You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: It Feeds On Panic & Fear

Real Ghost Stories

It Feeds On Panic & Fear

 

Guys, this story spans from Wednesday, 17 October 2012 to Sunday, 21 October 2012. It is quite a long story, so please bear with me.

Wednesday, 17 October 2012 - I had just gotten home from work and sat down on the couch. My mom was already home and she was fiddling around on her laptop, as per usual. My boys were still running around outside, being typical little boys, trying to get the last bit of sunshine out of the day, before the rain started again. Its summer in South Africa after all, and this time of year is thunder storm season.

My mom was looking at her computer screen when she suddenly asked me, "did you hear a commotion in the house last night?" I told her no. In fact, I had struggled to sleep and was awake most of the night, but I do not recall hearing any noise. She then drew my attention to the wall in front of me, on the opposite side of the TV Room. Three shelves had been put up there. The top one carried a speaker to the sound system, and the two below were put up to house my dad's collection of vintage model cars. Of course, not long after the shelves were put up, my boys had realised there were potential playthings on those shelves, and managed to break the bottom shelf, hanging on it to try and get to the cars. Therefore, that shelf has been tilting downward ever since, and all the cars came to occupy the middle shelf.

Anyway, my mom told me that the housekeeper had come to her that morning and told her something strange had happened. The speaker that used to be mounted on the top shelf, which coincidentally had been bracketed straight to the wall, stood upright on the floor, in front of the single-seated couch. This couch is beneath the shelves. My dad's car collection lay in a heap on the couch, and his white Chevrolet Impala, which was one of his favourites, lay upside down on the pile, all four of its wheels broken off. I checked the speaker, if it had fallen off, it should have been damaged and it was not. All of the shelves were intact, just as they had been the day before. If the speaker had fallen, it must have hit one of the two shelves, the likelihood that it would have caused damage to either the speaker or a shelf (as it was coming down) is definite. In addition, for the speaker to end up right in front of the couch, right side up with no damage to it, that alone made my skin crawl. In all honesty, my immediate thought was that somehow, I had angered the little boy who resides in the room next to the TV room. You will recall if you have read Granny and Little Boy that he is calm and has actually identified with me, since I have two little boys around his age. My friend Tim was able to tell me that the little guy had burned to death in the spot that he now sees as his sanctuary, his only safe space. He barely ever leaves the room. Thus far, he is shy and turns his face away when my friend Tim, who can see and speak to spirits, tries to speak to him. Tim also says anything he picks up from the little boy comes in flashes of images, he does not speak. We do not know his name yet, so I just call him Kiddo.

About 2 weeks prior to everything happening in the TV room, I had told Tim that I was going to clean out a lot of the clutter and boxes in Kiddo's room, because it had become a storeroom. Tim then warned me not to clean too much, as Kiddo will not like the room empty. I asked him later that, if the little guy was upset with the cleaning out, how he would show me and Tim said that I should remember he is a little boy, around 5 years old, just like my boys, and he wouldn't really react strongly. He may move things around but not more. Therefore, when the destruction of a prized collectable happened, I immediately wondered if I could have upset Kiddo. Keep in mind, apart from seeing Gran in her sleep addled state once in a while, and a creeping fear of the bathroom with the shower in the Overlook (see story The Overlook), my mom is not sensitive to spirits. She does not sense Kiddo or Charles and I honestly think the fact that I can feel them freaks her out. She believes that I can feel though, and she is absolutely stunned by Tim's abilities.

As I started reasoning what this was, I immediately made the paranormal connection, and the atmosphere around me became oppressive. Fear started to build and my first instinct was to get hold of Tim and Elaine. I do not know why I felt so strongly because I remember wondering if there would be anything he could do from so far away. I was freaking out, and when I tried to get hold of Elaine, Tim's wife, she did not respond until after 8:00PM on Wednesday night. At this point, I was beyond panic. Now, I have mentioned in my other stories that I have a guardian/spirit guide, Charles, and the moment I started freaking out I could feel my skin tingle on my left shoulder as he tried to tell me he was there. However, as I stood in the kitchen, dishing up dinner for my kids, I had the distinct feeling of eyes following me wherever I went. The feel of the gaze was intense and it was most definitely meant to make me extremely uncomfortable. Congratulations, you succeeded. I actually got to a point where I just stood still in front of the stove and said out loud "Charles, please help me, because the eyes burning a hole in the back of my head are really freaking me out" I started crying. I ran out of the kitchen going to the TV room (past the hot tub/Jacuzzi) just to escape the staring, and Tim later told me if I had taken the route through the dining room I would have felt that the presence dissipated there because granny was there blocking this entity. And, if I was able to see, I would have known that Charley stood between me and this thing at all times. Now, even though I have come to accept that mom and I each have a guardian/spirit guide, and I have a little boy ghost in a room in my house who kind of sees me as a substitute mommy, I am still scared to death of paranormal phenomenon. Most days I just wish this affinity to feel them, would go away.

After getting my bearings and finishing in the kitchen, I went back to the lounge and I could still feel the eyes on me, but now, the feeling radiated from the door to Kiddos room. Right then I knew, deep down, it was not him. This little boy is shy, and when I am in his room, I feel warmth, as if he is trying to tell me I am always welcome. The feeling that I got from his doorway that night, wanted me to be as scared as I could be. It succeeded. By the time Tim and Elaine finally got back to me, I was a mess of nerves. Now, Tim is one of those people whose affinity to commune with the dead stretches across miles, literally. When I explained to them, over BBM, what was going on, Tim asked me if I could feel any presences in the house, apart from Granny, Charles and Kiddo. I most definitely could. He said he got the distinct impression that there was a fourth spirit in the house, it had not been there the last time they visited (though I have had the feeling of being watched from there a lot in the past 7 years) and that it was "feeding" off our fear. He asked me which areas in the house I could really feel the presence and I told him the TV room, the Jacuzzi room and the kitchen. He asked me if there was anywhere else, and I said it was very concentrated in front of Kiddo's door. He said that is exactly where this presence was.

Let me try to paint a picture here. If you walk into my front door, you have a small foyer. The doorway from the lounge comes in from your left side. Now, the lounge has light pink carpet, and then the carpet ends and you have sort of a little "walkway" that is tiled. Therefore, if you walk into the lounge and you cut across it to your left, you get the room where Kiddo is. If you have his door directly to your left, there is a "passage" into the TV room in front of you. It is an actual doorway. You go up a single step and into this passage. My treadmill is in that space, and in front of the treadmill is one of the double couches. It is in this space, where the treadmill is, that this presence radiates furiously. If I sit on that couch, I can feel the eyes on me constantly. Even if I sit on the couch next to it, to the left, the large couch is angled so that I can see past the back of the couch to the treadmill, and I am very aware of being stared at from behind the couch when I sit there as well.

My stress levels and panic increased as I had just started talking to Tim about what was going on and the drizzle of rain increased to a thunderstorm. If you keep in mind how freaked out I was at this point, and then add thunder and the sound of hail beating down on the roof (the Jacuzzi section has aluminium sheeting as a roof, as this was an open stoop originally and was later closed off to form part of the interior of the house, when hale hits there it is deafening), my kids crying because the noise scares them and the constant feeling of being stared at, I was barely handling things very well. The storm interrupted the messages and I got frustrated and panicked. Now, the last message Tim had sent me before they were delayed, he told me to take the Bible to the TV room. However, call me a sissy; I felt that if I did that without knowing what could happen, I might be inviting this thing to attack me. Therefore, I stood in my room, sobbing like a little girl, yelling at the phone for not working when I really needed it to. I had the Bible in my right hand, I had found Psalm 91 and had my right-pointing finger in the Bible, so my finger kept the place when I closed the Bible and I held it tightly to my chest. I was standing with my back against my bedroom wall. As I stood there, I felt tingles run the length and breadth of my back, and then up over my shoulders. I felt a squeeze on my shoulders and knew Charles was there, trying to calm me down. It took several minutes for the storm to die down and the messages to come through.

Tim instructed me to leave the Bible (open to Psalm 91) in the area where the entity felt strongest. He told me that I would not be confronting this entity, all I had to do was put the Bible down and turn around, as I walk away, to tell it that it wasn't invited and was not welcome in my home. When I got to that area and bent to put the Bible down, it suddenly felt like my heart was being squeezed. Now, just to clarify, I'm not saying that this spirit is the one who caused it, it could have been the sheer terror I felt taking the Bible to this thing, fearing it could lash out at me, but it was intense nonetheless and absolutely horrible. I gasped for breath. It only lasted a second or two, and I was able to get up and walk away, but I could not speak, I was so afraid I bolted for the bedroom. In utter fear, we all ended up sleeping in my mom's room that night. I told Elaine that I had the distinct feeling that this entity could not enter the passage leading to the bedrooms, and she and Tim both said it was because Granny and Charles would not allow him access. They kept telling me that it was feeding on my panic and that I needed to calm down, that Charles was with me wherever I went in the house and he would not let anything bad happen to me. However, telling me to calm down when I am scared out of my mind proves a very difficult task.

We got in bed and Tim told me that we would be sleeping peacefully as this entity was now up against forces much stronger than it. When I lay down and closed my eyes, I saw Charles standing next to the bed, the first time I have seen him in the 7 years since his death. He was kneeling next to the bed, his face only inches from mine and he smiled at me for a second. I was so hyper aware of everything around me, I barely slept that night. However, there was no noise coming from the front of the house.

Thursday 18 October 2012

When we got up Thursday morning, I asked my mom to come with me into the front of the house. Yes, I am 28 years old and I was so afraid I had to ask my mom to come with me. I could not feel the presence around Kiddo's room, and I then noticed that Kiddo seemed to have retreated into his room; you could barely feel his presence. He must have been afraid of this thing as well. When I spoke to Tim on Thursday morning, he said the presence was not as strong as it was the night before, but it was still lingering and I needed to keep the Bible open in that area. I had not known this before I left for work, so I had moved it. When I got home from work that afternoon I found the Bible in the kitchen right where I had left it that morning and took it back to the treadmill. I closed Kiddo's door, telling him I am sorry but what I was doing was not meant for him, and I put the Bible back in that space and this time, nothing happened. I felt a little liberated, I must say, and I then could voice load and clear that it was uninvited and unwelcome in my home. For the rest of Thursday and Friday I felt ok around that room, though Kiddo stayed right at the back of his room.

Saturday 20 October 2012

I decided that I needed real clarity. The fact that Tim could sense and see this spirit a good 15 kilometres away from me, told me that, if I could get him to come to the house and be in its direct vicinity, he could get more answers. I asked Elaine if they would mind coming over on Saturday and she and Tim spoke and he said he also had a very strong feeling that he needed to be in my house. When they arrived on Saturday, Elaine could immediately pick up that the spirit was there. She can feel presences, just like I can, but also can't see them. I watched Tim walk across the space where the entity was and walk into Kiddo's room. He looked at the far right corner of the room and smiled. Kiddo was there, still retreated into that part of the room. I walked in behind him and felt my skin tingle when I got to Kiddo's door (Charles reassuring me I am protected), felt those eyes on me again, but when I got into Kiddo's room I felt warmth. I asked Tim if Kiddo was ok and he said yes.

We left Kiddos room and walked to the dining room. There Elaine told us when she tried to get into Kiddos room, she could get to within a metre of his door and then the other spirit started shoving her to get away. She also mentioned that she had the sensation of intense heat on her left side. Tim told us later that the spirit did the same to him. I thought it odd that I could feel its eyes on me, they follow me everywhere, but it hasn't ever shoved me, and as I voiced this I had the distinct feeling of "fingers" running up and down my right arm. Charles was there and Tim told me that no matter where I was, even though I could feel the spirit, Charles blocked it from touching me. Tim said something that he picked up was that this spirit seems bent on getting into Kiddos room, and somehow, Kiddo is blocking it. It is also focused on me, in particular and Tim said he wondered if this spirit was jealous of the attention I was giving Kiddo. The other thing that we noticed, if Elaine held her little girl in her arms, she could get into Kiddos room. For some reason, when she had her toddler with her, the spirit did not react. Interestingly, the kids play around the treadmill and never pick up that this thing is there. Not even Tim and Elaine's youngest, who can immediately sense Charles and Gran.

Tim said the incident with the speaker and the cars had 2 purposes, no 1, to instil fear and panic in myself and my mother, and no 2, Tim said the moment I told them about the Impalas wheels being broken off, he got the image of the spirit, seeming to be a boy of between 15 and 18 years old, standing in front of a car similar to the Impala, in front of a huge tree. He said, even in life, the boy had been mean and vindictive, taking pleasure in pain he caused others. For most of Saturday night, we ignored the spirit, did not talk about him, and did not acknowledge his presence. However, when I came close to the area around Kiddos room, I could feel it watching me, intensely. My heart would start to race and it felt like my stomach was pulled into a ball (this is the nerves of course). Although every time panic would start, there were tingles on my left shoulder. Tim said it was trying to get a reaction out of him, shoving and nudging him, causing the hot sensations, but Tim forthright ignored it. We went to bed past midnight and I struggled to get to sleep until after 3AM Sunday morning. When daylight hits the house, even if the spirit is there, is quiets down to almost nothing, you can barely feel the presence.

Sunday, 21 October 2012

Tim sat under the lapa (thatch "roofing" next to the pool) just staring at the water, and told me that he had felt every second of panic and fear I had felt on Wednesday night (am I reaching here or does this mean he has empathic abilities?). Elaine said he was crying with me. Then, Tim asked me, for what must have been the tenth time since they had arrived, how anyone could call this a gift. Communing with the dead drains him and causes headaches, and, as with most other people I have ever heard of that are sensitive to spirits, he has no control over when or where spirits come to him.

The kids had noticed that there were toys in Kiddos room, and they all ended up playing there. I had asked Tim, when I planned on cleaning the room, if I should leave toys for Kiddo, and Tim said that toys don't bother him because he never had any when he was alive. Call me crazy; but that thought was so sad to me, I had to leave toys for him. Tim said he enjoys them now, he even moves some of them around every so often. He has a fascination with two giant white teddy bears that my boys have forgotten about. On Saturday night, I went to get something in his room, and they were both lying on their sides, placed as if they were sleeping soundly. The day before, they had been sitting up on top of the toy box. If you sit and watch TV now, every so often you can hear the toys move around in that room.

As my dad was home again for the weekend (I have to stipulate that he does not believe in any of this, so, we told him exactly how we had found the speaker and cars, and he was absolutely astonished, because he had used a bracket to fix the speaker to the wall, but we didn't elaborate on anything else. We also did not speak about any spirits around him), 1:00PM Sunday afternoon came around and he had to leave. Once again, it ended in tears. As I went back to the pool, Tim told me that Kiddo had moved from the corner of his room and had walked to where he could see out of the door. I asked him why, and he smiled and said, "He's waiting to see you, he wants to know you're ok". Therefore, I got up and walked to Kiddos room, where I found two of the boys still playing. When I walked in, I asked the kids collectively if they were having fun, trying to tell Kiddo that I was talking to him too.

Later on Elaine and I went to the kitchen to make sandwiches, I had a meatloaf in the oven and when I took the casserole out some of the sauce spilled out and burned my chest. I ended up with nasty blisters. Tim said Kiddo was very worried because I had burned. When the burn was tended to, I went back to the kitchen to help with lunch, and Tim came to me and said: "I don't mean to alarm you, but one of your sons is having a ball playing with kiddo OUTSIDE of his room". The little guy and Tyler were sitting right in front of the doorway where the treadmill is, playing with coins. Tyler had looked up at Tim and said "Uncle Tim, I'm playing with my friend." I was not alarmed, I was glad. Kiddo not only felt he could trust us to join the other kids, but the spirit of the boy in front of his room had left the house that afternoon, thus encouraging Kiddo to leave his room to play. Then Tim's oldest daughter, she is 10 years old, came to her mom and said she feels like she is being followed in the house. She had been in Kiddos room and she could sense him, though she had no idea what she was sensing. Elaine tried to explain to her that it was a little boy and he was just playing, but she got panicked and started crying and Elaine had to call Tim and explain to him what was going on. So, he took her out of the kitchen and explained everything to her the way only he could.

Tim told me, only if I felt that the presence had returned should I worry about having the Bible there. We do not know why it left, assuming that it partly had to do with the fact that it was basically ignored, and we don't know if it will return, but I now know that it has no power except to scare, because between Granny and Charles, it won't ever hurt us. Tim said Granny showed him images of it trying to get into the passageway to the bedrooms, trying to get through my bedroom wall (that is adjacent to the front living room), even going outside and trying to get in through the windows and no matter where it tries, she and Charles are there to block him.

Elaine said that she feels sorry for the other spirit that maybe he is completely misunderstood, and Tim said that, even if that is the case, he is still an entity at the malevolent scope of the spiritual realm, and if you suddenly try and make him feel welcome and wanted, you are inviting trouble. He says any time I feel that presence, I just have to open the Bible and voice loudly that it is uninvited and unwelcome in my home.

It Feeds On Panic & Fear 1
It Feeds On Panic & Fear 2
It Feeds On Panic & Fear 3
It Feeds On Panic & Fear 4
 

Interestingly, Tim says that even though I have had relatively minor experiences with the spiritual realm in my life, now that I acknowledge the three spirits who are welcome in my house, at some point, as I get more comfortable with them, I'm going to become in tune with them and there's a very good possibility that I will be able to see and hear them too. Right now, I'm very nervous about things moving in that direction, as sensing them can already be a bit too much as it is.

Other hauntings by triden07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, triden07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MarbleMae (6 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-21)
"I had asked Tim, when I planned on cleaning the room, if I should leave toys for Kiddo, and Tim said that toys don't bother him because he never had any when he was alive. Call me crazy; but that thought was so sad to me, I had to leave toys for him." Dude u r NOT crazy, I would've been saddened by that too 😉
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-08)
allesgute154
Trust me my dear, everyone fell in love with Charlie. My own personal superman 😉
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-25)
I read every single word of this account and did not find it lengthy at all. I think I'm falling in love with Charlie, though I'm married and mom to a toddler. Do convey my regards to him 😁 ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
triden07 I love the presentation of your accounts well written and easy to understand, it feels like we are there at the time aswell. No doubt this must have been a very frightning experience for you, I'm glad you have Tim helping you with all this and let's not forget Charles, Granny and Kiddo. I wish you all the best with light and love for the future. 😊Thanks for sharing another great account with all us here.

Dan
JoyBells (3 stories) (60 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
[at] triden07

Wow! My heart goes out to your friend Tim; must be such a burden at times communing with the spirit realm whether he'd like to or not. If only all entities were nice ones.

As always, thanks for sharing your experiences with us!
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
beautifuleden
I'm not sure, but from what Tim has dug up on the history of Kempton, it seems there were farms here before it was turned into a bustling suburb. Tim is convinced Kiddo is attched to the land and not the house. Though he does see his room as his refuge.
beautifuleden (2 stories) (66 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
Love your stories Triden! How old is the house you are living in? I am also from South Africa (plett) x
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
[at) Samtille
Hi there. In my experience, I had no idea who was there until Tim made contact with him. I had the distinct feeling/impression/knowledge that I was never alone, and it never scared me, but I needed to know who this was. Thanks to Tim I now know I have been protected for the better part of 7 years.

[at]JoyBells
I completely agree with you. Tim told me last night there was something dark following him and it has a message for someone close to him, and I got a little freaked out. I don't want it to be me. So I took my Bible and read Psalm 91 out loud, then went to bed, and I felt completely at peace.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
I know we all have guardians but can someone tell me how you can communicate with them? (sorry I know I am posting this in your comments triden, hope you don't mind) I know this sounds odd but I moved about 5 months ago to an apartment and when I am at home I always have bare feet and when I am sat or even stood I always feel something brushing against my feet, it can be the sides or the underfoot when I am sat. Could this be my guardian? X
JoyBells (3 stories) (60 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
wow, what incredible encounters! As always your experiences are well written and very captivating.

The advice Tim gave about opening your Bible and leaving it in the room where the mischevious spirit lingered reminded me of a similar experience I had. Basically after a week of having malicious, terrifying nightmares, I awoke one night (wide awake actually) and felt completely surrounded by what seemed like multiple malevolent entities. This feeling was so overbearing and heavy I was finding it difficult to breathe and began to have a panic attack. Then, like a bolt of divine wisdom, I felt led to gather all the Bibles in my home (which ended up to be about 6 or 7 of them), opened each one and surrounded myself with them like a holy circle haha. The sleep there after was so peaceful I was hardly bothered by balancing the books on my bed while I slept (being a self-aware wiggle worm that is lol).
Anyway, just thought I would share that bit there since I too have experienced the helpful aide of an open Bible (s) while being "under attack".

Take care, and I hope the mean spirit continues to leave you and your home alone.:)
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Rozo
I was in Jeugland 😳 I have been in Kempton for half my life now.
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no ways, my mom stays in norkem and I was headboy of Norkem Park High many moons ago!:)
Awesome!
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Hi Rozo
I'm a Norkem girl, lol. Thank you so much, feel free to comment, I love getting feedback.
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Hey Triden, also from Kempton Park, actually stay in Terenure now... Awesomely told account, will be reading your others in a few...
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Hi Rook
Thanks you very much 😊 it was honestly the scariest paranormal experience I have had in my life
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
triden07,

Well told indeed. I enjoyed the Journal style in which you related this. Thank you for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Flyclarinet
Being there to witness what Tim sees and feels, I can honestly tell you, for him, this holds very little joy. He and Charlie have built up a bit of a friendship, if Charlie feels I'm not ok, he communicates to Tim, and Tim in turn asks me what Charlie needs to know. But, even doing that drains the poor guy. He had a very hard time coming to grips with seeing what Kiddo looked like when he died. And, since I seem to be opening up to this more, he keeps warning me that there are things I will be forced to see that I don't want to. I never, ever want to see the final state of that little boy, I know it will be too much for me to handle.

And knowing that, not only did this other entity scare that little boy into retreating to the very furthest corner of his room, but it had gran and Charlie working overtime to keep us safe, that thing had to have been more dark than I could sense. And I was scared out of my mind.
flyclarinet (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
I love the part about the little kid playing with your son. I would honestly love to be able to hear, see, and sense spirits. I see Tim as being pretty lucky to be able to do all these things.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: