You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Why Is This Ghost Bothering Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Why Is This Ghost Bothering Me?

 

Let me start by saying we live in a duplex, a pretty nice one might I add. We have lived here for about 5 or 6 years. During those years my mom and older sister have experienced things. My mom has had the feeling of being watched and my sister has woken up to a woman standing in her doorway staring at her. Even my cousins have seen this woman in the kitchen and in the basement. Now one might think that I would be uncomfortable living in my house. But no, I didn't believe it. I mean I had never seen or heard anything. So I didn't really pay attention to the so called "ghost".

Then one night about 3 months ago I was downstairs by myself. All the lights and tv were off. It was like 1:30 am. I was on my laptop. We have this small entryway that leads to the front door. Since the couch I was sitting on faces the entry way I automatically look over into that entry way. And what do I see? A shadow, YES, a shadow. I brush it off at first thinking it's just a normal shadow caused by the lights not being on. But I'm still staring at it. That's when the shadow starts to look three dimensional. I get freaked out and draw my knees up to my breasts but only for a few seconds before I jump and turn on the lights. When I turn on the light I see a woman dressed in white peeking around the corner at me. She's only there for a second then she disappears.

After that experience nothing happens to me. Then about a week ago I am falling asleep in my room. It's dark in my room except for a street light outside my window. For some reason I open my eyes and I see this face staring at me from across the room. I'm just laying there in my bed looking back at this face shocked but still scared. It's stares at me for a minute before it disappears completely. This has happened to me two nights in a row and now I sleep with my tv on. But since last week nothing has really happened to me except for the occasional shadow outside my bedroom door. This ghost keeps bothering me. I don't know if it's singled me out because I didn't believe at first. So today, after seeing another shadow in the hallway outside my door, I decide to taunt it by saying; "If you have something to say to me show yourself to me and say it." I didn't hear anything but I did receive a tap on the shoulder. I am so scared because I don't want it touching me. I don't know what to do, I'm too scared to sleep in my room anymore. In fact I'm too scared to be left in the house by myself. I don't want to be scared but it's hard.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ColorMeRed, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
Jav,

No club needed, It looks like you figured it out on your own.

ColorMeRed,

It doesn't seem like this 'spirit' is malevolent, but is indeed intelligent. Now when it comes to asking questions...don't leave the manner of response 'open ended' by doing so you leave yourself open to being 'touched'. Ask the 'spirit' to knock, or turn on a flash light... Or something of the like, just set the ground rules. You can even try an EVP session. Just get a recorder and ask your questions... Pause after each question and after about 15 minutes or so stop recording and play it back, you may hear answers to your questions... Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
I had to go through this again because it really does bother me. I have no real experience with Wicca, to speak of. My experience is just from the times I've asked questions and received replies. I've never been turned away or asked for anything in return, so I'm curious. That's all, nothing more.
These are the statements I'm referring to. I'm only bringing this forward in defense of my own experiences, which do not reflect what is in these statements. So I'm not looking for a fight, just a clarification.

"Some merely ask for a very personal item whereas others want a soul. Some charge money. It all depends and many will not help at all"

[at] Rook,
I didn't think any of this applied to you as you were a SOLE practitioner of Wicca. So don't think I'm questioning your intentions. I think you know me better than that. That is why it bothers me though. I just don't understand.

[at] concernedwiccan,
From the alias you've chosen, I guess I expected a different mode of delivery. How can you call yourself concerned? The only concern you are showing here seems to be for what you'll get for your provided services, no matter what that service may be. That is not assistance and it flies in the face of the little I do know about the practice. And then for you to say you know of those who would ask for a soul or any other compensation, be it monetary or otherwise, in return as if it were no big deal is very disturbing on any level. I don't believe you. Yes, I'm calling you out on that. Anyone who would think you are serious needs help too. Grow up.

Now for this statement.
"While it's true that most Wiccans are hesitant to get involved in spiritual matters of non-Wiccans"

This one I actually get. And it makes perfect sense to me. I had to think about it for a while, but in the end it's no different than saying (and I'm going to step into more trouble with this one),

"Rabbi's are hesitant to get involved with a Catholic Exorcism"

Is that close anyway?

And, yes, I know I'm just learning some of this stuff, and sometimes you have to smack me with a club to make me see the obvious. But at least I'm trying.

If I'm way off, tell me.

Jav 😐
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
I was with you until you mentioned Glen Beck. You are asking a lot when you throw that in... But it is your soul on the line here, so I guess I can see it. I just don't know of anyone who can deliver what your asking.
However, if we keep the bidding open ended, who knows? Maybe we will find someone with that level of insight.

Jav 😲
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
Well, I want better health, maybe to be hotter. I really like candy and cake. I like clothes a lot. So maybe some gift cards. Oh yeah! And I want to read the mind of Glen Beck. What the heck is that guy thinking? I don't understand a lick of what he's talking about, so I would want to understand where he is coming from. Also, I want to be able to talk to his mind, make him a little crazy...er...crazier...
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
Well, I guess it's a question of compensation now, huh? What exactly are you looking for in return? Are you going for the monetary (boring) or spiritual? Perhaps you would consider a trade of some sort? Give the future bidders an idea of what you expect here.

Jav
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
My soul is pink, duh! And the jar? No brand, I picked it up from a hobby store. So there is no food contamination.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
bacchaegrl,
Aaaah! And there lies the question of the hour. What does it look like, your soul, I mean. And this jar? How did you come by the jar? How was it prepared to receive your soul? Can you assure us there is no trace of mayonnaise around the lid? Wouldn't want to get into a brand war here. Will there be a bidding process?

Jav 😉
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
Alright! First come, first serve! I have my soul on my desk now. The person who can find it first gets to keep it!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
myself, I've asked questions and gotten great replies concerning the practice. I've even received assistance. I just had no idea it wasn't a normal thing to give it. Because that does not match my experience.

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
Rook,
I was referring to the previous comments laid down by other posters. I'm seeing a couple of comments that say Wicca doesn't normally assist others with ghostly problems outside their own group/coven/whatever. That just puzzles me that it seems an actual course of duty, or non-duty. 😕
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
Wait...a SOUL? Wow, talk about a way to tip the karmic scales against yourself. First of all, I do not believe it is possible to transfer ownership of your soul to someone else. That seems just ridiculous to me. Do you mean your own soul or a sacrifice? As in sacrificing a soul to that person? Because that is just sick. You may want to consider leaving that coven before you get yourself in trouble. That does not sound like any healthy or honest Wiccan coven I have ever heard of. It is that kind of crap that gives Wiccans a bad name.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
Lou, Jav...

This may be wrong as I was only a SOLO PRACTITIONER but as such my Empathic Readings, Blessings, Tarot Readings... Whatever Assistance I could give, came at 'NO COST' to those in need.

Now there were times I chose to charge a fee, but this was from folks who thought to 'test me' by asking questions like... When will I die? What will the 'Person of my Dreams' look like (There is an inappropriate story for one of these)...What do I have to do to become rich? Questions like this, while maybe important to the person asking, just aren't the reason I was given my gifts for... But for those who really needed help or advice, it was the same way I assist people here on this site now (as a Priest and Teacher for my Church of Choice)...FREE...

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
Lou,
Very interesting question. I wasn't aware you had to be a member to be deemed worthy of assistance.
I agree, it sounds like organized religion in that sense. Is it possible that only applies to that coven? Or is this common practice within the religion as a whole?
Why would it be common practice NOT to assist those outside of Wicca if you are Wiccan? (I have no idea if I used those words correctly or not)
Is it advertised as such?
And no, I'm not kidding.

Jav
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
I am serious when claiming total ignorance here, but I assumed, like BJJ implied, that since Wicca was all about peace and spiritual harmony, that Wiccans were in the business of helping their fellow man.

So, if you are an outsider tormented or oppressed, they aren't interested, and if you are in good with them, they will still charge you for their "services".
Huh,...sounds...almost...Catholic.

Lou

Lou
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
Bacchaegrl,
If Rook can't have it, can I? I promise I'll be nice...

Jav 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
Rook,
I have been waiting for 13 hours, to see if someone would jump on that one!
Good job sir!

Jav
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
Must resist, must resist... Must not... Ah, well... I gotta say it...

Bacchaegrl,

I have a blankie lining a wicker basket. I have a collar and a 16 ft retractable leash, I'll walk it every day, feed it every day and clean up after it every day... How's that sound... Can I keep it? 😉

(Please do not take that as a serious question...)

Respectfully, (and totally tongue in cheek)

Rook
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
Haha! Yeah! And how do you know you have the soul anyway? Do you keep in some sort of soul jar? I'm no wiccan, but I certainly don't think being paid with a soul is a very good idea at all. You can have mine if you want, you just have to tell me how you are going to take it, how you are going to keep it, where you are going to keep it, and how well it will be cared for.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
A personal item? A SOUL? What kind of coven are you in? I wouldn't request something like that, and have never encountered a Wiccan who would even consider asking for such things. If I asked for compensation for my time, it would be no more than gas money. And the person would have to live pretty far for me to even do that.
While it's true that most Wiccans are hesitant to get involved in spiritual matters of non-Wiccans, I just can't picture a legitimate Wiccan asking for a personal item or a soul.
concernedwiccan (16 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
and you are correct some will help for karma alone 😁 I found a very good friend who does that

This comment from concernedwiccan is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Zeo (15 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
It's like I'm sure everyone on some level agrees: "Help that requires a fee isn't genuine help; it's a profit".
Making someone pay, on any level, for "help" is defying the point in helping them in the first place.

But that's just my opinion~
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
concernedwiccan: Sorry but that sounds like fraudulent business to me. The only things a Wiccan individual or coven has a right to charge for is materials and classes. Everything else is an expenditure of spiritual energy, and whereas yes it is work, it hardly qualifies as a monetary service. That is like helping a frail little old lady cross the road and demanding a fee for doing it.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
Simple advice that I've seen many others give... Just acknowledge her presence. Say, "Hello." when you see her. That will help "break the ice" and she'll be happy that you gave her recognition. She might even leave you alone at that point unless you ask her to come to you. When you're ready to do that, you might be able to find out what she wants. From what I've been told, knocking takes less energy than talking (even through EVP). So, use "yes or no" questions and ask her to knock.

I think that the most important step right now is just acknowledging her. As with live people, it's the courteous think to do.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+7
13 years ago (2011-07-15)
concernedwiccan: What exactly does the "price" of your assistance consist of?...Monetary, or otherwise?...That aside, surely you understand the "law of three", and to charge for cleansing rituals is nothing but bad Karma... You and your coven really should reconsider the way you do business...

ColorMeRed: I agree with Miracles... Any reputable medium or paranormal group will not charge to help you...It's good Karma to offer something to them for their help, but they don't expect payment... Their methods will work regardless... 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+5
13 years ago (2011-07-15)
ColorMeRed - You've indicated you aren't going to participate in the discussions, but I do hope you are indeed reading the comments as you said you would. I mean no disrespect to concernedwiccan, but I am going to point out that there are many groups out there who are willing to help you that will not charge you anything. If you offer them something for their services, that's one thing, but there are too many groups who offer their services free of charge and are happy to do it.

This comment from concernedwiccan is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
It doesn't sound like this woman is looking to hurt or deliberately scare you. I think she is just curious about your family and is just wants you to know that she is there. This seems like an intelligent haunt because you received a tap on your shoulder in response to your statement towards her. So I think if you talk out loud to her and ask her to please not show herself to you, or touch you she would listen. You can also try doing an EVP recording like Badjuujuu suggested. Thanks for posting your story 😊
Zik (1 stories) (25 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
Hello,

I enjoyed your story, and I'm sorry that you was frightened.
I mainly agree with BadJuu's advice, though myself personally, refuses to make contact with any spirit at all. I'd seek help from someone who can do all of the contacting/helping, like a Priest for example.

Anyway, thank you for posting.

-Zik
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
Concernedwiccan: I can appreciate that your advice was intended to help the author, but please corret me if I am wrong, I thought that Wiccan covens were not in the habit of helping random people with ghost problems? From what I understand, covens are organizations of practitioners that study and perform rituals together. I understand the salt and the prayer to St. Michael... Those are common suggestions here and really do not require a religious preference. Did I miss something where the author indicated that she was Wiccan?

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: