You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: My Friend's Story - The Imp

Real Ghost Stories

My Friend's Story - The Imp

 

One of my best friends, whose name I am not going to use, used to live in a haunted house. He grew up in a spiritual family, very religious. One year ago, they moved out of a house which is about 4 miles from where I live now, and about 5 from where he lives.

They lived in a house in a small neighborhood. The house had an entity in it called an Imp. Now, according to what they have told me, it is not quite a demon, but very close. They are similar to a Poltergheist, and somewhat similar to a demon. Almost like a combination of the two. They said this entity could move very fast, was shaped like a large black ball, and could go invisible when it chose to willingly.

One of the very first nights they moved into that house, my friend's younger brother and his mother saw it with a clear sight. My friend described it to me as more of something you would see in the corner of your eye, not usually a close look. He never actually saw it up close like they did. They bought a dog to live in th e house with them because they did not feel very comfortable. Sometimes in the middle of the night, the dog would wake up growling, and following something while it would sniff at the ground. This was when it was invisible. (Note: Dogs and Cats can see spirits when humans can not, meaning while they are invisible). My friend, every night, would put a tall glass of water next to his bed to drink if he got thirsty during the night. Almost every morning, he would wake to find the glass had less than an inch of water in it.

One night, his older sister, whose name I will also not mention, woke up while sleeping in her room. She would always lock her doors and windows in that house. She thought someone was at the door. I forgot to mention, they had a black cat at the time of living in this house. She opened the door and saw what she thought was their black cat. She let it in and locked her doors and windows again. The next morning, she woke up and realized that the cat was not in the room, or anywhere in sight. She asked the family if they took the cat out of her room, and they all said they had not been in her room. They believe the Imp took form of a black cat to get inside of her room.

My friend tells me that this house did not only have this Imp in it, but other lost spirits. There would be random wandering spirits in the house of random people they did not know. They would be in their rooms sometimes, and random people would be standing there with no expressions on their faces. They finally decided to move out of that house, and into the house they live in now, which is a 10-15 minute walk from mine. They were all sitting on their couch the night before the move, and my friend says that in the first time, he had a very close encounter with this entity. All of a sudden, something with a very deep, evil voice whispered in his ear "Hey, you..."

They did move, but they found out from their current neighbors that the neighborhood had quite a few houses with similar entities lurking inside of them. I asked his mother, "What do you think it was? Do you think it could have been from another planet?" (I am very interested in aliens and UFOs, so I of course thought of this). She responded "I don't know, it's possible there's life on other planets".

I can not say I know exactly what this entity was, why it was there, or where it came from, but I do think it is a possibility that Satan sent it. From somewhere else in the universe, I don't know. Perhaps the neighborhood had a history of demonic rituals. Ever since, in their new house, they have had it blessed, and the Virgin Mary, mother of Christ, has helped them out in an amazing way.

Other hauntings by COBzeppelin99

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, COBzeppelin99, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Schism (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
I don't believe there's a portal to hell.

I was using the term to help explain why I feel that the ghosts were caused by something very human that happened on the land in the past, and why I don't believe this house is full of demons as the occupants of the house believed.

Sorry for the confusion. Didn't mean it literally 😁

I'd still love to hear from the OP if there's any history on the land or maybe if he/she could tell us about where the area is so we could maybe do our own research. The reason I'm so interested in this is because other homes in the neighborhood supposedly also had similar hauntings. I'm wondering if all these ghosts came about from the same time period.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
As far as MY understanding of portals, COBzeppelin99, there is no actual impressive or monumental entrance, gate, or door in between the realm of Hell and Earth. As far as my understanding goes, that picturesque definition is reserved for media induced visualization.
It is MY understanding that the portal between good and evil is within the human soul. A person has (through free will, given as a gift from our Maker) the ability to either open those doors, shut them, or lock them tight. WE are the Guardian of those doors, and therefore are responsible for all of our personal actions (after the age of accountability).
That is not to say that I feel demons are simply wandering the earth, with no actual way back and forth. I believe they have the power to roam wherever it is that their ruler should have them roam, in the manner in which he deems necessary.
There MAY be a Harry Potterish type of portal, or even a specific place here on Earth where travel is made easier, but not that I am aware of. But in all honesty, if I DID know an exact location, I more than probably would not share THAT type of information. 😊
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
Well this sure was a interesting story. I'm glad you got some great help form our members here. They know there stuff. I'm not sure if there is a portal to hell but I'm no expert when it comes to these kind of stuff. But if spirits can contact us through ouji boards then I to believe that demons can to. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
COBzeppelin99 (2 stories) (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-08)
is there such thing as a porthole to hell on earth? Never heard of that. Are there any stories of them?
Schism (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-08)
Thank you white buffalo. I did not know that the word "demon" originally meant "guardian spirit".

I like that a lot!

Good explainations for the different terms we use today.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-08)
Hello, COBzeppelin99.
The behavior of imps is said to be wild and often out of control, and many myths depict the creatures reveling in pranks and jokes, leading to the use of the word "impish" to describe people who are fond of mischief.
In some cultures, fairies are analogous to imps. Both share the sense of being free spirited and fun loving, although some people associate fairies specifically with good, rather than malice, as is the case with imps. Imps and fairies are both fond of misleading people in the folklore of many traditions, and they may be involved with pranks, switches of infants, and similar activities. At times, these pranks may be harmless, but they can also be dangerous or upsetting, as in the case of an imp which leads people astray in marshes.
Some believe that demons are of non-human origin, or that the human psyche generates such a negativity that a person's soul can somehow degenerate into a form of that which we name a demon. "Demon" is originally a Greek term which meant a wise, guardian spirit. Today, in religion and parapsychology, "demons" have evolved into meaning entities which appear to have malicious intent, and are possibly of a non-human origin; differentiated from a ghost which proceeded from a once-living person. This "understanding" has come through religion over the past 2000 years, or more.
The negativity surrounding some ghosts and their intentions often confuses or tricks people into believing they are demons. Not all negative ghosts ARE demons, however, just as not all Imps are guardians of Hell. They are just little aggravating creatures that look like ugly fairies and act just as ugly.
Thank you.
Schism (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-08)
A poltergeist is a ghost that makes noise. The word means, "noisy ghost".

A demon, as some people refer to it, is similar to a very evil human who does things to try to hurt others. Some people believe that these aren't demons at all, but maybe just very angry people who have passed on.

The fact that they are religious people doesn't mean that they know for certain that this was a demon and not just a ghost looking to have a little fun with them.

I was raised in a very religious house as well, and my parents used to blame everything paranormal on "demons". I believed them and we also thought we knew everything.

They were very wrong. I know better now.

But I don't want to get into that. I am fascinated by your story.

Do you have any info on the history of the area? This may give more insight as to why other houses in the neighborhood have had similar occurances. I doubt that their homes are all built on some sort of porthole to hell. Instead, maybe an event took place in history such as a battle. Or perhaps the area was settled by humans long before our time?

Thanks again for posting. I really like this one.
COBzeppelin99 (2 stories) (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
How would a demon act? Please explain, I'm a little confused on how demons are different
Massive_Lemon (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
Sounds more like a poltergeist, less like a demon. Truth be told, it sounds nothing like a demon, more like a trouble maker (which is what an imp is, by definition).
COBzeppelin99 (2 stories) (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
Well Schism,

They just described it to me as an Imp and they are very religious people who know all there is to know about such subjects, so I will believe them. They described it as a dark ball, that likes to cause destructive behavior so that sounds to me like a little more than a ghost. Similar to a poltergheist though.
Schism (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
I'm sure it wasn't a demon sent by Satan.

In fact, the voice was probably just that of a deceased person who wanted to get someone's attention. And the black cat/ball/imp is probably nothing more than the ghost of someone's pet that still resides in the house and also wants some attention.

Do you have any history of the land where this neighborhood is? For several of the houses to have similar hauntings, it makes me wonder if they are all related to an event that took place on the land.

Thanks for sharing:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: