You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Facing My Demons

Real Ghost Stories

Facing My Demons

 

This story is a true account of what happened to me, On 11 June, 2010

I will try and relay the events of that night as best I can through text, but the enormity of the true horror of that night will haunt me for the rest of my life, nevertheless I will try and tell you My Story.

I had undertaken a time of testing to become a member of the highest rank of a Christian Fellowship that I am a member of, and part of the rites of passage into the order of the Fellowship involves a time of testing in the Wilderness, an All-night Vigil, to keep a Fire going through the Night. The Wilderness vigil is a time of reflection and communion with God, and about 0300 in the morning, there came over me a great feeling of sadness, guilt and misery.

I had been struggling with a lot of sin in my life and cried out for redemption. I sat facing the Fire, praying, weeping and crying out. Presently I heard footsteps approach behind me and to my left; I was sitting on a large log, and had heard something approach. I immediately felt a presence, it had made itself known, but I was yet unaware of its nature. I looked over my left shoulder, and there was a presence there, about the size of a man, but blacker than the night. I could see the Fire reflect IN it, and yet could see through it, it was like a shadow. I was not yet sure what I saw, but when it turned around, and moved quickly back into the forest I knew what I had seen. It was very clear, there was no mistaking it, when I had seen it move, it had seemed like its head split into two horns, and its eyes burned with liquid fire.

It appeared as only a single entity, but I knew from its presence that it was many. It was as swift and as subtle as a shadow. It was almost invisible. It only took about a second or two, but it shook me so deeply to the core that I cried out to God for protection, and HE brought me through that night, and delivered me from my Demons.

God changed me that night, yet I still fight my demons every day.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CanadaLynx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-26)
It sounds a bit like a First Nations "Vision Quest"... Or a bit like an Eagle Scout (boy scouts) "Order of the Arrow" thing...
Jitow (362 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Yeah, it does not hurt so bad does it. Hey, I agree with you all a lot too. I should write it more when I do. Hey Granny, doing a good job there moderating. Jitow
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
zzsgranny (and others with questions),

Once upon a time those who sought knighthood would preform something along these lines... They would maintain a fire and pray the night through before being presented to be knighted.

Http://www.essortment.com/medieval-history-vigil-arms-21329.html

If they were Christian, then that would make this a Christian Ceromony 'of sorts' considering the individual to be knighted after a cleansing bath, praying for the repentance of their sins and fasting overnight, would present himeself for the knighting ceromony dressed in white to represent purity... Just a couple of thoughts...

Respectfully,

Rook
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
Strange one this; for a second here I thought it was Tempe Toxic writing again.

Well technically it is a Ghost Story, Holy Ghost and all. But once again it's just another Jesus-freak attempting to preach...
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
Canadalynx: I agree with Cosmo and Jitow... (Quick, smelling salts! Jitow seems to have fainted! 😆 😉)...I've never heard of this sort of thing in any kind of legitimate Christian ceremony...

That aside, if, as you say, the experience strengthened your belief then it was a good experience, right?...

Jitow 😊
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
I am going to agree with Jitow on this one. That seemed more like an initiation into a sorority than a Christian Fellowship. I also have never heard of there being certain levels or rankings in Christianity for followers of the faith. Have you considered that maybe one of the members followed you out in the wilderness that night and staged that whole thing? I don't mean to sound cynical, it's just scary to put your complete trust in a group of people. They can turn out to be scam artists, or a cult. I hope this group is legit and everything works out well for you.
Jitow (362 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
I would be interested in knowinfg what church you attend or the group that you had to do this for in order to be a member of the highest rank. Jesus said suffer the littles children and let them come to me. He never said anything about rankings and hierarchy in Christianity. I would guess you are speaking of Chritianity but it sounds that this group is more based on pleasing other men than pleasing God. Your "night" in the wilderness certainly sounds interesting but do you think that one night made you a better Christian than one who has suffered for 20 years with a debilitating disease that has trusted God threw each and every day of it, still has the disease but knows that God has a higher purpose for them. I am not bashing you, I am however astonished that there is some group out there misleading people into feeling that they of a higher fath or station in faith than even that of a young child. My biggest beef is that others do not come on here and think that they have to do what you did to have a loving 2 way relationship with the Heavenly Father threw Christ Jesus. There is nothing, absolutely nothing that you can do or I can do that ever comes close to what Christ went through for us and the simple part is, all we have to do is believe in Him. No special mountains, no scary wilderness, why? Because Christ already did that for us so that we do not have to do it. Don't think that man can out do Christ or even come close. Tell your group that God does not require that for a closer relationship with Him. This is what He said. Love Me, your God with all your heart, mind, and strength and love your neighbor as yourself. Think what the world would be like if we lived by these two commands that we are given.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
Hello Canadalynx,

Thank you for sharing your story. A interesting one might I add. I don't know what church you belong to but I have to say I have never heard of this all night vigil. Very strange. I have heard of mediations etc but not this.

I also found it strange that it was at 3am you felt a presence behind you. In the wilderness surely come nightfall you would have felt many presences around you, next to. Unfortunately I do believe it was some sort of animal you saw and not non-human.

Thank you once again for sharing you story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: