You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Strange Grasp On My Shoulder

Real Ghost Stories

A Strange Grasp On My Shoulder

 

This is my first paranormal experience, it was when I was married about 6 years ago. One night I was about to go to sleep. I just tucked in my son and I laid down and turned off the lamp (I will never sleep in complete darkness again). Everything was pitch black in the room. It had been a long day and I closed my eyes. My husband was already asleep next to me and I was about to even start drifting off to sleep when I felt "someone" place their hand on my shoulder. I thought it was my husband so I placed my hand on the one on my shoulder and I was caressing it thinking it was my husbands hand when I really started noticing that the hand on my shoulder was small, cold, and the skin was hard.

I freaked out so bad my heart was racing. I was soooo scared I didn't even want to open my eyes. I looked to my right and shoved my husband until he woke up and asked him where his hands were. He asked me why and I told him just to tell me. He was facing the wall so he had to bring his arm out the other side and he raised them up. Since I couldn't see I just felt both his arms and his hands and I knew the cold small hand was still on my shoulder by the pressure of it and the cold. I told him to place his hand on my shoulder and he was reluctant but he did full force.

I then could feel the other unknown hand on my shoulder and his hand on that other hand and finally he asked me "why?" and I asked him "what do you feel on my shoulder?" and he said "your hand" and I told him "babe, that's not my hand" and I touched his arm with both my hands to prove it to him and he jumped and screamed asking what that was. I shook my shoulder off and my skin was still cold but the hand was gone. I turned on the lamp and nothing was there. We didn't sleep at all that night, it was just too scary. Every now and then when me and my ex husband talk, I ask him if he remembers that time and he freaks out again at the time it scared me to death...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kuromi2012, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-10)
oh my god I have read a lot of stories on here, but this one is the creepiest one I have read by far... If that had happened to me, I would have died on the spot... Then my hands would be cold... Going straight into my favourites.
kuromi2012 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
Omg I hope I don't have anything attatched to me I don't think I do... And if that's true then I wouldn't know how or when it happened I bless the places I move into with holy water occasionally but in between times that's when I just get that feeling like I'm not alone and like if someones watching me or something there also have been times when I feel like if there's nothing but pure evil in a particular areas I felt it once at my other apt I moved again and I'm going to be moving again in a couple of days so I hope nothing happens maybe the ghost is lost or something I haven't had any activity for a month now oh and one last scary note... When I was watching paranormal state they were talkin bout a demon and they scrambled the words up and like an idiot I was like huh? What does it say? And for some stupid reason I said oh it says belial! -_- then I realized how stupid I was for saying it out loud later that night when I went home I was reading my book and I heard a strange twisted robotical like deep voice say "Jennifer" (my name) I was like ahhhh omg omg noo! I jumped outta bed and ran to tell my mom what happened
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
That must have scared the living daylights out of both of you. Tugging on the PJs, yeh know what that feels like.

You sound as though you are coping with it fine. Have you thought something might be attached to you? I don't know if you have already been told this I have not read the other comments.

Do you cleanse the properties when you move in?
kuromi2012 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
thats true ghostgirl it is sad but why meee? Lol why not the neighbors or something...
ghostligirl15994 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
The scariest thing in the world are creepy kids. I have the feeling it's a child from your description. Ooooh, ghost children are both the saddest and most terrifying spirits in my opinion.
kuromi2012 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
To cutishivy- yeah no harm was done that was the only time it has touched my skin I was wearing a tank top so I could feel its hand on my bare skin I have felt other things though like someone tugging on my pj leg while the light was on (this happened in a different house much older) and whispers in my ear ill get around to submitting more stories there's plenty more.

To ghostarereal- I don't live there anymore that house was built for us so nobody lived there before us but there were orange tree fields there before they cleared the land and since we live so close to Mexico who knows what has happened my first initial thought was it was either a female or a child.

To rhodes68- Even though I have moved from that house I still to this day occasionally hear things I have had my bed hit really hard, my closet doors slam but not shut whispers in my ear my pajama leg being tugged (I move a lot from apartments to houses these events are apparently getting stronger the more I move) but in that house yeah that was the last because we moved shorty after for other personal reasons.

To Jackets- yeah lol I wanted to sleep somewhere else but I am a very calm person so I can usually control my emotions pretty quick in a state of panic yeah I'm glad I wasn't the only one who experienced it.

To kimsouthO- That was the last time I experienced anything in THAT house trust me more has happened that I am in the process of posting on this website for now though everything seems calm except for my recent strange dream of the end of times... Thats for another story lol I'm used to my mom telling us everything she has seen and heard in her life I think I have somewhat of a sixth sense just like her.

To Tonith- Wow that's an amazing experience your aunt had and yes I agree there is def more to this life that meets the eye my strange little theory (not all may agree to this but its just my strange mind) I think that our plane of existence is crossed by the paranormal plane kind of like an X something that intersects so that anything in purgatory or hell even heaven can enter the energy that surrounds us... My mom has had experienced a black shadow figure (demon) that would follow my dad like a mocking mirror image as he would get up from bed and would come back and lay down again I wish I wouldn't hear things I would rather be left alone by the paranormal... This one ghost wanted me to help him but I didn't know how that story has been submitted and may be posted soon I hope.

To Nor_cal_girl- yeah I'm lucky I didn't experience that alone but again... That was six years ago and more things have happened since then even though I don't live in the same house anymore and I noticed it always happens in the dark so I sleep with a night light on lol I still get scared but sometimes it just makes me mad especially when I hear a voice whisper in my ear I would just look around angry and of course see nothing and just leave my room mad because I know I wouldn't sleep that night.

Thank you all for taking your time to read my first ghost experience!:) there's a couple more stories I have yet to post and little experiences here and there I truly rather have nothing to do with the paranormal but somehow they see me as a way to communicate or something I don't know hopefully it goes away forever Ill be praying for the souls that may be in need of prayer and Ill be more than happy to answer any of your questions 😊
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
That's so freaky! And to think that your husband at the time felt it too?! That's pretty amazing. I think it's lucky you weren't alone, I mean, it was scary either way but if I was alone I would have ran out of my house!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
Needless to say you kept your head on straight while your husband freaked out. When I was a teenager my great aunt told me something similiar that happened to her. Her husband died and one night not long after his death she felt something slide onto his side of the bed and it was very cold and the presence was also solid or like she said " stone cold". My grandmother also saw her husband's hat passing her living room window just like the route he took when coming home when he was alive. Now both my great aunt and grandmother (sisters) were of German descent and believed in the supernatual so was this just imagination and grief? I doubt it. They were also very grounded people and not one for flights of fancy. They just understood that there is more to this life than meets the eye. Both have been gone for 4 decades but while they were not the type to tell tales I will always remember the few they did tell and believed them to be truthful statements. I believe your story too.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
Whew! That was something! I'm not sure how I culd have responded!

Have yo had any further experienes in the home? Has your husband?

It certainly seems as if someone or something was trying to get your attention and did!

I am afraid I would have run screaming into the night, family in tow!

Thanks for taking the time to share your story with us!

God Bless!
Jackets (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
How creepy! I would have gotten up, ran and got my son and stayed up with the light on all night long. Thank goodness you were not alone.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
That was one very unnerving encounter kuromi!

I could almost feel the cold touch as I was reading this!

I assume you never had anything else happen to you after that night.
ghostsarereal2 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
Thats creepy. Hey you should find out the people who lived in that house before you. Or ask if a young child died in that house or something because you said it felt like a small hand. Good Luck!
CutishIvy (47 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
creepy. Well, at least no harm done, right?
Is that the only time that the cold hand touches you?
kuromi2012 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
I'm guessing it was just trying to let me know its there for what reason I don't know I have had a few more incidences where I have felt other kinds of touches and whispers in my ear I'm just glad I've never seen anything
bm77136 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
This is truly terrifying. Its right out of a scary movie. At least the hand wasn't trying to cause you any harm. So you haven't had anymore experiences with this?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: