You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Old Lady In The Hallway

Real Ghost Stories

Old Lady In The Hallway

 

This is my first story and I'm not sure how I should start out, but I'm going to do my best. I can sense ghosts and a lot have come to me over the years.

One day about five years ago my parents got a call saying my great grandmother had passed away. Ever since then when I walk in my room and see the picture of us together I freak out, I don't know if it's just because she isn't here anymore or what. I just get an eerie feeling.

One day me and my cousin were at our grandparent's house and we were sitting on the stairs playing a game called "Mysteries." It was a game we made a long time ago when we were kids, we would look for stuff that scared us just for the heck of it. While we were listening down into the basement, (the stairs were right on top of the basement), I saw a piece of hair fall down. When I looked up the stairs into the hallway I saw an old lady that looked like my great grandmother, she had the same white curly hair and the same white dress that we had buried her in. I was so scared I didn't know what to do, so I just decided to look down at the carpet. A few seconds later I looked back up and she was gone. I didn't know what to do or who to tell, my grandparents don't believe me, but my mom does.

Could it have been my great-grandmother? What was she trying to tell me? I need help, and I don't know what to do.

Other hauntings by Chica22

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chica22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

YoungGhostStorySharers410 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-08)
that will be true...
Yeah...alot true... That will be your grandmother chica22
Chica22 (15 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
whitebuffalo; That makes sense, I never thought about that.:) That is probably right though. 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-29)
What was she...?
Honey, she was playing Mysteries with you both. How cool is that?
No message, no meaning, no hidden agenda. She was just enjoying a friendly game with her family.
Thank you.
Chica22 (15 stories) (44 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-25)
SoliK: Thank you, that's what I was thinking also...:)

Jazzeyjay: Thank you...
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Chica22: It just sounds like your great grandmother just wanted to check in on you and family and make sure you all were alright. It doesn't mean that she was trying to tell you something other than she's in a much better place and is happy. Why wouldn't she be. When our loved ones pass away, they move on to another much higher plane. They are happy and want the ones they left behind to be happy too. They don't want us to be back here moping around, grieving, self destructing and bickering among family. They want us to be fine and happy. They come back to check in on us. Stop freaking out as you call it, you know she wouldn't hurt you in anyway and the last thing they want to do is scare their loved ones. Honey, she just wants to see you, that's all!
SoliK (13 stories) (44 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
It might have been her saying goodbye before "crossing over." If you haven't seen her since that means she is at peace... While I'm sure it was shocking to see her, I would see it more as a blessing... And be happy that she chose you for that final farewell.
Chica22 (15 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Thank you ParaTam and jzinck, I would love to be able to talk to her but I haven't seen her since. Maybe she was just looking to see if we were all Ok, and then decided it was time to pass over.
jzinck (4 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
I think you should try to taslk to her too. Let her know as much as she wants to be here. She would be much more happier and at peace if she crossed over. Let her know what you seen scared her and you appreciate it if she would not do it again. Let her know though no matter what she will be in your heart forever
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Chica22 -
Thanks for your story. It sounds like your grandma is just letting you know she is watching over your family - nothing to worry about. Try to talk with her. She may have enough energy to communicate with you.

You may be the most spiritually sensitive in your family, and that may be why she showed herself to you. Then again, if you mention her visit to other family members, you may find they have seen her as well.

Blessings!
ParaTam

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: