You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mother And Daughter

Real Ghost Stories

Mother And Daughter

 

This story is linked to others in my profile, such as "My frantic Mother & Now we all know". And it's about my mom and her mother, one of our guardian spirits.

My mom has had health problems for a few years now. In February this year, she moved to Mozambique with my dad. Seeing as how that area is rife with Malaria, my dad is overly focused on using products to ward off the mosquitoes. However, as history has taught the human race, nature has a way of foiling human preparation. In the first week of May 2013, my mom called me the Monday night. She sounded horrible. And when she told me she had Malaria I was scared. My first thought was that Gran would be moving between my house and my parents' house now. It is now the 4th of June and it seems the Malaria has affected my mom's organs. She and my dad came back to South Africa this past weekend.

On Saturday mom and I were in the car together and she asked me how things have been with the spirits in the house. And then she told me that she knew she had Malaria, when the symptoms just started showing. And she says that every night now, as soon as my dad goes to bed, she will catch a grey shadow moving between the kitchen and the passageway. And she stated very matter-of-factly that she knows this is not her imagination. This is a person shaped shadow, always letting her know it is there when she is alone.

I told her we both know who it is. After all, when she had her operation late last year, gran showed up on a picture I took of my mother. And in the picture, she appeared as a grey shadow. If you're curious, the picture is on my profile. As I stated before, gran hates cameras, so when she showed up on this picture my friend Tim told me she needed my mom to know she was there, looking out for her daughter. So mom has had her first glimpse of her mom looking out for her, of her own accord, not by me feeling gran or by Tim telling her she is there. It warms my heart because my mom told me she wishes she could have some kind of sensory experience with her mom.

They did blood tests, etc., yesterday, and we are waiting for the results. I'm pretty sure that this is only the beginning of mom's experiences. In fact, if she stays behind a few weeks to recover, which we are 99% sure is going to happen as the doctor says her spleen is inflamed and she might be hospitalized depending on the test results. I'm sure Charlie and Kiddo might give her some attention as well. And I'll be there to share in the experiences.

Other hauntings by triden07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, triden07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-08)
hey fergie!
Mom is doing much better thanks. Gran and Charlie were very helpful hehehe. I'm just thankful things are better.

Hope all is well your side 😁
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-08)
Hi triden, another amazing account!

I am so sorry to hear of your Mother's malaria - nasty stuff! Hope she will be as good as new, in no time.

I hope the 'ghostly trio' will rally round and give Mom the support she needs.

Look after yourself, and your family, my friend. 😉

Thank you for sharing.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
Now, that's a huge sigh of relief. Happy to hear your mother is recovering well. And, its especially nice to know that her mother is looking out for your mother.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
I'm so happy to hear your mother is on the mend! All of you're accounts are so fascinating and you have such a great way of personalizing them, it makes me wish I was there. Can't wait to read more of them!
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
Hi all!
Thanks so much for all the nice posts. I am happy to confirm that my mom is doing much better. The Malaria has worked its way out of her system. We are all breathing a huge sigh of relief 😁
jazzyq (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-04)
hi I have just spent the last day reading all your stories wow you have some very interesting stuff going on can't wait to read more as it happens, I hope your mother is getting better.
Ps as I was reading and learning more about Charlie I had a very strong feeling that he was in love with you... 😁
vm (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-04)
it is so extra ordinary whatever is happening in your life. As the spirits are getting connected with your mother, it is like they love your whole family. I hope kiddo also come along to make your mother smile, as well as Charlie to take care of her.
I pray to god for your mother's health.

Keep posting...
VM
Cetic (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-02)
I love the posts that you've put up and ended up reading the first up until the latest. I ended up loving kiddo, and charlie, although I haven't really seen Kiddo, though I've felt he was there. But I saw your gran! I'm happy I realized she was there. I sure hope your mother is going to be alright. It sounds like she's going through a very tough time. I hope everything is well and I look forward to reading your next adventure! ❤
Mysmarple (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-01)
I am praying for your mom and I hope with all my heart she gets well very soon. My thoughts are with her and you and your family. ❤
zelda2525 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-27)
This is such a nice story I love reading you stories triden07 Thanks so much for all the positives one (I'm still new on this) Kind regards to your mother and I hope se will get better in time.

😊 😊
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-26)
hi val
Yes! Its a toy bin. I walked in the room and said "Smile Kiddo!" and it seems he posed so prettily for me. There was a coloring book in there, one I had made, that he is extremely fond of
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-06-26)
Triden: sitting in the Rubbermaid bin? One leg out over the side, it looks like he was in profile but turned his head to see you. I get the impression that he was lounging there, looking at something, like a coloring book. Curious- is that like a 'toy bin', with crayons in it?
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-26)
valkricry
Ooh, as a point of interest, and the fact that I am completely curious now, could you see Kiddo in my profile photo?
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-26)
valkricry; PinkAngel
I'm so glad you guys could see her! The day I took the photo and showed it to mom on my phone, she immediately put her finger dead centre on gran's face. I'll never forget Tim telling me Gran was in the picture, because I couldn't see her at first. And when he plainly said "take a look at the shadow on your mom's left. Since when do shadows have eyes?" I could immediately see her.

What is very interesting to me, 3 people who have seen the picture have told me they feel "another presence" as well. The wall behind mom and gran is the wall that seperates Kiddo's room from the lounge. And Charlie was touching my hair when I was taking this picture. The people who "sensed" something all said they feel a male presence. As I stipulated from my very first story, I have always known that there were male and female presences in the house, I just always assumed it was one male and one female.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-06-25)
Oh, Fearless, I was not chiding you. Being new YGS can be a tad tricky. The first time I read one of triden's stories I was all - that made no sense to me. But then I noticed the other stories she wrote (yep I was that new - didn't realize we have 'other stories' listed right there 😕) and then things clicked for me. I'm sorry if I sounded like I was being snarky - I really wasn't.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-06-25)
Triden, Yes, I did peek at the link in your profile. Those who can only 'see' Mom's shadow: HER left - your right. If zoom in to 125% all kinds of details become very clear. Not only can you see Gran's eyes, but even the crease in her arm at the elbow, where she bent her arm to put her hand on Mom's arm. No offense, but I did look for debunking clauses. That is my nature. It's not PhotoShopped, so I looked for natural causes too. I couldn't find any. If Gran's shadow came from any direction but from BEHIND the chair, it would have bled onto the chair. IE due to light coming from 2 angles a double shadow can be cast. Gran is a 'straight' shadow, so it isn't coming from any angle but dead on. It isn't the shadow of the camera person because the light source comes from the Mom's right (again MY left).
Of course, you already knew it was 'authentic' 😆 but, I thought perhaps I'd present some reasons as to why I believe you caught something rare on film. 😊
PinkAngel (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-25)
What an amazing photo! Everyone should take a look at it. Keep us posted and I'm sending your mom healing vibrations. Take care
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-25)
Good Morning all!
It's 6:54AM here in Wintery South Africa, my office feels like a freezer. Thanks so much for the comments guys.
Valkricry
I wanted to ask if you might have taken a peek at the picture? I think I'm going to send the link as an attachment so they can load the pic onto the story for me. I'm asking because mom has never felt sensitive to spirits, but she immediately saw Gran in the picture the day I took it.

Fearless
I have quite a few stories of my three resident ghosties, and I'm happy to say I have no problem with them being there, especially considering only 1 of them is actually connected to the house. That's the litle boy who I named Kiddo. The other 2, Charlie and Gran, are our guardians, they passed on but came back of their own free will to look out for us. So we are quite content with them being there, I have no want or need to drive any of them away. I hope this makes sense to you?
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-24)
triden07,
Its good to have your grandmother watching over her. Great story!
Fearless (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-24)
Sure Valkicry I will the prob us I'm new here so I'm not completely adjusted
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-06-24)
Fearless: I suggest you read triden's other accounts as well. 😉

Triden, I'm sorry to hear your Mom contracted malaria. I hope she recovers quickly. I'm glad she knows it's gran coming to her. I'm sure all your ghosties are being extra careful not to scare/startle her, and she feels the love and care they surely are emitting.
Fearless (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-24)
Well I guess you are pretty lucky to be guarded by ghosts well overall its good but you have got an amazing point that you may say or do something that may upset them so to rest them in peace you can call a holy guy to get a chek up on your house and tell the spirits to leave you in peace and you can start a new life with nothing to bother you its just a suggestion if you do like the ghosts as your friends then its your choice but Id suggest you to have them rest in peace it could be best decision for you and them 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: