You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Who Was Still Watching Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Was Still Watching Me?

 

Early one morning, my husband was leaving for work and he had kissed me goodbye. Before he left, the kids had woken up and he brought them into our room. My kids and I fell back asleep.

It was probably about two or three hours later that I awoke because I just had this feeling someone was watching me. I had taken the blankets off my head and as soon as I looked at my window, I saw a black figure. It looked like a person, just standing there, sort of leaning over as if to try and watch us sleeping. I jumped out of bed and turned on the light. I don't know why I turned the light on because the sun lit up the room. Once I jumped out of bed and turned the light on, the black figure was gone.

As soon as this happened, I just had the urge to call my mother. I told her what happened and she started to freak out. She said she had seen the same thing when I was about a one year old. She had heard me making noise in my bed, and she wanted to see what I was doing. As soon as she walked into the room, she saw a black figure leaning over my crib watching me play with my toys.

This is the only time I, myself, have seen this black figure. I have sat up at night trying to see if I could see the figure, but nothing ever happened.

When my mother told me her story, I freaked out. Has anyone else had these experiences?

Other hauntings by Surlay2

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Surlay2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ErickMontezuma (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-28)
Well I have done some searching on the web for a story close to mine and so far this is pretty close. When I was younger [I don't rly remember my exact age] I was living in a log cabin around winter time I went to bed and fell asleep and woke up somewhere in the middle of the night to see figures around my bed. I was so scared I quickly closed my eyes the second I opened them and hoped they didn't notice that I saw them. I layed as still as I could and I barely took a breath in fear they would see me if they didn't already. I took a few peeks. Ligtly and slowly opening my eyes a few times... But just barely. I noticed they seemed to almost whisper to each other but at the same time they intently watched me. My Older Brother slept about 4 feet away from me and in the morning I asked if he saw anything but he had slept through it all and my family thought I was crazy. I am now 22 and just thinking about that day still scares me. I know what I saw to be real And gladly haven't seen anything like it since that experience.
But I will never forget it.
aja (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
I've had the same sort of thing, black figures, one of which I have seen twice. What made them go away was praying. Some people may say that they are harmless since they never harm you but there is still something sinister about waking up to find one looking at you in your sleep. I would recommend talking to a priest.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
Hi Surlay2,
The only experience that I've had remotly like yours was when I was 8 years old and woke up to find a man in a white and gold "choir robe" standing at the foot of my bed. He was fully visible to me, I can even remember the color of his hair and eyes. Of course you were scared by this sudden vision but thinking back on it did you feel any hostility from the figure or did your mother when she saw the same thing? Just curious. I hope things are going better for you since your reply to my story. If you need someone to listen you can always email me. God bless.
Bliss006 (6 stories) (49 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-04)
One of my very close friend had the same experience, when he was about 11 months old, he was crying out loud, when his mom went to see what was wrong with him, she noticed a black shadow like figure trying to grab my friend. So she just picked him up and ran out of the room. Then when he was 11 years old and lived in a boarding school, they was this black shadow like figure asking my friend to follow him. Very scary...
Surlay2 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
Well when I was younger about the age of 2 my grandmother had passed. And after that we moved to new york were she had lived. It could be her. But what my daughter sees is a man. So I don't really know. I talked to my mother today about it and she said that my dads family said it could have been my grandmother also.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
Now that is scary. It is kind wird that your mother saw the same thing many years ago. I realy find that to be scary! I thought that this was a family member but Since you were scared I would say this was somebody else. But I wonder whO? I hope to hear from you soon and take care
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
There are many different things that it could be. A past life or a family member. Had someone you known or a member pass away when you were little? That could explain it. You never know. I hope everything works out. You can actually try and communicate with one night while your kids are asleep or something. What has your husband had to say about it? Try talking to him and let him know your concern. He might want to have a deeper look into this figure so you and it can finally have some peace. Good Luck
Surlay2 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
I haven't seen it since that morning. But I continue to feel its presents around me. Its really weird. But my daughter does see a figure when she is laying in her bed. So I don't know... Could be a family member or someone I knew in a different life time.
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
That is really strange! I would have freaked 😨. If your mother witnessed the same thing when you were younger than this figure probably has some kind of connection with you. I wonder if it might have been a family member watching over you. If they made no attampt in contacting you and have not shown up since then I would brush it off as a coincidence. Has it appeared anymore or just that once? PLus, have your children witnessed this figure? If they might have then there could be a bigger connection. Keep me posted! Best of luck

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: