.
God Bless you! 😁
-Siddharth 😉
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-01)
A very touching story, BabyBoo. I am very sorry you had to go through the death of your Mother.
I love the fact that you knew you were distracting your mother by mentioning the watch, and that you helped her feel useful even from a hospital bed. Your love shows through right there.
Animals do see, hear and feel things that we humans do not. I have no idea if your mother knew the dog had taken the watch beforehand, but it sure sounds as if she told him to go get it for you!
Thank you for sharing this story with us.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
Thank you for sharing your touching story with us!

regadless of if your mother knew the dog had taken your watch, she was able to have the dog bring it to you when it counted, showing you she was at peace.

God Bless!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-29)
Hmm... BabyBoo, I'll give it a whack at answering your question. I don't think your Mom knew your dog took your watch, I think since you told her about it she decided to use that as a way of communicating with you so you would know it was really her. I truly believe animals can sense spirits and your Mom, as a spirit, sent your dog to get the watch to prove to you that it was her spirit you were dealing with. She wanted to be in touch with you in some way so you would know she was okay. That's my thought on it. 😊
BabyBoo (4 stories) (25 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-28)
Thank you all for your condolences. I am curious what you all think. Do you think that my Mom really knew beforehand that the dog had taken the watch or do you think that after she died she located the watch and gave the watch to the dog to give to me so I would know she was around?

BabyBoo
Karyn (1 stories) (63 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-27)
What a touching story. I too am sorry for your loss. To lose a mother is losing a piece if your life, like a puzzle that has a lost piece. Sometimes you can finish it and be happy with that missing piece, sometimes it can drive you crazy and the puzzle can never be complete. I hope you know this is a metaphor. I do wonder however, how could your mother could have known that the dog had it? It really makes one think how far the unknown comes to us and how, some of us come to understand it and seek it out, and why so many others can never conceive of that other world.
Good luck to you, and my your Higher Power bless you and keep you. ❤
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-27)
Hi BabyBoo. I'm really sorry for the loss of your Mother. Wow! I definitely believe that it WAS your Mom who called the dog and gave him the watch to give back to you. That is really amazing! Thank you for sharing your story. ~Shelby ❤
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-27)
What a lovely story. I too, know how badly it hurts to lose your mother. I feel it was her way of letting you know that she's still around when you need her. I find myself saying those same words "I want my mom". She sometimes comes to me in dreams, but that's all for now. My mom also rallied one last time on the day/night she died. I think it was so she could say goodbye to all of us.
Thank you for sharing your story with us! ❤
BabyBoo (4 stories) (25 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-27)
Bellissima, Thanks. It was a hard thing to go through. I am submitting my only other Mom story. Basically on time I was upset and said "I want my Mom" and I feel she let me know she was near. Also, my brother had a small wedding and afterward we just had cake and punch reception in a hotel room. The pictures of the bride and groom ended up with light streaks all over the pictures. This was with two different cameras and the film (Ha ha remember film?) processed at two different places. My brother is convinced that it was my Mom and she was ruining the pictures because she disapproved of the bride. Unfortunately the marriage ended very badly and none of the pictures survived the wrath of my sister-in-law.
😲
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-27)
Hi, BabyBoo. I'm so sorry for your loss. That is a painful thing to have to go through. Your Mom sounds like she was a practical and sensitive person. I'm really glad she held on to see her Grandchild, it must have been really important to her. She found her way to let you know she loves you and reassure you she was okay by 'finding' your watch. That was amazing. It's like she tried to help you before she died by telling you the dog had it, but when you still didn't find it, it seems like she told the dog to get it for you. I think animals have a special sensitivity and your Mom used that to send her message to you, that she thinks of you and is watching out for you. I'm sure she still watches over you. Have there been any other signs? Thank you for sharing your personal story with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: