You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The First Time I Saw a Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The First Time I Saw a Ghost

 

I remember the year our Father died, 1976, and the family rode the greyhound bus to Louisiana from North Carolina, our Mom, my twin Sister, and two Brothers. There he had lived with our Grandparents up to his death. After his funeral and, fresh out of high school, it was time to think about my future. My Grandmother asked me to stay with her and Grandfather, and take my Dad's old room, and I did.

Months later I was in bed asleep, lying on my back, with my right arm extended over my head. It was a very relaxed position when I was awaken by pressure in the pit of my right arm, it was felt like a fist of a small person. Surprised and confused I looked around the room there were no one in the room. I then opened the bedroom door and looked into the living room to make sure that there weren't anyone there. Convinced that everything was ok I closed my bedroom door then back to bed.

At three o'clock that morning my eyes suddenly popped opened, I thought it was very strange, until I looked down at my feet and the bedroom door was wide opened, and standing there was a dark shadow of a man, directly in the door way. The street lights in front of the house had brightly lit the large living room, and there was no doubt this was the ghost of my father looking me in the face.

Until that point my thoughts has always been once you are dead, you are gone, no ghost or spirits GONE. I was very wrong.

Other hauntings by sammyd

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sammyd, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ashleyjb (4 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
i have a cousin that her dad died and it was hard for her to get over. She has never saw him but her my prays to him. I wish you the greatest prayers and sorry for your loss. I'm 11 yers old and I have ghost experinces.

Love,ashleyjb

Francois (220 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Dear sammyd,

I liked the story, it seems you have experienced a part of the occurrences of the "dead time". Your dad was just trying to say goodbye I guess. It is always good to know that people we love and care watch over us even after death.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
Yes 3am does seem to be the time when supernatural things do happen. But it could happen at anytime, however I think at that time all is quiet even us and can be heard or seen easier.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-25)
Oh my Sammy! What is he doing? Can you please explain? I wish to help you in anyway! Wait I have something saying stuff... Ok well it's saying,"I am here for a while and need help..."...weird!Maybe your dad? That happens to me all the time! And Rubert pinched me again! Yippe doodle do-.-Lol Rubert is a little shadow boy who likes to bug ppl^^
Blessings to everyone,
Mikomi
sammyd (3 stories) (10 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-24)
I want to give thanks’ to all that read my story, and to those who help correct it. I would like to say that I find satisfaction in the fact that you have the knowledge and understanding about the other side. I’m all ways willing to listen to others, and our young authors thank you for your stories.

Hello to you Shane, I’m very sad to say that my father didn’t manifest to say his last good bye. He is still here and I don't mean, in a good way.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-24)
thank you for sharing this touching story with us. It is wonderful when those we love let us know they are going to be okay.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-23)
Putting religious beliefs aside I believe the reason more paranormal events happen at 3 am is because there is usually less interferance from other energy sources that could keep spirits from manifesting themselves to us. Sammy, more than likely it was your father coming to say his final good byes to you as you were not present durning his passing. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-23)
Hi Sammy, Isn't it interesting how often spooky things happen at 3am, frequently. Thanks!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: