You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: A Being Is Haunting My Twin Sister?

Real Ghost Stories

A Being Is Haunting My Twin Sister?

 

I'm not quite sure how to start this but here's what I have to say. My twin sister and I live in this really old house that our uncle gave to our mother and father when he passed away. We don't know how old the house is, but here's the basic layout. Mine and my sister's room is on the second floor, while our mother and father sleep on the first floor a few doors away from the kitchen. Most of the things that happen here tend to happen around our room and on my sister's half of the room.

My sister and I are both share the same room, being twins we have shared the same room all our lives. Sometimes at night she would wake up and ask if I was walking around her side of the room, I would say no and tell her to go back to sleep. That's what happened almost every night since we moved into this house. My sister would wake up, complain about foot steps, and go back to sleep.

This is the part that scares me though, a little over a week ago I started waking up to my sister's whimpering. When I wake up, I always see some black shadow hovering over her on her side of the bed (we share the same bed but we sleep about two to three feet away from one another) when I go to turn the lights on, it's gone but when I turn the lights off it's there again and it feels like it's looking at me. You know the feeling you get when someone stares at you for a while? It feels like that, but sort of darker. Like you know it's glaring at you.

My sister would always wake up in the morning and ask if it was me who kept touching her head in her sleep. I would tell her no, and she would just shrug it off. The worst part about this though is that she would wake up with scratch marks up and down her arms. Like you get when a cat scratches you, but more red.

I'm worried for her, because she keeps waking up hurt and it's starting to scare her. She's also acting different than she normally would, she isn't eating very much and she always spaces out. If anyone could tell me what might be going on I would deeply appreciate it. Any advice would help on how to get this thing to leave my little sister alone.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by DaisukiHaru

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DaisukiHaru, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

scaredycat5 (5 posts)
-3
8 years ago (2016-01-24)
its easy right in front of you she is being spiritually tormented by the devil I know your Atheist but some Atheists have to turn to the lord for help PS I'm not judging or hating on you because your Atheist and I'm christian just a few simple prayer's will help and we all have our own beliefs that's my advice
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-06-18)
That's scary. It seems you are in a Paranormal Activity movies. I think it's a demon trying to possess your twin sister.
waterfalls123 (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-28)
There is indeed something attached or attracted to your sister and it is most likely an evil ghost or demon. If the scratches came in threes it is evil. There may be something special about her that its attracted to, like she might remind it of an enemy. I would contact a professional to analyze the other occurrences. Hope this helped and if you have any other questions just ask.
MusicalJess23 (4 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-17)
Sometimes things like this happen.
It is my personal belief that something crossed your sisters path in that house or neighborhood, and attached itself to her. It may be she looks like someone they new in their life, and it simply selected her rather than you because of her energy maybe, or this entity of sorts that has attached itself to her maybe feeding off of her energy. Regardless, I would look in to the history of the house and surrounding neighbor hood and see if maybe anyone around there died and had any family that looks like your sister, if that is the case, it may be a spirit that is trying to get attention. If not, which is what I am leaning towards because of the feeling you got when you saw it, I would say you may be dealing with something darker and you need to force it out of your house.
Let it know that it can not feed off of either of you and that it no longer has a place in this world nor is it welcome in your house. You should find a professional and discuss this with someone closer to home. You would be surprised at how many people, though it might not seem like they do, believe in the paranormal and would want to possibly help you.
Are you still having these issues?
Or have they been resolved?
mohammad (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-21)
hi! Hey, have you tried switching your beds, or switching your sister's place with your parents or send your sister to a friend's house for a sleep over, try it, mabye the problems are because of her stay at her current room, it would help a lot as information if this is the cause...:]
mohammad (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-21)
hi! Everyone, I am new here, and I read your story and I feel really sorry for you, here is a few things you can try: 1 - try to put a recorder beside your sister's bed to record that... Whatever it is...voice, it might tell you what he wants, normally mp3 recorders and mobile recorders can get massages in different frequenceys that our ear can't hear. 2-try to find some holy water and put it beside your sisters bed. 3- see if your sister can sleep with the lights on. Oh, and please ask your sister if she dreams about a black cat or something, because that's what other people that have had these problems seen in their dream...okay...thats it for now... I will pray for that thing to leave you... 😊 😊 😊
karen_Ghostfighter (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-19)
Hi. My name is Karen and I am a researcher for Sirens Media. Sirens is a production company that produces programing for major networks such as Bravo, TLC and Discovery. I am searching for stories for a paranormal show that is scheduled to be launched in the fall. I read your story and I am interested in talking to you. Can you please email me so that I can explain more to you? Ksdmedia [at] gmail.com.

Thank you.
Karen
Chrsw72 (22 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
Get a Catholic Priest in their PRONTO! Good luck!
Peace be with you!
YureiGuy101 (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2012-03-08)
i wonder if its a sort of demon, it sounds like it, its black and it gives tha bad feelings, your sister wakes up scratched and hurt, sounds like a demon to me
michelle18 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-25)
why don't you look up the history of the house maybe that will give you the answer to why it is haunting your sister
Lenard (1 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
hm I am going to be short.
I am 18 back then I was probably 6 I stepped on a grave and my instinct told me this is going to cost me a lot soooo yea it did. So my question is who can I talk to that can tell me if there is really a ghost ccontroling events or if its a curs so I would just know for sure what it is then I'll try to remove it, I don't know how but htere must be a way?! Ohh yea and there was a black shadow lurking I'm my room (just once) after that:) very nice huh! And I thought these things are fun...
alkali120 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
I think it's not...

DaisukiHaru- Does these things still happens?
If yes, then have some protective charms or something that you thing might protect your sister there might be a possibility that thing might posses your twin if she continues to sober or the things you have mentioned weird... That thing might be one of the Malevolent Spirits...

This comment from ldschick87 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
In my opinion, you really need to cleanse the house and keep a closer eye on your sister. If you haven't spoken to your parents about this, you need too. Since you have another witness (the maid) they are even more likely to believe you. Talk to your family about your sister becoming withdrawn, about her broken arm and everything you are worried about. They have probably noticed and if not its great for you to inform them.

Have a religious leader come in and cleanse the house (if you have a religion that is) others have suggested to cleanse the house with sage, that works too. Another suggestion is find a reputable medium to check out what's going on in the house, but do not discuss it inside the house as the entity might hear you and get angry. Good luck!
DaisukiHaru (4 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
Shamby, yes actuly she does get frequent headaches but she always takes Advil for it. I never really thought of that but now that I think about it, that might be why it touches her head in her sleep.
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
It seems as though things are starting to escalate. So the maid actually saw her get pushed? I would start asking the maid some questions. In one of the comments you mentioned hearing piano music while your sister was playing violin and now you say she is spending more time than usual in the piano room? It sounds like the whole music thing is a ploy to get her to trust the entity, that's what I thought anyway.

Has your sister been getting frequent headaches/migraines? The reason I ask is I shared this story with a friend of mine and she thinks that the touching of her head at night means that it wants into her mind. Now, she thought this theory would be more accurate if your sister was suffering from headaches. It's a thought and I wanted to share it because my friend is not a member of the site.

Best of luck and keep us posted!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
Mate,I know your concerned for your sister, but especially after your last comment, I think you really need to consider what I'm saying... You were concerned about how she fell down the stairs thought someone may have pushed her Right, checked with one maid...tick, another person said no... But yet your sister said from the outset she just fell down, going back over your story your sister has seen nothing only heard footsteps walking around her room, but you saw something floating over her body and told her right and if you are only searching here for the answers you want, then I'm afraid your sister is going to end up a nervous wreck, hun your not helping your sister by suggesting somethings is after her, please don't take offense to what I'm saying just think about what I said and you might want to get your sister to cut her finger nails as low as she can.

Good luck.
DaisukiHaru (4 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
Sorry I haven't been on for a day, my sister broke her arm so I've been helping her and with school work it's hard to find time to write just about anything. Also, since she broke her arm I'm worried about how it may have happened. She said she fell down the stairs, but one of the maids here at the house said that she thought my sister was pushed. The fact that someone else saw it make's me feel better though.
Shamby, to answer your question no she hasn't been spending unusual amounts of time in the bedroom but she has been spending more time in the piano room if that means anything. As for her ex and the ouija I'm not sure. It was he that dumped her so I don't think this could have happened from something he did. My sister handles breakups rather well.
Javelina, yes I am Japanese by birth. Our mother and father thought it would be well to know more than one language so my sister and I chose the english language.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
I know what I'm about to say is easy said, but very important I believe in helping you get through these experiences as best you can, do not let them get under your skin, what ever is fueling these experiences will continue to grow stronger on the back of you own fears in relation to it... I am a little concerned that your sister is becoming a little withdrawn... Have you discussed this with your parents, you may be surprised, just how much they might know and offer in sorting this out... The mind is a very powerful tool and if there is something spiritual on the side of malice it will use your mind against you... Even to a point of Self harm such as scratches... It may just be a resident ghost who is in your room... As some spirits intend to come through in certain rooms... Sleep with the light on for a while if need be... Stay positive and shut out negative feelings of any sort, basically try ignoring it and see what happens... Be strong for your sister, don't show fear yourself she will feel safe knowing your her rock.

Daz.
yamazaki (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
That's frightening, and I'm worried about your sister too. I really hope it stops soon. Did your uncle have any problems before he passed away? Perhaps it's connected to him, and for some reason targeted your sister.
I haven't had much experience with this stuff myself, but, and I know you said you're Atheist, but have you tried going to the local shrine? Maybe why spirits and the like react more strongly to Christian prays, etc., could be the power it has culturally, and asking the priest for help - an ofuda, omamori or just advice - could have an effect on the spirit? Our priest was always very friendly, approachable and knew a lot about this sort of stuff, so hopefully yours can help.
It's a spiritual matter, so I suppose people who have spiritual knowledge might be able to offer some help? I really hope your sister, yourself and the family will be okay.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+5
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
Lola: The posters on this site come from many different back-grounds and religious beliefs... What looks like a "demon" to one, may look like a sad spirit to another...It's always best to look at all possibilities when dealing with the paranormal...

This comment from lola is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
DH, Your command of the english laguage is more than impressive, it's as if it were your first language. So, are you Japanese by birth? Or are you something else? American, English, Australian? This could mean something sicnificant or nothing at all. But it does strike me that your English is no hindrance when speaking here, so please enlighten me, which is it? 😕
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
I was thinking about this story today and came up with some other questions to ask you. Has your sister been spending unusual amounts of time in the bedroom? Has she been withdrawing from people/friends/family? The reason I ask is that these can be signs of possession. This entity does not sound very nice and the obvious changes in your sisters behavior (not eating much, acting different) seem to be affected by the entity. Nice entities do not hurt or scare people.

Also, further explore the connection with your sister's ex and the ouija. Something could have been connected to her accidentally through him. Also if there is anger/jealousy left over from the breakup that could be a contributing factor.

Another thing to further investigate is your sister's communication with the being. See if it has evolved to more than just one knock for yes two for no.

Your story has really stuck with me since I read it the other day, and I hope things start to improve for you and your family. Best of luck.
ZiShu (281 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
Hello there
I can only say that something about your sister attracted this demon. Does she have scratches on her that have 3 lines? She may also have bruises as well. These also occur with nightmares of being attacked or chase by something. As others suggest, you can use salt or sea salt. Put it around the bed. Burning sage may help or it may anger the demon. Placing holy water around the bed may help as well. I suggest that she should not try interacting with the demon as much. It will only increase the harm against her. The demon is trying to weaken and possess her. I have dealt with many demons or shadow beings like that. The same situations use to happen to me. I would like to help you further, if none of the methods work, please contact me through email. I may need more information about the situation. I have gotten rid of these shadow demons many times from others besides just myself. If this demon has been attached to your sister for a long enough time, little items will not help keep it away since the bond is stronger.
bandet888 (86 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
Strange this thing is bothering her more than you (even though it stared at you that one time it was above her) You two are twins and sleep close together. Strange this thing is restricted on her side of the room. Maybe try to get the room blessed or checked out by a psychic? Only logical explanation I have (if there is one) is maybe you were sleepwalking on her side of the room but when she woke you up you were back in bed and maybe you're taping her on the head in your sleep (of course I don't know if you were sleeping at the time she claims these things are going on) Plus it doesn't explain the dark figure you saw unless it's some kind of shadow. This probably can't be debunked. I hope you can get help. Good luck!
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
Could have fooled me! I thought Kadan was a female name! My mistake. Shows how much I know:)

Anyway, if her ex was into Ouija then he could have accidentally called on something not-so nice that decided to follow her. Also, I doubt your parents would think you're crazy if you told them something was bothering your sister, especially since you have both been seeing it. See if she can figure out what it wants, or who it is maybe? It's terrible to live in a house you love and be afraid
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+5
13 years ago (2011-02-14)
DH: Well, I can understand what you mean by being afraid for your sister, but the "fear" I'm talking about goes beyond that... I mean: paralyzing, hair raising, teeth chattering, loss of bodily function FEAR...

Also, I know quite a few Japanese, and in my experience with them, they are a very spiritual people... Even if they don't hold any particular religious beliefs, the spirit world seems ingrained in their basic up-bringing...So, I think if you were to talk to your parents, you'd be surprized... I don't understand why you think they'd kick you to the curb for saying you saw a ghost...
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-02-14)
Ghosts do not prove God any more than stories prove dragons and griffins are real.

I'd have to say if you're an atheist, using Holy Water or any deity's name most likely wouldn't do a whole lot for the situation. You have to believe in whatever you decide to use. You can't hope it works, you have to know it will. I see this as a battle of wills. Twins have an uncanny bond no one else really understands. So use your combined will power to overcome this... Thing.
Angeld (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-14)
I'd like to comment and I don't mean to offend, when I say I would pray. Whatever religion doesn't matter. I say this because I have two older brothers three years apart. They shared a bedroom their entire lives.

My oldest brother would have terrible terrible like... Nightmares but so much worse. I would always hide under my blanket when I heard him scream.

My other brother told me as we grew older that a few times whatever was around my oldest brother would be trying to get to him, he would go into a cold sweat and wouldn't be able to open his mouth but he'd pray in his sleep.

Then one night he had dream that the thing that was around my older brother, could no longer touch him.

So I would pray before you go to sleep every night. It doesn't matter what you believe in, Jesus, Allah, Mother Mary, etc. I'd do it.

Remember, people can believe in ghosts but not god? Its foolish, because isn't it ying and yang? If the bad exists doesn't the good?

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: