You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Recently Deceased

Real Ghost Stories

The Recently Deceased

 

Back in 1999 I was living in San Antonio. One day, as I drove into my apartment complex, an ambulance was leaving my parking lot in a hurry. There was a crowd of neighbours gathered around a tree talking. I saw my wife and son in the crowd and they greeted me as I walked toward my apartment. I asked her what had happened. She told me that our young neighbour boy had stopped breathing. It was sad because he was only about 9 years old. His mother was single and raising two boys that were a few years apart. The 9 year old was the young one.

The mother was working long hours and had taken a nap while the older kid played outside and the younger stayed in watching TV. She had woken up and found the boy dead on the floor of the living room. Their mother ran over to our apartment and asked for help. My wife called 911 and they waited with her until the paramedics showed up. They tried to revive him, but were not able to. They continued to work on him as they drove away in the ambulance.

The neighbours in my building gathered upstairs and were waiting to hear if he was going to be okay. I stood in our kitchen looking out into the breezeway. From where I stood I could see both my front door and part of the neighbour's front door. As I stared out the window, I saw the older brother and a man walk up the stairs. I knew that they were there to deliver the news. I stayed looking out to see if my wife was going to be coming back downstairs when the 9 year old boy walked around the corner into the breezeway. He had the usual skip in his step and a smile on his face. I looked right at him and could not take my eyes off of his face. He was holding the hand of a man in a dark suit. I did not even think to look up at the man's face. My brain was trying to get a handle on the situation. For a minute I told myself that he was okay.

The two of them walked toward his apartment and disappeared. I didn't hear the heavy metal door slam as it usually did. They seemed to just keep walking. Next, I thought, I could be seeing the older brother. They looked enough alike. I could be mistaken. But then, here comes the older brother down the stairs with a man in a green shirt and shorts. They walked straight to the parking lot, got in a car and drove away. Now, I was certain that it was the younger boy. What I didn't know for sure was if he was okay or not. About a minute later, a young neighbour girl runs down the stairs crying and tells the people standing around that the boy had died. That was it. I saw his ghost. If only I would have looked at the man in the suit. I could have seen an angel or something. I guess it felt a little comforting that I had seen him looking so happy. I wanted to tell his mother, but my wife said that it wasn't the time for my ghost stories.

The next day, my wife told me that the mother had been by to see her. Her son had suffered an aneurysm and had been dead for a while before she found him. The mother said that when she had gone to the school to tell the kids that her son wasn't going to be there anymore, two of his friends said that they had talked to him that morning before the bell rang. He told them that he was moving away and they all said goodbye.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CrypticTexas, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

leenieweenie (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-03)
Thank you Zorforler I get really annoyed by her (!) loolss 😠
Zorforler (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-05)
have you seen the boy latly? And who is the man? Oh and this is for Leenieweeinie, I feel bad for you having a little sister.
leenieweenie (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-05)
*sorry I mean... Hehe sorry I'm like really bad at spelling...
leenieweenie (9 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-12-05)
Nah I'm sooooooo sorri that was my stupid little sister who logged on to my account and she is soooooooo annoying! I'm so scary I hope this doesn't stirr anything up! 😁 😁 😁
leenieweenie (9 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2010-12-05)
Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies Lies!
bigdreams10 (2 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
Wow man this like really shocks me but I have a gift where I'm able to see spirits but I'm still kind of getting use to it!
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
Hi CrypticTexas, this was the most amazing story, but sad though. I don't know what I will do if I was in the mothers' shoes... My heart goes out to her, it must be the most heart breaking thing to lose a child. I'm just glad you saw him smiling and that he is happy with the one who came to fetch him. There are so many things we as humans don't know, and it will always be a puzzle in our mind, wondering who was the man and why did he die at such young age? Shame it's sad.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
I hadn't eaten yet and my blood sugar was low. (diabetic) I almost resorted to cannabalism.
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Poor boy, and his poor family. To lose a child so young and so abruptly must have been horrific, something they'll never get over. How nice that you saw him happily crossing over, I agree with cosmo that the man you saw with him may have been a relative who had come to help him. The main thing I suppose is that he is at peace now.

Vulcan you went a bit crazy with the questions there, how would the poster know the answers to those? It's nice that the boy went to his friends to say goodbye to them.
CrypticTexas (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
Sorry. Those are questions for someone else Vulcan10. I only know what I saw.
He wasn't floating on air, I couldn't see through him, he didn't glow or anything weird. He was just there when he shouldn't have been there. I didn't see him pass through a wall, but he and his escort walked out of my sight line to a locked door.
I have had other experiences with ghosts and they have either been completely invisible or completely visible. I would like to see a real Hollywood style of ghost sometime though. I think it would be really scary.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
How reliable was the two students who saw him. In other words could they have been lying? And how close to him were they. Aquaintances, talking friends, hanging out while at school friends, or friends that came over all the time and you shared your deepest secrets with friends? Also, how did he arrive to them, did he just walk up and they suddenly noticed him, did they see him walk up with some one else? How did he depart? With someone, on his own, and when he left did he have to step around other kids or did the other kids notice him or look in his direction, or were there any other kids around and if so who were they and were they questioned about this sighting? How long did they continue to watch him as he left. If it had of been a close friend of mine and I was that age I would have walked him home, or the very least made him give me more details about this sudden move, bunches of them, and if he was evasive I would have followed him around bugging him until he told me. Do you know any of this information about this last sighting and was the two boys that saw him together when they did or seperate?
CrypticTexas (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
I never got a chance to tell his mother. I never actually met her because of my schedule. She was more of an acquaintance of my wife. I had only met the youngest boy a few weeks before that because he was feeding our kitten while we were out of town one weekend. For the short time that I knew him, he would come over and play with my son. His mom and brother moved away to be with family immediately after the tragedy. I never saw them again.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
That is so sad what happened to that little boy. It seems that from what you and the children at his school experienced that he is happy and knows he is moving on. I am thinking maybe the man in the suit was one of his deceased relatives that came to help him pass over.
Pattydole70 (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
What a beautiful experience. Did you ever tell his mother what you saw?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: