You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Silent Lady In My House

Real Ghost Stories

Silent Lady In My House

 

It has been awhile since I was able to post a story, (forgot my password). There has been a new addition to my household a lady that two of my guy friends and my boyfriend have both seen on different occasions. My boyfriend I think believes in the supernatural but he does not like to talk about it in anyway shape or form. We have lived together for about 3 years in my home.

One night about 2 years ago he woke me up from a dead sleep and said "There was some lady standing at the end of the bed then she just walked out of our room into the hall turned right into the bathroom and vanished". I got up and looked but saw nothing. I told him strange things happened in this house all the time and maybe he was dreaming. He seemed shaken by the event stating he knew what he saw and he was not dreaming. He stayed up the rest of the night. He never said anything else about it, even though I teased him about his new girlfriend (the lady) he did not find it funny.

About a year later a dear friend of mine was in from out of town and I was getting ready to go out with him and some friends. He was waiting for me in the front hallway which if you turn left leads to the bathroom at the end of the hall and my bedroom on the right. I came through another door from the downstairs laundry area and he looked at me turned and looked back down the hallway and said where did you just come from? I said downstairs getting my clothes. He turned snow white and said I have been talking to you for 15 minutes down the hall into the bedroom. I said I was not back in that part of the house and there is no access to that area from downstairs. He said he saw a shadow of a woman moving around in my bedroom off the wall in the hallway like she was looking through draws and getting dressed, he said he turned to look at the TV and out of the corner of his eye he saw a woman walk out of my bedroom into the hall and into the bathroom pushing the door shut behind her. HE HONESTLY THOUGHT IT WAS ME. He continued talking to her, that's when I came through the door at the other end of the house. Needless to say he was completely freaked out.

Now another guy friend was over and was downstairs in our rec room. He said right after my boyfriend and I went to the store he heard someone upstairs walking around, he thought we were back and came upstairs to help carry stuff in. When got up there he said he yelled for us but no one answered. He went to the end of the hall and heard something like drawers being opened and shut in our bedroom. He said he then saw lady come out of the room turn right and go into the bathroom. He freaked out and went outside and waited for us on the porch he would not go back in the house alone.

My boyfriend just saw her again about a month ago. We had friends over and I went to bed before they all did. I woke up about 2:30am and could see someone in the hallway; well it was my boyfriend just standing there frozen. I said what's wrong, he said I just saw that lady again she came out of the bedroom and went into the bathroom. I kind of laughed and said I think she likes you, come on to bed.

All three men have had same experience with this woman at different times and I HAVE NEVER EVER SEEN HER. They say she has long dark hair like an American Indian and white dressing gown kind of like a woman would wear to bed in the 1800's. My parents built the house but there has always been spiritual activity even though there have been no previous owners. I did some research and the little town we live in actually had 6 Civil War graveyards through out the area. Also all three guys say it's like she does not even see them or even know they are there. She just does the same thing each time.

Now my questions are

1. Is this a residual haunting?

2. Why have I never seen her, when I seen so many others

3. Why is it just in the last 3 years she has begun appearing.

4. Are we maybe just ghosts to her since she does not acknowledge anyone?

I did have a strange dream one night not to long after her last appearance to my boyfriend. Someone or something said to me "Do not be afraid, you have a new spirit guide and her name is Maggie", she will teach you the ways and protect you. Now what that meant I do not know.

Sorry story is so long, but I needed to explain in detail to get whole thing out there.

Any ideas please feel free to comment. Thanks so much

Zukismom

Other hauntings by ZUKISMOM

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ZUKISMOM, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

d2424 (5 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-19)
it sounds residual because she keeps doing the same thing over think of it as a tape player playing over and over again.
everlong (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-28)
I think that there is no question that it is a residual type haunt. She does the same thing every time and never notices anyone or interacts in any way. That is a classic residual haunting. Definitely nothing to be scared of.
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
😆 You always hear about items missing around the house and ghosts possibly being responsible; if your Manolo Blahnik's turn up missing, gimme a call, I'll go to battle on your behalf for that!
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
Gallegal, you maybe right. I never thought of this in terms as she maybe some kind of of sucubus who only attracts men. I have a house full of ghosts trust me, myself and many of my male and female friends have seen and heard some strange things over the years and but this one stumps me. It is almost like she is lost or something. Who knows maybe she was already attached to my boyfriend before he moved in. It may have nothing to do with me that's why I cannot see her. Well as long as she doesn't start wearing my designer shoes around the house, me and her will get along just fine. 😆
Thanks everyone for all your comments and input
Zukismom
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-26)
I agree with galleygal. Maybe your boyfriend moving in had something to do with it. If anything else happens, please do update us 😁.
winsomegirl1 (1 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
'Spirit guides' are not part of Christian faith or doctrines; we have the angels. It is a New Age invention - demons masquerade as so-called spirit guides and try to mislead us. Beware!
banelunawolf (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
i think that the women wasn't maggie, but mayby someone representing maggie, also mayby the ghost women might have lived not very far from you in one of the civil wars
And her spirit got a bit lost thinking your house was her house. Also I think that mayby she was killed so quick that she didn't know she was and at the time of her death she was going on a date. Hope this helps,
BANELUNAWOLF 😊
P.S I think you could resherch the town/city and look up the civil wars
,so basicaly I don't know on this one. 😭
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
Sounds like the "change" that occurred threee years ago was your boyfriend coming to live with you. The woman might appear only to men because you are busy out of the house, or asleep, or getting ready in other parts of the house from where she appears...maybe you can hang out near the bathroom more to catch a glimpse?

But her appearing only since your boyfriend arrived three years ago makes me think that she shows herself to men exclusively for some unknown reason that has nothing to do with you...perhaps she is readying herself for a date and in anticipation of meeting her man, she sends off vibes that enable only men to see her? Maybe far-fetched but since there's no way of knowing, a little speculation can't hurt!:)
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
I tend to agree with all of you comments. I Think she is a residual haunting and could really care less about what we are doing. I have seen so many other spirits in my life since I was 6 that it struck me as odd that she was one that I just could not see and 3 others could. I also tend to agree that she is not Maggie. Usually you don't actually see your spirit guides, they communicate verbally through dreams. You have been much help.I will be writing updates on all of my extra house guests soon
Blessed BE
Zukismom
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
1. It does seem residual, but it's also very strange that she opened your drawers and closed the bathroom door behind herself. You said she seemed like she wasn't aware of the men that saw her, yet she was completely aware of your furniture and the layout of your home. Is there any possible way she has been there before? Is your home old enough?

2. She may just choose to show herself to men (but then she wouldn't be unaware of them). If you do have the ability to see other ghosts, maybe it's just a coincidence and only a matter of time before you actually get to see her.

3. I can't imagine why she would just start showing up. She may have always been there, but just dormant. I agree with the other posters, anything different you may have done with your home, as simple as new furniture or painting a room may have captured her attention.

4. I think that eventually she may be able to see you, but right now I don't think she can. She seems to be focused on finding something, so she may not be paying attention to you at all. She's just on a different plane for you, and that makes it easier for her to be oblivious to other people.
starfalz (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
1.I do think yes it is.
2.Maybe she prefers so, or maybe you're not sensitive enough to see her.
3.Maybe the residents on your house had triggered her. Ex: renovation
4.I think she's just acting so, I always think that the rules are: they can see us, we can't do the same.

I don't think it's Maggie

Starfalz
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
Zukismom,
1. Yes
2. Time will tell, there is always a reason.
3. Had you done any renovations, excavations, exterior painting, had a baby, in this timeframe...any number of things can attract spirits.
4. Its the residual thing...she's just a tape recording playing over and over.

I do not think that this woman in Maggie.

Lou

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: