You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: The Thing Walked Through Our Living Room, What Was It?

Real Ghost Stories

The Thing Walked Through Our Living Room, What Was It?

 

This story happened many, many years ago when I was very young but the image is still clearly burnt into my memory. I've never forgotten what it looked like, and thinking back on it now this perhaps was the place where all of my paranormal experiences and belief in ghosts began.

First, let me explain a very brief history of the house. I remember being a young child and looking at the house with my parents for the first time as a realtor led us through it. I recall them saying that they were selling it for a cheaper price than all of the surrounding houses because the last owner had died in that house.

My first strange experiences began when someone started tickling me at night as I lied in my bed. I'd look around to find no one there, though sometimes in my dreams I'd have very vivid dreams of a specter-like thing with black eyes smiling and standing over me as it tickled me.

Another night I woke up to the very real sensation of a hand covering my face. I could even feel its long, skeleton-like fingers wrapping across my cheeks, but when I peered nervously into the darkness of my room I didn't really notice anything except the natural shadows of my room.

There are other things I remember that happened, but only faintly because I was so young and distracted most of the time. I won't bother with those here.

But the most haunting, chilling memory of all happened late one night. I was having a hard time sleeping, and I laid in my bed thinking about what I should do. Then I heard noises and bumps coming from the kitchen.

My bedroom connected with both the kitchen and the living room, but the door to the kitchen was always kept closed. On just the other side of it, I could hear thuds and it sounded like someone had walked up the stairs from the basement into the kitchen, and they were now doing something in there. I thought I'd even heard something brush up against or slightly move the doorknob to the door separating my room with kitchen. The door never opened though, and I hid my head underneath the blankets for a minute or so.

Eventually curiosity got the best of me though as I heard what sounded like the noises proceeding out of the kitchen and into the living room. It's important to add here that from my bedroom I could view the living room and the window that lit up the whole room due to the presence of an old-style lamp outside. Because of this, I could get a full view of the very grotesque creature that walked out of the kitchen and into the living room.

I wish I could explain it to you perfectly, but anyway I explain it couldn't give it full justice. I swear that what I saw this night is absolutely true and really happened to me. I need to know if other people have seen anything like this, or what people might think this was. It's always bothered me to this day.

What is most peculiar and most ugly about this thing that walked straight into our living room was that it was *NOT* the shape of a human. Most importantly, its legs were distorted as if they had been severely broken. It walked like a chicken, with knees the other way. It hunched over and I could see that it had long arms and long fingers that hung down. I was scared out of my mind and hid underneath the blankets, closing my eyes and praying to myself.

I've never seen it since that night, but that was many years ago and it still haunts me to this day. I can't explain what it was but I'm very curious about what I saw, maybe a demon? Anyway, thanks for reading. Comments are greatly appreciated.

Other hauntings by 22aya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 22aya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

supernoble7 (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-18)
It could be a Sigbin, and if you don't know what that is, look it up on google images.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-19)
Walter, before you create demon hysteria, you might want to look up what demons are in the bible. They are fallen angels, and as such are heavily capable of deception because they are beautiful, not big scary shadows with glowing red eyes. That's a lot of media hype that's been put out since...well, media could be hyped.

Sorry but I think some religions need to start considering the fact that there are things other than angels and demons out there.
Walter_R (1 stories) (81 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-19)
Hello Aya22,

Well if it was a demon, you would have felt the cold from it, it would be like a walking freezer. I've seen either the same demon twice or two demans and they are black figures. The one or ones I saw looked more like a human figure but a very dark black and he had on what looked like a hood over his head. The eyes are either white or red. Oh yeah and you could feel the cold coming from him, it was a freezing cold feeling. Plus the one I saw draned the lights. I have also seen lights coming out of the sky like someone was flashing a flash light, but that's another story.

Take care,

Walter 😁
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
aya22 will keep an eye out for pic and with some of the storys on here no one could call anyone crazy, it might help to be a bit crazy but its not a trait you need lol
aya22 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
taz890, I just tried attaching a photo of the drawing, so try looking for it in the future? Forgive me, I am not that great at drawing. Haha, it is so weird for me to look at that picture. I'm glad that people here don't think I'm crazy, lol 😉
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
hi aya22 again a great story 😊
You have a way of writing that helps the reader connect with the story, one way you could get your drawing on here would be to take a photo and post that.
It does sound like whitebuffalo has the right "idea" of what this thing could have been reading your story I do get the impresion of animal more than demon I personaly don't think yhere are demons but and this is a huge but if anyone else does I would never argue that point.
Thanks for sharing
Carl
stormangel (3 stories) (55 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
In Ireland the banshee is a woman, who screeches or howls before somebody dies. She can appear hag-like or beautiful but I'm pretty sure this creature isn't a banshee, havnt a clue, good story, very strange. I agree that it's just some creature from another plane and pretty harmless
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
I have read other stories that creatures have been seen that walked like chickens. I tend to agree with White Buffalo that it is probably an astral critter or strange astral being. I have been fortunate or unfortunate however you like to view it, to have seen a few strange spiritual entities myself that absolutely were not human spirits.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
The sighting of a ghost or doppleganger doesn't really frighten me. I've seen both, or what was a facsimile thereof. The sight of something that moved like that and had a snout on the other hand kind of makes me chiver. Aya,I'm native american and can't really draw a straight line myself, but I'll be interested to see your drawing.
Theif47 (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
I do not think it is a demon, maybe an alien it reminds me of the alien abduction
aya22 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
Thanks everyone for your comments, they've been very helpful! Whitebuffalo, thank you for your description of what type of creature this was. That was helpful as well! 😁

Vulcan10, I will try to draw a picture of it and sent it to you. I must warn you though, I am horrible at drawing! 😳

I forgot to answer whether this had a snout or not. I am sorry because I can't remember since this happened a long time ago, so I'd rather not guess. Yet I've been thinking about it a lot lately and I've started to gradually remember other occurrences within that house, one in particular. I want to research any stories of these kind of creatures actually interacting with kids.

Thanks, Alli
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
I don't know ava how that's done on here. Sending a drawing of it. I think my emails on my info though, you could send it there. Basements are kind of spooky in there selves and for some reason you seem to hear a lot of haunts starting there. The sighting of things not normally thought of in haunts (I.E. Yours or another with physical differences other than your atypical ghosts) are really interesting. I like reading about them.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-07)
biblefreeme, no, you did not offend me. If THAT did, lots of these other comments SHOULD have me in a rage, but no worries. Ignorance is no ones fault (ignorance is the lack of knowledge, stupidity is refusing to learn from offered knowledge), and you merely guessed. As MOST do on this forum.
No harm done at all.
Nighthingale23 (60 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-07)
WOW. Thats crazy... I don't think it might have been a demon exactly... If it were, the experiences would've been violent and occasional, since they seem to attach themselves onto a people.

It may have been some other strange creature... Lord knows what, I would've been horrified. Weird though,I've had vivid dreams of some genderless sinister thing also tickeling me even now as an adult, but its as if its touch tickels to the point of pain.

Anyways thank you for the story it was very very creepy. -God bless ❤
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-07)
whitebufalo I hope I didn't ofend you what I was trying to say was that it may have been some sort of nature spirit as you said and your culture may be familiar with it I have nothing but the greatest respect for your people though I know very little about them
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-06)
After reading this story, great one by the way, and then reading all through the comments, I must say that I've learned something new and exiting in all this and that's always a goog thing. Thanks to all! 😊 ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-06)
First, I have GOT to say that the comment that pertained to Natives is what drew me in... But I have no clue why the distinction was made.
Next, I have to say that I went to The Atlantic Paranormal Society about this one, as I had no clue as for the description OF this being. According to Al Tyas, these Astral Critters just kind of creep in. There is nothing blatantly evil ABOUT them, they are "just" animals from the Other Side. "Rarely will it directly interact or attempt to harm a person, but it certainly can be really annoying after awhile, and it soon wears out its welcome. (In the past) they were commonly seen in farms and woods, and were seen as nature spirits or even home guardians...
Anyway, how would you get rid of these creatures? The good news is that they usually leave on their own within a week. Sometimes they don't leave, and that's when some action needs to be taken to get rid of it."
As YOURS seems to have left on it's own, I would say that must be true.
Thank you for sharing.
aya22 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
vulcan10, I'm not that great at drawing but I could try. Is there any way I could post it on here after having already posting this story?
Thanks!
aya22 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
Hey everyday, thanks for reading. I'll start to answer some questions. The basement was sectioned off, not just one room. Holy cow, you guys just made me remember something I haven't thought about in LONG time (not kidding!). Anyway, in one section, we kept all of our storage. In the other section, my two brothers slept in that room. The windows were small and as I remember them they were always locked to keep my brothers from getting into mischief. The thought has crossed my mind that it could've been one of my brothers, yet the way I remember the thing is that it was too big to be my brothers and the porpotions wouldn't be right. Like I said, this thing didn't look human.

The thing, whatever it was, was walking straight across the living room. It wasn't really looking at anything, just walking. But it's legs made it walk strange, like the way a chicken walks.

I'm sorry to disappoint a couple of you, but I didn't get a good look at the color of its skin. It was very dark and it looked black, due to the lightining.

Anyway, you somehow brought back some memory of my basement that I thought I'd forgotten. I remember hearing that the back part of the storage section of our basement was haunted, but I don't remember who told me that (probably just brothers being broters). I also heard/experienced strange things and felt weird things down there. At one point, I ventured into the back part of the storage room... And it gets a little weird. I remember as as little kid that I saw something and it scared me so much I ran out of the basement as fast as my little legs could go.

Goodness, I hope it wasn't a banshee. Maybe it didn't know I saw it?

Thanks, Alli
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
sounds a little like el cubracabra. Posibly alien I don't realy do demon but who knows I'm not saying they don't exist I just don't think they have any influence over a non cristians life that's just my opinion. Ther may be somthing in the traditional native american culture that resembles this creature that might be a starting point your land is very ancient but unlike britain a lot of the ancient knowledge has been kept within the tribes and not readily available I think if you discribed this to an elder or medicine man they may know. I apologise to any native americans reading this if I have been incorect in my statements I know nothing of your culture only that we should have listend and realised you knew far more than the white man
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
I know this will sound ridiculous, but it sounds like one of the dress up creatures on the movie The Village.

Are you certain there was no way someone could get into the home through a back, side, or basement door?

I am certain whatever it was, it was terrifying!

Thanks for taking the time to share with us!

God Bless!
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
Interesting. You say it came from the basement. Think back on it and describe the layout of your basement. Was there and outside entrance to the basement? Was the basement one room or was it sectioned out? Approx. How big was the basement too if only a square shape, and were the windows covered with bars or wire that would keep a mortal intruder out? Also, did the door from the basement to the kitchen usually remain locked. And you said that you had trouble falling asleep and this was late at night, I take it that you had not been asleep at anytime up to that point? Approx. How tall was this creature and what did it appear to be doing? "I.E> looking for something specific, or checking out the items in the living room with curiousity like it had never seen them before, and could it see equally as good or appear to anyway, in the lighted part of the living room as well as the darkened areas that weren't lit? I'm just trying to picture this in my mind. It's an interesting event though. If you have an artistic ability, draw or paint it, or sculped it.
KittyKat99 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
It could be a banshee. Banshees have snouts, long fingers and arms, and brownish skin. Careful: I've heard that banshees eat little kids and kill anyone who sees them. Try asking a priest or religious leader to bless you. Nicole ❤
lolly115 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
Ooh! I think I know what your talking about. Does it have like beige, or brownish skin? Did it kind of have a snout? 😲
KittyKat99 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
I'm not sure WHAT that is, but it could be a demon? I'm not sure. 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: