You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Crisis Apparition

Real Ghost Stories

Crisis Apparition

 

I have been witness to many paranormal experiences in my life but one experience certainly stands out in my mind involving what I believe to be a crisis apparition. This is an apparition that quite often visits people in forewarning of a death.

It was July 1997, I was 19 years old and I had not long split up from my first serious boyfriend David. I had gone to bed and I was tossing and turning feeling very uneasy and could not fall asleep. All of a sudden I sat bolt right up in my bed which was facing the open bedroom door. I saw very vividly the spirit of a young male standing at the foot of my bed. He was wearing a striped rugby style top and had short reddish brown spiky hair. He looked at me and grinned in this horrible evil leer that still sends shivers up my spine. The scariest thing was that he looked like very much like David, only an evil look-alike (and evil is the only word I can think to describe this awful apparition). I stared completely frozen at this apparition for about 10 long seconds and then screamed at the top of my lungs. When I screamed the apparition disappeared and the room was extremely cold. My mum came rushing into my room wondering what was wrong. All I could say was "mum, I swear I have just seen a ghost". Needless to say I stayed awake all night with the light on.

Two days later my best friend and her boyfriend called late at night to say they were coming over because they had to tell me something they couldn't say over the phone. Without them telling me I knew that David was dead. Sadly enough he had committed suicide on a friend's farm the night before.

I honestly believe I was visited by a crisis apparition the night before David died, as a forewarning of his death. I have no idea why this spirit presented itself in such a horrible manner and the evil grin still bothers me to this day.

Other hauntings by shellzy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shellzy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
First of all, my condolences to you. It's never easy to lose someone you love (d). Even though you two broke up, you must have cared for him. I also agree with Nysa. When someone is considering suicide or are ready to do it are in an emotionally dark place and there are a lot negativity surrounding him or her. I don't know how long ago this happened, but I hope you can move on from this incident.

Also, I have made a point to myself never to read stories on this website before going to sleep because I tend to have a vivid imagination and your description just put a very good image in my head. Thanks for that! 😆
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-22)
That is scary! Our family didn't have anything that dramatic, only an owl, that would sit stop the flag-
Pole, in my Gran's garden & hoot, just before a family member died. 😢
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-11-18)
I've heard of people seeing visions of those right before they die. It's terrible, I know, but I think Nysa's right. It seems that David was in a very dark place before he decided to take his life, and those emotions can span quite a ways, if they're strong enough. I'm sorry that you got the force of it. My condolences to you.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-11-18)
Was David angry about your breakup? Perhaps he was contemplating suicide & thinking so much about making you suffer that the dark part of him became visible to you. People who kill themselves are in a very dark place emotionally, even good people have hateful, malevolent energy in them & when upset that part can overwhelm them. If his thoughts & emotions were focused on you at the time it makes sense to me that he would project that part of himself & you would see it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: