You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: The Thing With The Scissor Legs

Real Ghost Stories

The Thing With The Scissor Legs

 

It has been some time since I have submitted a story. Not much has really been happening lately up until this morning. I thought I would share this experience as, to be honest, I am not sure what I encountered.

I live in Australia in Melbourne on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula. It is summer here at the moment so the days are mostly hot and bright.

I was driving to work on Tuesday the 8th February around 8am. I stopped at a local supermarket to grab something for lunch so I took a different route to what I would normally take. I left the shops and made my way through some back streets and was approaching a small Anglican church on my left hand side. As I was getting closer I saw a very tall black 'thing' emerge from the church entrance and quickly dart across the grass on the church grounds heading towards the road. My instinct was to slow down as I expected it to cross in front of my car. I watched it move very quickly, taking long strange strides across the grass. It reached the end of the church grounds, about to step onto the road and then just vanished into thin air.

It was very tall and thin, with a small head, jet black with no features. It had no arms that I can recall. As I was driving away in shock all I could think was 'what the heck was that thing with the scissor legs?' It then dawned on me that it had no knees and was moving very quickly with straight scissor like legs, if that makes any sense. I kept looking in my rear view mirror as I was driving up the road, completely confused as to what this thing was and where did it go?

A minute up the road I began to feel very nauseated to the point I thought I would have to pull over and vomit. I have had a few experiences in my life that have made me feel very nervous and uneasy, but nothing has ever made me feel like I want to be physically sick before. Thankfully the sick feeling passed as I got further away.

I have been thinking about it all morning and I have no idea what I encountered. Was it a ghost but in a strange form? Or was it something else? Has anyone else ever encountered something with scissor like legs?

Thank you for reading my story. I know it isn't anything too thrilling or exciting but it has rattled me enough to want to share it with others.

Other hauntings by shellzy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shellzy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-09-25)
For what it is worth, churches are places where spiritual things happen. Church services can be very spiritual. Spiritual energy attracts spiritual beings, both good and bad and that is why there are so many sightings and experiences connected to churches and church yards.
Myst (63 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-07-23)
shellzy: Sorry to be so late chiming in, but I just remembered a segment on the TV program "Fact or Faked." They had a video segment of a scissor -legged being they could not replicate. If you can find it (? Fan website), you could see if what they found was like what you saw.
radish54 (1 stories) (51 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
I'm not sure if this is one bit cogent to a discussion about the creature you saw emerging from the church but it did trigger a memory of something I had seen on a YouTube video. Stick people. I cannot vet the video, have no idea if it's a hoax; it's just your description of the odd gait that made me remember this:
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHsEr_9IIVM

And wrong hue, too.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-03-01)
Hi Shellzy, I'm with everyone else, this was NOT in the slightest boring at all!
I love these moments, just going about the day dumm dee doo, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU?!

I'm thinking a land spirit entity, maybe a troll, they can be tall. But I've no idea, really.
You maybe had a panic attack further up the road, could explain the nausea. Sort of delayed shock from something so abnormal entering an otherwise normal moment.
I really recommend reading Dreamer's story too. Maybe church grounds attract entities who display bizarre behaviour.😕
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-01)
Hi Shellzy - I personally haven't encountered anything with scissor-like legs, however a few years ago now I encountered a movie with a guy called Edward who had scissor-like hands!😆...sorry, that was terrible...

But seriously... That must have been very unsettling! A very bizarre looking figure to say the least. Why would it appear like that and I wonder if it deliberately chose to reveal itself to you at that point?

Why the Anglican Church? Is that significant I wonder? What's going on in there? Maybe you should check that church out and see if you can pick up anything? But I'd understand if you weren't to keen on seeing THAT again!

Thanks for sharing.

Regards

Mack
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-03-01)
Hi shellzy, I would like to comment about your last line. In many of the paranormal encounters, they are not thrilling or exciting and such excitement and thrill will happen only in movies when we reach the climax part.

Having said that, it is quite difficult to brand what you saw as paranormal entity or not. Because it was the only one time you have sighted such a scissor-legged thing. Further, I don't think that you have made any investigation at the Church or in that area. Perhaps if you had done that, we might have got some more information. But, without that, it is quite difficult to comment further on.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-29)
hi shellzy,

I had a very similar experience around 18 months ago.
I was also passing a church early in the morning while
It was still dark.

The dark figure I witnessed was also running across the church car park, had a distinct head, bent arms and legs.

It looked like it also turned it, s head before disappearing into the wall of the adjoining property.

Luckily I did not have any type of physical sensations after this strange encounter. I could only hazard a guess and say it was a shadow person/being that we both experienced.

Thanks for sharing 😊 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: