You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The White Lady Of Burger King

Real Ghost Stories

The White Lady Of Burger King

 

It's been a while.

For a while things had calmed down in my life with the supernatural, but as of the last couple of years all kinds of bizarre events are happening. I thought some would make great stories to share with you, but I'm starting with an ongoing saga of what we have dubbed "The White Lady" at my Burger King.

I've worked for the company a year now, and both locations I have been at were haunted. While there's not much story to the first store I was at, what I've experienced on the night shift, along with others, at my current store? Is something straight from a horror movie.

It started simple enough. One night, while I was manning the front counter I noticed a young woman in her twenties waving to get my attention. She had what I'd best describe as a formal white gown on from the flapper days and long blonde hair. I explained I'd be right with her, and turned away less than a second. In the time I'd taken to turn back around - she was gone.

I assumed I was just exhausted, and wrote it off until a month later. My co workers and I were discussing ghosts, and while asking if a friend believed in them she mentioned she'd seen one at work. When I asked the story - I'll give you one guess as to the specter she described. That's right, the same lady, the same wave, even standing in the same place.

It really creeped us out - but we didn't think much of it. But apparently, the woman knew we'd seen her because that's when the haunting began in earnest.

It started as little things. To this day, I see her in the lobby doing various things. Whether it be waving me down again, sitting in a booth staring out the window, or dancing as if she's at the most elegant one person ball I had seen. Other people claimed to see her too, including one employee who I'd never seen so spooked in my life.

Overall, however, she seemed to keep to herself so we let her be. About a month after her frequent appearances, however, things started to become less "Casper" and more "Poltergeist".

One night, after I had clocked out and went home. One of my employees was waiting for a ride and swore to me as she was walking around, something followed her. Loud, heavy footsteps, that she said made her blood run cold. I found this a little eerie but thought nothing of it even after she quit no longer wishing to work the night shift.

Then came my disturbing experience. At about 11:55 only 5 minutes until closing, I was taking orders. I had told the current car that I didn't have a specific item they wanted. What I was greeted by was THE most blood-curdling scream I have ever heard in my life. Like the sound of a woman in a horror movie just moments before being taken out by some man in a mask.

I threw off my headset. Thinking it was just someone in the car. And as the car, who didn't want the food, drove off. I noticed distinctly that there was only one passenger in the car... A man. Understandably I was visibly shaken and thanked god that I never got another car before I was able to take it off for the night.

After that, her appearances became far more frequent. My GM was skeptical but becoming less so with every team member that seemed to come forward having heard a strange sound, or seemingly seen someone who just wasn't there.

Fast-forward to last night. We had already closed the dinning room for the night and I was cleaning when clear as day - I heard her for the first time. "Excuse me, sir?" Came a woman's loud voice. I turned around - but though there were two women there both were on their phones and finishing their meals. Neither had any idea what I was talking.

Then tonight, came what I call the escalation. I came into work to my GM telling me "Ok I think I believe you about your ghost." I asked what happened. And according to her, both managers this morning, while the store was completely empty swore up and down that they heard someone shout the ASM's name. After a thorough search, they found absolutely no one in the store. Which apparently spooked her out. She had previously written it off having worked the night shift and not seen a thing.

Then tonight, as we were doing our usual work. My co worker turned to me and asked if I could hear someone crying. At first I was too busy to notice, but before long, I heard gross sobbing - again; a woman's. I stood there dumbstruck, and asked another co worker who heard the same thing. Our only female co worker there was standing right beside me straight faced and handing out food in the drive thru.

It continued for a good five minutes.

Supposedly, our Burger King is built near what was once an old cemetery if my older co worker is to be believed. But honestly, none of us know where to begin to figure out who the white lady is. And most are too afraid of finding out to call up a paranormal team. I only hope she is as friendly as she first appeared and her creepier interactions are indeed harmless.

I'll be sure to update with a Part II or more if and when things continue to get strange.

Other hauntings by Cman710

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cman710, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-04-23)
Hi Cman710

Indeed this is a really creepy crazy story, you mentioned that your older co-worker said that your place of work was built near an old cemetery, I'd think there's more than one spirit if that's the case, nonetheless your experiences are a scary thing to happen to anyone.

I'm really looking forward to your next encounter.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
3 years ago (2021-04-23)
Hello Cman710,

That was such a spooky post.

I couldn't help but feel like the lady was wearing a bridal gown and perhaps she was trying to communicate something that happened to her before she had a chance to marry her groom. Perhaps that's why she still wears her white gown still hoping for her groom to come?

I look forward to part II.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Best wishes,
😘 ❤
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-04-23)
I've got a huge part two coming. I've been going through some stuff or it'd have been up already. But be prepared.
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-01-25)
An update for this is coming. With a second ghost and even more spooky activity, especially the last three or four days have been active as hell.
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-10-16)
We call her the white lady because she wears a white flapper dress it was an old party dress. And she does look like a totally normal person which always caught me off guard.

Either way I can almost guarantee a Part II eventually. Things have escalated and there are now her AND a male spirit we know of. But I'm waiting to see how things play out before making Part II.
MrsRamsay (guest)
+3
3 years ago (2020-10-10)
Fun story. I have a dumb question.

Is the "white lady" a lady who is dressed all in white, or glowing, or just a racially white lady? I started wondering halfway through your story and now it's driving me crazy that I don't know!

In EITHER case, it's super interesting. Does she look like a ghost would look, or like a normal lady? I wonder why she's hanging around?
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-10-06)
We've definitely thought about looking at footage. We'll see if we can talk the boss into it one of these days!

It also gets even MORE interesting because we now know there's a male ghost as well. According to my boss and ASM the voice they heard was male. And I believe I saw the apparition a few days ago, but I'm 50/50 if it was connected. If it is, I'm sure I'll find out and make a Part II about this mysterious man we know nothing about now.
Lorenzo (3 stories) (21 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-10-06)
Sounds really creepy. I would move jobs. Good story though.
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-10-03)
Hi Cman710, great story. I've always loved these kinds of sightings at popular restaurants because there are so many stories as there are more witnesses, good validation to the people who see it and it always makes for a fascinating account! Might be good for business too as if word gets around, people tend to flock to haunted places nowadays, though admittedly a formal investigation during business hours may have the opposite effect. I agree with LightMight, someone should review any camera footage, CCTV, it might yield some interesting evidence. You may pick up further evidence of your encounters at the times they took place, especially if these experiences take place at regular intervals/times. If this white lady has attempted to get your attention by waving at you guys, who knows how far she might have gone on camera. Cameras and audio have also famously picked up things the naked eyes and ears cannot! Maybe if the place is frequented by some of the older folks in the area, they may be able to shed light on what may have happened in/on that location to yield such interesting paranormal phenomena. I know in my town, the older generation tends to hang out every morning at the local Mcdonalds to swap stories and catch up. It seems to be the case for every town I've lived in and near. Can't wait to hear more!
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-10-03)
Hi Cman710,

I think what's really interesting about your story is that there are several other people who have witnessed and experienced the same type of activity in the same place you have! It's amazing really, because you have people who can validate your story and the experiences you've had there. Although, I did crack up when I read your first paragraph, where you mentioned you dubbed your saga, "'The White Lady' at my Burger King" 😆 I'll admit that it could've been me on a Friday - Burger King makes great shakes!

I'm really curious if you have any CCtv/DVR at your workplace? If you do, maybe you can ask your GM if they would be willing to look at any footage to see if the camera's captured anything? Legally you probably wouldn't be able to share any video here, but it might give you some visual evidence as further proof, in case a team ever comes by to help.

Take Care, LightMight

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: