You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Poltergeists Or Something Else?

Real Ghost Stories

Poltergeists Or Something Else?

 

While I have not had any paranormal experiences in the past few decades, my significant other "Derrick" has some strange occurrences in his apartment. He has lived in his apartment for at least 5 years, after his grandparents have moved out. The apartment is nice, well-furnished, and has been around since the 60's/70's.

I have hung out with Derrick in his apartment, and have not felt anything unusual. Once when we were having dinner, he referred to the "ghosts in his attic". He said that so matter-of-fact that I thought he was only joking around. It wasn't until one night that I had spent the night at his apartment.

I was watching TV around midnight and my boyfriend went outside to have a smoke (I don't smoke and can't stand the smell). His dog was sitting on my lap and we were just chilling out. I suddenly heard the sounds of someone walking around in the kitchen area. It had not been five minutes since Derrick had gone outside, and I was surprised that he came back in the house so quickly. I called his name and there was no response. Bear in mind, there is a wall that separates the living area from the kitchen, so I could not see who was in the kitchen at the time. Then, I had a strange sensation that someone was literally standing across from me and staring at me. Whatever this was, it got the dog's attention, and the dog sat up straight growling. At that point I was literally petrified, and could not move. At that point two minutes had passed, and my boyfriend had just come back inside from smoking.

I told him what just took place, and he assured me that he was not in the kitchen or his apartment five minutes ago. He then told me that his apartment was in fact haunted. He told me the most he heard/ experienced was loud footsteps in his attic. His grandparents had some experiences when they lived there, such as random objects disappearing and then reappearing. But as far as Derrick knew, no one that lived in his apartment before him had died there.

A few weeks later, Derrick had come back to his place from a late shift at work. We had been texting back and forth all day. I sent him one last text around 11:30 pm and had collapsed to sleep. The next morning I had a text from Derrick saying that "I don't know what you're talking about". I went to check my sent messages and found one that was complete nonsense. There was a string of made-up words such as "slhick mmmm up to". That was in my sent file, but I honestly have no recollection of sending that. At that point Derrick told me he had been up the whole night due to the ghosts. He complained that something or someone kept shaking him awake and had literally LIFTED him out of his bed and threw him on the floor. He didn't seem scared at all, but I sure was.

Derrick still lives in his apartment and has these experiences. I don't know what to think at this point. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? This is really freaky...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vivian678, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vivian678 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-23)
In comments to Rook's questions, yes I mentioned this site to my boyfriend, but he does not seem eager to share his experiences.

And the dog was looking in the same exact spot, where I felt the presence. The condos are one floor buildings, there is no second floor, meaning the only neighbors are in the next room. The attic is the only thing on the higher floor.

-V
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
Hi vivian678, as Unexplained and Rook said, it is better that you ask your friend to register in the site and share his experiences. He told you that there are ghosts in the attic and so he is not a non-believer. So you can ask him to share his experiences in the site. It is good that he is not scared while he still lives in the house. If he does share his encounters, perhaps we could suggest more. If he does not want to, then my advise to you and him would be to perform cleansing the house. Try Rook's method. It is effective and it will definitely ward off negative spirits and energies.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
LeeMc96 (1 stories) (3 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-02-15)
it sounds like a powerfull spirit since it physically lifted you, does objects move around or is there cold spots?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-15)
vivian678,

I'll start here...

"We had been texting back and forth all day. I sent him one last text around 11:30 pm and had collapsed to sleep."

If I had a dime for every time my wife or I had 'sleep texted' I'd be rich, well I'd maybe have 5 dollars. I've typed nonsense in a text message and/or while chatting on-line when I was extremely tired and woke up later to friends or family having replied 'WHAT?'.

As for your boyfriend recent experiences, I have to agree with Unexplained. Is there a chance he will join and share them with us 'first hand'? I ask because from what you have shared with us its hard to say if he was having a bad dream and fell out of bed and 'connected' the two as one event or if a spirit may have actually 'visited' him.

Now concerning your experience...

Was the dog looking towards the spot you felt this presence or was he 'focused' in another direction? Is there any chance you may have heard an upstairs or downstairs neighbor moving about in their apartment?

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
JennZ (72 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-14)
I agree, definitely see if he will share his experiences on here...
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-14)
Hi vivian678, that was an interesting account. Is Derrick aware of this site?

Would he be happy to describe some of his experiences?

U.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: