You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Demons In My Home

Real Ghost Stories

Demons In My Home

 

My haunting began when I had just purchased my trailer in TowerManor. This was the year I had gotten a promotion from my job at Disneyworld, which was October 5,1999. And I had also just got married to my beautiful wife Donna. It was the best year of my life. My wife was making me go buy decorations for our new home. I bought some fake flowers, wreaths, etc. And as soon as we got home, we hung them up.

Here is when things got a little creepy. On my way home from work it began to storm really bad and the rain was big hard droplets.

So I really couldn't see where I was going. And all of a sudden, this black mass runs right in front of my pickup and I hit it. I got out of the car and saw it was a pit bull. Well he had no tags and I and my wife love dogs, so I decided to take him home. The good thing was he didn't get hurt except a little part of his tail came off. My wife loved the dog and we decided to name him Skeeter.

It was around 4:00 AM and we were all sleeping, and I had woken up to get a glass of water. I had heard things drop and scared me to death. I called my wife but she was sleeping. I looked for the dog and he was whining and crying so I thought he did it and brushed what had happened away.

The next night I put my dog outside. It was probably 2:00 in the morning and I heard some objects dropping. So I got up and looked for intruders but when I turned on the lights, our house was a mess. There was nobody in our house besides my wife and I.

This had been going on for about a month and I was becoming spooked about this. So I got my best friend Dale, who says he has psychic abilities to check out my trailer. He walked in my home and ran back out. He said something aint right in our home.

After our friend had visited, our home became ice cold. But it was warm outside. We didn't have air conditioning.

I was watching tv and the channels began running and I wasn't pressing any buttons, and all of a sudden this big black mass which was shaped like a human blocked my view from the tv and broke my television set. I asked my wife if she encountered anything strange while I was at work and she said no.

The next day while I was at work, my wife called me and said she wasn't going to stay in our trailer anymore. She said she saw mist inside our house and voices coming from the guest bedroom. I said that's it and we moved into my mom's house. We sold our trailer. And now our new dog was happier than ever.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, letmehaveapassword, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
Oh and Rook, the O/P titled his story "Demons in my home" so I was going on his assumption that it was a demon. 😊
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
Rook, in the second to last paragraph the O/P states that this black mass blocked his view of the tv and then broke it. I wanted to know how the demon did it. Was it knocked over, did it short out, or did it blow up? However it's been a while since I posted that comment and have since lost interest. LOL 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
redphx,
Your statement:
"And I highly doubt anyone was looking for that dog. People in my neighborhood put up missing signs. Even if the OP didn't look for the owners, the owners didn't look for their dog."
Now, from reading this statement, some of us might come to the conclusion that you were actually there at the time this all took place and therefore you would know what actually occurred. OR, perhaps you had been in contact with the OP outside of this forum and you feel close enough to the situation to answer for them, as it seemed they could or would not do so on their own. But I ask you, would you feel the same if it were your cat that had gone missing?
I do have one problem with your statement though, and it has me puzzled. If it's true, that people in your neighborhood put up missing signs, wouldn't that mean they aren't really missing? 😕
" Our stupid motorist law is for the idiots who drive their cars into flooded streets." Exactly! Thank you for driving the point home.

PS~~
It's the people who continue to drive in unsafe conditions that have the rest of us pulling off the road.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
Javelina,

What is your definition of our monsoon season? We don't get them anymore - or haven't you noticed. We get dust.

This OP had every right to be on the road. Our stupid motorist law is for the idiots who drive their cars into flooded streets. When they literally drive into a river thinking they can cross it and then they have to get rescued. Not when it is raining. Everyone drives when it rains and I am sure that the OP could see but not clearly. I drive when it rains and even if it sprinkles one can't see everything. And I highly doubt anyone was looking for that dog. People in my neighborhood put up missing signs. Even if the OP didn't look for the owners, the owners didn't look for their dog.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
jessiofOZ, bluiis97:

So you folks find it believable that something paranormal scared the O/P out of their first home together, but think it wrong of someone to ask if they tried to locate a runaway dogs owner? I was stationed in Pensacola for a couple of schools, I know how sudden and extremely hard those afternoon / evening storms can be... I also know how badly animals can be scared by them... If a family who didn't expect the storm had left the dog in the yard... Then the storm came it's quite likely it ran away out of fear... While the dog seems to have found a good home what about the original owners feelings.

As to the events in this story... Some of them sound like it may have been a poltergeist... But I do have some other questions...

As far as the TV is concerned... Was there a smell that accompanied the 'dark human shaped mist'? If so what did it smell like.

You stated your wife heard voices in your guest room and saw a mist outside your home... Did she give you details about either of them?

I ask because this being your first 'home' much less a trailer... She may have heard some voices from outside... As far as the mist goes... Again being familiar with Florida summers and some of the bugs that swarm during that time... How close to water were you guys? I remember the nats in large enough swarms that it looked like a misty cloud...

Another question... Why O why would you buy a trailer in Florida... In the summer... That has no air conditioning? Just wondering?

Please keep us updated and if possible provide more details, the more details the better able to determine if this indeed was something Paranormal or just misinterpreted normal events.

Cosmogal,

How on earth did you jump directly to it being a demon that broke the O/P's tv?

Respectfully,

Rook
bluiis97 (14 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
i agree with jessiof0Z. Javelina those are really questions you shouldnt ask. I know you moved out of the trailer already but do you think you can get another physic and see his/her opinion. Be safe and I wish you best of luck finding a new home
jessiofOZ (1 stories) (5 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
Um... Javelina, your questions are completely irrelevant and are none of your business.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
I have a question and advice for you, both are off topic but I feel both are important.
First the question; Did you try to find Skeeters owner at all? I'm a lifelong dog owner and it would break my heart if my dog just disapeared one dark and stormy night, never to be seen again. Did you put an announcement in your local paper for "lost and found pets"? Or check with your local Humane Society? Does the state of Florida have the dog ID chip program where they get a tiny chip implanted in the skin of their ear that can be scanned for ID purposes, or does he maybe have what may look like a small numbered tattoo on the inside of the skin of his ear? Lot's of silly questions to some, but to those of us who see our pets as members of the family it's fair to ask.
Now the advice. Like it or not, you were driving in conditions you had no right to be driving in. Where I live we have what we locals call Monsoon season every summer. During this time of year we are more prone to the kind of showers that come down so hard it's nearly impossible to navigate in. When this happens we pull off the road and wait it out. Why? Because WE CAN'T SEE! You're lucky that dog and you didn't get killed that night, not to mention any other innocent bystanders. That poor animal probably didn't even know it was in the road when you came upon it.
Sorry for the lecture but these two subjects are things I feel strongly about.
😐 😠 😢

PS~~ In Arizona we have what we call the 'Stupid Motorist Law', which basically means if you're too stupid to get off the road and continue driving when conditions make it impossible to safely do so, and have to be rescued by emergency personel, you get fined up the wazoo and may face jail time too.
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
First of all, kudos for opening your home to Skeeter the pit bull. They are actually very loving dogs, but that's not what this story is about. XD
It sounds as though it might have been just a few spirits, it isn't uncommon for channels to flip through when they are around you TV set. As "mike1999" said, at least it wasn't a demon, as they do like to follow people. Perhaps it just wanted your attention is all.
-Hayz
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
I just have one question. How did the demon break your television set? 😕
mike1999 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
At least it was not a demon if it was it would have follow you ever were

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: