You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Grandpa Visited

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa Visited

 

I got permission from my friend to write this story as it is related to her son. Also, everyone's name has been changed to protect them.

About one week back (Saturday, May 28, 2011) I went over to my friend, Anna's house with our other friend, Mary and her fiancé, Matt. Like me, my friends are interested in other cultures and practices. There is a Hindu temple that was built in Toronto, Ontario and close to Brampton, Ontario. When it was built, it was a huge spectacle. Canada's Prime Minister Stephan Harper was on hand to open it. Here is the website if anyone is interested in learning about it. If nothing else, it is a pretty interesting read. The site is: http://www.pajamadeen.com/world-news/canada/hindu-temple-an-architectural-wonder-in-toronto.

Now, back to the story. My two friends and I went to my friend, Anna's house to pick her up so we could go to the temple. Anna's husband was called into work and her father in law was taking a shower, so they didn't come with us. It was Matt, Mary, Anna, Anna's son, Ron, and myself that went to the temple in Matt's car. While Mary, Matt, and I were waiting for Anna to get ready, I noticed that Ron was staring at one spot in the room and giggling while having his arm stretched out as if he was waiting for someone to pick him up from his car seat. Ron is normally a happy child (Anna would tell me how many times he would sleep though the night without waking her or David (husband) up.) But I found this really unusual so I pointed this out to Mary and Matt. Mary said that whenever she comes over to Anna's house she didn't notice this behaviour until about two week prior to our visit. We asked Anna about this and she said that she also notice Ron giggling and playing with someone that she or her husband couldn't see and sometimes even staring at one spot in space and again it happened about two weeks prior to that particular visit.

By this time Anna was ready and we prepared to leave. At this time, I also like to mention that Matt was the one who picked up the car seat Ron was in and Matt mentioned that he felt a deep bone chill for about two seconds before he shook it off. At that time we didn't think anything of it because we were excited about going to the temple, so we left. The trip was great and we enjoyed ourselves.

Now the trip back. Since Mary and I lived about two minutes apart we decided to drop Anna and Ron back home first but we made a pit shop at my house to show my parents Ron since they haven't seen him since he was born. Then I accompanied them to Anna's house again. Since Matt needed to use the bathroom, we all went into the house. As we entered the house, Ron started to giggle and play around with something that the adults couldn't see. Anna and Mary went into the kitchen to get some drinks and Matt went to the bathroom. I was in the living room trying to catch Ron's attention. At this point let me remind you that Ron is not even one year old yet. We will be having his birthday party this Saturday (June 4). He still learning how to say words and many of his words are mashed together. Some of the words he could clearly say are mama (mother), papa (father), tita (aunt), tito (uncle), lola (grandma (Anna's mom)), and lolo (grandpa (David's dad)). These are some of the popular words among other things. Also, I forgot to mention that Anna is Filipino and David is Columbian.

While still getting Ron's attention, he said Lolo. By this time, I knew the Lolo meant grandpa so I looked up thinking that David's father was in the house. But the thing is David's father wasn't anywhere in house. Earlier, he was taking a shower to take a lady friend out and he wasn't back yet. I thought that it was weird and even asked Anna if her father in law came back and she said no. So, I told her how Ron said Lolo. Anna's explanation was that Ron might have said it accidently. Anna had finished making lemonade so I was about to go into the kitchen to meet my friends with Ron on my hips when he said Lolo again but this time he said, Dante Lolo.

I carried Ron into the kitchen and to ask what her father in law's name was. As I walked into the kitchen, I felt the same chill as Matt for a second and I actually shivered. Mary asked me what's wrong and I told her that I felt chilled for a second. Anna said that it probably the fan that was circulating in the kitchen. I know the breeze from the fan and it wasn't the fan. I started to get the feeling that something else was going on but I didn't mention it to Anna because she scares easily, especially after Ron arrived.

I ended up scaring her anyways when I asked her about the name. I asked her what her father - in - law's name was and she answered with a different name other than Dante. So I asked her who Dante Lolo. Both Anna and Mary went pale before Mary answered. Dante was Anna's father. Let me tell you a little about Anna. She is the last born and only girl in the family. She has seven older brothers. She lived with 3 brothers and their respective wives, children, and her mother until she got married and moved into her own place. Her father died when she was 12 years old. Mary and Anna had been child hood friends so Mary knew Anna's father. I, on the other hand, met Anna in college and then met Mary though her, so I didn't know her father; I only saw pictures of him and only heard his name once or twice but forgotten about it when Ron called his name.

So, when I told them that Ron was saying Dante Lolo, they were shocked. My friend ended up get the father from the church she and her husband go to, to come and bless the house. I don't know if her father is still there or if the blessing was successful since Anna is really scared to talk about it. But Mary and I have talked about it and I can understand why she is scared. Apparently, Anna and her father were really close as she was his only girl and she took it the hardest when he died of a heart attack. To think all this time that her father was at peace and then to have him come back would scare anybody. Also, Mary and I agreed that we wouldn't tell Anna's mother about the incident out of concern for her health. Anna's mother has been ill recently and she is recovering nicely as late and we don't want to do anything to damage that.

Mary mentioned that when just before Anna's father died, he told everyone that although he loved everyone and he loved Anna the most and that he will take care of her always. I personally think that her father came back to check out his new grandson and look over his daughter.

Other hauntings by geetha50

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, geetha50, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AUSTRIA (4 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
I loved your story. There are relatives who love their family a lot and don't leave them even after they die. My grandmother has told me that her grandmother loved her a lot so she didn't leave even after she died. Grandma says that her grandmother's spirit came to her room at night and put grandma's head on her lap and sang a lullaby until she fell asleep. She says that this continued until the time she married grandpa and moved out of the house. ❤ 😁 ❤
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-16)
Thank you geetha, I can see why you posted on my story. You can understand why I feel compelled to post on yours?
Children see so much more than we do; I hope your friend will come to see this as a blessing. Grandpa surely did come to entertain his grand-son. ❤
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
Although the paranormal can be scary, even for the seasoned people, it can take longer for people like my friend. I guess people are set in their ways.
luce (2 stories) (44 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
Sweet story geetha:) There's something about little kids and spirits. I do hope Anna comes around.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Thanks Gizzy,
It is sad that Anna is have a hard time with the visitation from her father. But in a way, I understand where she is coming from. It was a weird (don't know if it's the right word but it was different) experience when I felt the sensations but it must have been difficult for Anna. To know that Anna was really close to her father and to have her father come back after accepting that he was gone and he wouldn't ever return. Then have him come back would be be shocking for anyone.
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Hi Geetha50, that is such a bittersweet story. Sweet that the grandpa has come back to play with his grandchild (maybe that is why he sleeps through the night) but sad that Anna is scared by this visitation. Good story I enjoyed it. 😊
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Thanks everyone for commenting. Just an update:

(1) My friend is somewhat creeped out by this experience but I think she will come around.

(2) My other friend, Mary, ended up telling one of Anna's brothers. Unfortunately, Anna's nephew was there also and he ended telling it to his grandmother (Anna's mother). She started crying and started to scowl Anna for not accepting that her father was back.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-12)
geetha great story again 😊
Totaly agree with you on this one, does sound like grandpa has come back to play with the grandson.
Sweet sweet story thank you and your friend for adding
Carl
Oh and again adding to favs ❤
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-12)
I agree in that he'll probably have more encounters and the story is so familiar, children seem to have a knack for seeing these guys:P, indeed a beautiful sign of company from grandad:)
MissMegan (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-11)
This is a beautiful story. I love hearing about children interacting with spirits. If it is his grandfather there's nothing to worry about. I would be thankful to have an extra pair of eyes to watch out for my little boy. He will probably have a happy childhood full of strange stories.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: