You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Cats And Spirits, Demon?

Real Ghost Stories

Cats And Spirits, Demon?

 

Not sure if I'm a truly a believer in all thing paranormal, I think a lot of it can be explained if it's look at, let's say, in the light of day. I have had a few strange experiences but I can't say for certain if anything paranormal has really happened to me. I just happened across this site with the Halloween season coming up and it intrigued me. I read a few stories about cats and spirits and it reminded me of something that happened when I was a teenager living at home.

At that time we had a big black tom cat called Mr. Bones, he was big and tough enough that he actually frightened some people and fought dogs but he was always gentle with me. Sometimes he would sleep on my bed usually in the crook of my arm since I sleep on my side at night and it was one of these nights that this event happened.

It was late at night in the fall and I was woken up by something landing heavily on the end of my bed, since Mr. Bones had been sleeping on the bed, I thought it was him returning after leaving for a while. That is until I heard Mr. Bones hissing near my head and looking down I saw something with red eyes at the other end. It kind of reminded me of a raccoon, but no animal could have somehow gotten into the house, the windows were down. Mr. Bones went after whatever it was and chased it away.

A little while afterwards, Mr. Bones passed away, but for several nights I could feel him jump on the bed purring loudly. He always would purr very loudly. Never felt threatened by this spirit, almost like it was making sure I was safe. Has anyone else had a pet protect them?

Other hauntings by mrmonty

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mrmonty, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kaykay3313 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
This story is very sweet, and how awesome is that cat to protect you from some red eyed creature. Reminds me of my fiance's cat that just passed about a year ago, his name was Z and he used to fight with dog's and was really tough as well. Thanks for the read. Kaykay3313 😁
mrmonty (8 stories) (48 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-14)
rookdygin,
I read your account of "A Family Guardian Passes" and it reminds me of something else strange that happened in regards to Mr. Bones. We had Mr. Bones for quite a few years (15 I think) and we were not going to get another cat after him. He became sick (a tumor) and a couple days before we took him to the vet another cat was hanging outside our house. We took Mr. Bones to the vet and the tumor had spread too far and we had to put him to sleep, after we buried Mr. Bones the other cat, who we called Puzzle, came to the door and started crying to be let in, like he was taking Mr. Bones's place on duty.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-12)
Hello mrmonty! I had never experience or seen ghosts of any animal though I had strong believe that as like humans, animals too shows their presence after life to whom they loved the most.
Thanks for sharing your experience & also Welcome to YGS.

With best regards & ❤
maula_lahorie (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-11)
mrmonty,
Love ones never leave if they have been passed away they will be with you in your mind and in your heart and even sometimes protecting you this is only true love towards your cat
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-09)
Yes they do.

I do not refer to many of my experiences like this but please go to my profile and read 'A Family Guardian Passes' I think you will understand why when you read it.

Thank you for sharing and Welcome to YGS.

Respectfully,

Rook
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-10-09)
mrmonty,
I like this story. I think many pets are protective of 'their' person. There are a great many accounts that speak of animals being more sensitive then people to the paranormal (and I believe they are) so it doesn't surprise me that Mr. Bones reacted to the what-ever you saw, paranormal or not.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-09)
They are so devoted to us in life... I have heard of animal familiars that have intercepted curses and taken the ill will upon themselves to guard their owner... Yes, they're very intuitive, animals like people can be psychic and magical. My mums little dash hound died when my mum was seventeen, until she left home to get married, she would hear the clicking of that dogs toenails as it ran up the hallway to meet her... Only the sound. I like the name Mr Bones. My cats called Ghost.
mrmonty (8 stories) (48 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-09)
I do miss that cat, and to this day I'm not certain what it could have been.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-09)
Aw, that is very sweet. While the eyes could have been attached to a number of things, it's very sweet that the cat was protecting you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: