You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Red Eyes

Real Ghost Stories

Red Eyes

 

My mother had recently told me of something strange that happened to her when she was a teenager. She was walking home alone in the summer and it was almost dark out. She was walking on a dirt road and there was lots of trees around. My mother said, she suddenly, saw these red eyes starring back at her through the edge of the woods! She also said, she could see its face! Whatever it was... Was not human! It was really a frightening experience! She just ran back home and looked back a few times to make sure it wasn't following her!

It didn't follow her. She had told her mother and father and only her father believed her. There was some neighbors living near by and my mom's mother told their son this. He then told her, "You shouldn't let your daughter walk alone on those lonely roads at night! There's some strange things happening in those woods!" He said he once saw something but never said whatever it was he had seen.

My mother believes it was something from another world. She never went walking alone again. Apparently, it was not known what it was back then or even today. Any responses on this story is okay. I thought I would share this true event and thanks for reading...

Other hauntings by canadian123

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, canadian123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

thcmike (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-14)
My story I was like 4 5 years old in Los Angeles living at an apartment. E where eating dinner at the table, my family. My seat was facing the dark living room when I blink and I see my grandpa standing near a wall smiling (I don't know why I saw him, he is still alive) when I blinked again I saw red eyes looking at me. The eyes where floating and was about 6 feet or taller red eyes shaped like a wolf or non human more like creatures eyes. I was shocked and frozen in fear, I did not blink for a good few seconds. Once I blinked it was gone but I have seen a lot of paranormal stuff. I'm not making nothing up. I wish I never seen stuff like that but after does eyes in my knowledge I have been living in paranormal activity until I become more religious I'm christianity. This is because I have seem creepy stuff made me behoove devil exist. If the devil exist so does God so I looked for him!
graik001 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
i, too, have seen red eyes. I saw mine in the northwoods of wisconsin, usa.

It was the summer before my freshman year and I was hanging out in the woods with some friends; we were playing on four-wheelers and trying to start a small campfire. It was sunny, somewhat bright, out when myself and my friend, chad, took a quick ride on the four-wheeler down a path in the woods. When we came to a 'T', this is where we saw two red eyes coming from the darkened woods- two eyes with a slender tree in between them- so they were placed, oddly, far apart from one another. We both saw them look at us looking at them- no one moving. We turned the atv around and heading back to our friends by the campfire full speed. I didn't look back until we were 50 yards away down the path, I was checking to see if it was following us, but the hills blocked the view of the intersection. When we got back to our small group of friends in the woods, we told them what we saw, however, we stayed there until after dark. I didn't feel threatened by eyes, just a little startled...

I searched for what I have seen on google a few times and every time I do I am convinced it was mothman. The view articles I read about the mothman I have learned it is usually a sign something bad is going to happen... There was a huge tragedy that happened in the small town near that area a few years later where an evil man killed many young adults. He went to that specific area of the woods (within a mile!) to kill himself in a cabin.

I believe, the reason chad and I saw those eyes was to warn us about what was to come. I have to say after that encounter- I absolutely did not want to live in an area where I could see such things! I left because I saw those eyes. I have not seen them since.
Hainoki (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
I've had a similar experience when I was a child. I lived in a very small town in a rural part of Kentucky. My best friend and I were outback behind my house just jumping on the trampoline. Now behind my house, there is a large section of forest and there is also an abandoned old house there too, which was only about 50-60 feet from my backdoor.

Anyway, we were just jumping when my friend gasped and pointed to the southeast of me. I turned and what I saw scared me nearly to death. Though I couldn't see it's face, I saw two very large red eyes staring at us. We were so frightened that we didn't move for a few minutes, then we hyjacked it back inside the house. I've never seen it since.

One possiblity, that I've researched on is that it is the Mothman. He is described and having large red eyes, and appearing as half-man half-bird, either gray or brown in color.

~Hainoki
psycho_mage (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
When I was 5 I woke up to find a pair of red eyes watching me through my window and I have thick curtains. Then at a campsite when I was a young teenager, I saw red eyes again... I want to know what it is and why in the world was it at my window when I was 5! 😭
KnightPhantom (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-12)
I remember seein an old man by the window with red eyes but they started to blled out and he was smilin it scared me to death man I think it was a demon
TKDJamie (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
Really Creepy! I Once saw red eyes and I have a story about them.
Spooky! Thanks for sharing!
hales3 (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
My mom told me a very similar story once! She swears to God to this day it is 100% true and her friend is her witness. When she was a teenager she lived on a military base with her friend, because their fathers were in the military. There were woods around the housing area and they would always hangout back there. They were walking around in the woods one day, headed home, and all of the sudden from behind them they hear "psst!" and they turned around to see a small, freaky looking being, with scarce hair, large eyes, and greyish green skin peeking at them from around a tree. She said it was about 3 ft tall and her and her friend just screamed and ran. After they got out of the woods they asked eachother if they had just seen that and they both came up with the same story, they tried telling others but no one believed them.
AddingAtrophy (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Where did this take place?
It sounds like a wendigo almost.
Besides the red eyes part.
yorkster1234 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-12)
i had that happen to me before,
it turned out to be a garden gnomes eyes
(it was FREAKY!)
So my point is maybe it was someone spying or if it wasn't mving it would probobly be a gnome or bug or something...
Maybe your mom can take you back there on day when you have time :)
Elahie (3 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-12)
it sounded lke a myth at first but them OMG things like that happened here years ago wen there was no electricity and much worse. I'm glad I wasn't born way baq then 😊
querida (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-02)
where were these woods located?
what was the name?

This story is really creepy, I have never seen red eyes stare at me though but I have had dreams. Freaks me out.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-02)
That is a very intriguing story. I wonder what had happened in those woods. Did you research them at all? Has there been any folk lore or legends regarding those woods, or for that matter any'true horrendous' happenings there? I would be very curious to find out the history of the woods and the lonely road.

God Bless!
Ladyhawk (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-18)
😁 this is very true, the shaow figure's normaly have 2 other demonic being with them, one you can feel but not see, the other comes as a little girl sometimes, then turn's into an old hag, suqubus, she's lucky they didn't attach them selfs to her,I've read the responce to what happened, and most haven't had to deal with these demonic's, I have, and if they deside to come after you, it take's more then stronge belives to stop them, but then the one's that are with me, started to protect me when I was 8y/o , they are still with me, and have saved my life many times, and stopped someone from hurting me, they can chose to turn to the light, we'er not the only one's that were given free will, the one that watched your mom, is still there, it's demonic, and will hurt someone given the chance, your mom and you don't need to worry if you ever go there again, I'd carry some sea salt with you if you do, just in case, I'll have to tell you about what happened to me
Ladyhawk
summer_starz7 (12 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-24)
Thats creepy! 😲
Something happened to me like that the other day exept it was a full body! 😲
~ ❤ Summer
Cass (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-10)
This sounds similar to the "guy" so many people are seeing that wears a top hat (!) has glowing red eyes (!) and is very often seen in trees.

Man this life is weird. And I've a feeling it's going to get weirder. 😨
Brian07891 (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-20)
Im just glad that thing didn't go and chase your mom yo. If it did... Who knows
monica5 (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-20)
Margaret, that would deffinately be creepy. I am always out in the woods backpaking a lot and camping. It is something I do often. I have heard things you would not believe in the woods. Growing up in Idaho's Pan handle there are very dense wilderness. I know this may sound crazy and I hear it alot, people say monica you are cazy to believe in what you beleive, but hey that is your opinion. I do agree that one should never go out alone in any widlerness area that is not a good idea. One of the biggest back packers rules, anyway I am a big believer in Bigfoot. Yeah, yeah let me have it anyway as young girl I would hear constant stories of this "being" and I grew up beieveing in him. Still to date as an adult. This plays a big role in my backpacking excursions, but there is lots of sightings by credible people that say they have witnessed a creature in the woods unlike anything they could relate to and he has deep red eyes. You Can see the glow through the forrest. I am not saying that this is it but that is one of the most memorible things I remember when people witness these things, anyway that is just an opinion. Thank you for sharing when it comes to the wilderness and strange happenings I am on it. If I amy ask where did this occur? Your post states you are in Canada. My next destination someday after Alaska of course.
M5
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-19)
Dear Margaret,

Thanks for telling your mother's ghost story or red eyed, unknown entity story.

In the woods of life, there are always those red eyed unknown entities lurking in the shadows, just waiting to prey on our self doubt and fears. Thus, we as human beings have our common sense, survival mechanisms and belief system in which to confront these red eyed entities who show up when we least suspect it. Yet, because we are prepared by our strong foundation of our belief system, confident in ourselves, are our own best friend, and know from within ourselves that we are not alone; we are able to walk into those woods with our own shield of protection and a friend, family or any companion who cares for our well being. Your mother learned a valuable lesson and that is not one of us is alone, and we should never have to go into the woods of life, and the unknown alone. --Abby

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: