You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Girl And The Ghost Tower

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl And The Ghost Tower

 

A while ago I commented on a person's story concerning a 'Muppets' t-shirt. Please see my favorites to read the full story. In the comments I expressed that I had had a similar experience happen to me. THE MUPPETS ARE EVIL! Joke. I'm sure they're all lovely people! It was just one particular Muppet that creped me out in my haunting... 'Animal'.

This is quite a story, so bear with me if I make a few mistakes or become a bit vague. I went on a 'Ghost Hunting' expedition with a friend who I have previously mentioned in other stories. He is a great believer in the supernatural. I took some convincing to get to come along, as I don't enjoy getting scared out of my wits! But as I've said before, I seem to be able to see, or feel things other people can't. My friend seems to think I'm psychic, but I hope I'm not because it's a pretty scary gift to have.

Anyway, I was convinced to come along to a night vigil my friend was conducting. We went to Warwick Castle, which is near to where we live. And we pitched up for the night in the supposed 'Ghost Tower'. Well, the name certainly lived up to the happenings, which occurred unto us within those walls. Note for the future: I was wearing a grey t-shirt with a picture of the Muppet 'Animal'.

A lot of things happened to us in that tower. There were five of us in total, including my friend and me. I hated every minute in that tower. We heard noises, shouting, scratching, saw light anomalies, and felt temperature changes. But at around three o'clock I was left on my own to see if I could contact anyone who was there.

I did. A girl. I didn't intentionally ask her to come to me but she sort of appeared. She was dressed in period clothing, of around the 12th century. She can't have been much younger than me, about 14 years old. But she scared me. She felt angry, like something bad had happened to her in life.

She disappeared and we ended the vigil for the night. We got a taxi and we went home. I kept asking the cabbie to turn up the heating because I was freezing and felt uncomfortable for the whole journey. I got back at about four in the morning. Needless to say I slept like a baby.

I'd only being sleeping an hour when I felt someone sit on my legs. I though it was my brother messing around and I told him to get off. But when I looked up at the person, it wasn't my brother. It was the girl from the Ghost Tower. She looked at me intensely for a few minutes and I just stared back at her in pure horror. She had followed me from the Castle. But then before my eyes her face seemed to morph into the face of 'Animal', the face of the t-shirt I had worn that night. I was so frightened.

Then she just disappeared. Just like that. She vanished and I haven't seen her since that night. That was at least two months ago. Just thought I'd share it with you though, seeing as I promised to.

Other hauntings by Angelofmusic

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Angelofmusic, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-18)
Aha, I love Animal XDDD
Thats pretty awesome, I'd love to know your friend XD all my friends are too terrifed or thyey don't believe:p
I also laughed when you said she turned into Animal XD
I'm also psychic 8D I get freaked out communicating with ghosts alone though ><
Angelofmusic (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
Thanks to all you guys. I really appreciate your slant on the story and what happened. Big luv ❤. It's very useful to have an outsider oppinion. Maybe she was just trying to familiarise herself with me by changing into Animal even if it was a little creepy! I do try not to be scared when things like this happen to me but I can't help it. That little muppet is pretty creepy!
Ty to you all!
Xxx
kwghost (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
well done for sharing your story with the public...well, the part where the girl's face change into the 'animal' was sort of freaky, I wouldn't want to see it anymore if I were you and I'd most probably burn that t-shirt
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
If I saw a ghost turn into Animal I'd be scared out of my wits too! I have to admit though, that gave me a good laugh. I'd be scared if I saw it in real life, but the image is kind of funny. Thanks for sharing.
-TRG
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Doing my research, I have brought more than one home. No joking. I think it is because I am interested in recording them in the cemetery. Kind of like, a live person is showing interest in me, I will follow them. Once they figure out that we cannot hear (or in your case, see) them, they kind of move on. Don't let this be a bad experience for you. Forget the Hollywood version of Ghosts. They were / are people. She probably needed your help with something since you appeared to see her. Maybe she was looking for someone, or couldn't pass over. No these many years later, she is ready... Just a thought.
luvrupurt (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
Wow! I would love to go on a 'hunt' like that but, like in your story, ghosts follow people home. Its interesting that you saw her morph into 'Animal'...i would never want to look at that shirt again... She probably wasn't trying to scare you. Its most likely the opposite. Try not to be scared and I hope this didn't scare you all the way to never going on another trip. Good Luck! 😊
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
It sounds like a very vivid dream, to me. Morphing into the face of a muppet? That really sounds like the stuff of dreams. However your earlier experience in seeing her at the castle, I can totally believe. I suggest it may have scared you so much that it came back up in your dreamtime.
StephanDragon (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
Your story was well done and I have had similar exprience with a ghost following me home which will share later in my stories. It is most likely she followed you home because as you said you were close in age and secondly because you could see her. As for morphing into Animal the muppet is very likely that she saw your fear and was trying to comfort you by changing her appearance into something she thought you would find more comfortable to see. This is pure speculation but in my own experience it seems to be the most logical of explinations

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: