You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Cat Comes Back To Life - Like Pet Cemetery

Real Ghost Stories

Cat Comes Back To Life - Like Pet Cemetery

 

Before I start, I just want to let you know that this is my dad's story. I've only heard it a couple of times. It's not a story that comes up often. This took place a long tome ago I was not born yet.

I'm not sure how old my dad was at the time but he was an adult, and I'm guessing he was almost or around 30 years old at the time. He was doing something at his buddy's house (there were a couple other people but they were inside.) My dad and his friend found a a black cat on the side of the road (maybe it was on the side, I'm not sure), and it was or at least it appeared to be dead, it was hit by a car. They weren't going to leave it there because that's not something you want to see when you drive by, so they moved it so they could bury it.

They didn't check to make sure it was dead before burying it because it looked pretty dead. He said it was all bloody and one of its hind legs was pretty much gone. But they buried it and went inside the house.

A few minutes later there was a noise at the door and they opened the door and what do you know the cat they just buried is alive or at least half alive at the door. They were shocked. My dad's friend decided to take care of it. He "put it out of its misery". He dug a lot deeper of a hole and came back and said, that thing ain't coming back out of the ground this time. And one of the other people in the house (I think it was a woman) was still so shocked he/she asked was that really just buried twice?

So what do you guys think of this? I didn't believe it at first but my dad is not the kind of guy to make up stories like that. Does anyone have a different explanation for this? Have any of you guys who've read this had anything happen like this?

Other hauntings by Sam222

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sam222, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-21)
Wish-not-- thanks. I just submitted one of my experiences not sure when it will be posted. Hopefully soon.

To whom may concern:
Those who think my storie is crazy and fiction, I understand that and I didn't really want to believe either because I love animals and I don't like to think about animals like this story does because it's horrible. I would never make up Astoria like this about animals because I love them and it would be cruel. I would never take the time to write storie like this that would be fake, because it puts images in my head I don't like to see. I had many cats that have died, disappeared and had to be put down for the most horrible things. I have three cats today. And it also puts and image of one of the most horrify things I ever witnessed: When I was 9 I watched my dog get hit by a gas truck will waiting for the school bus, and as he got hit he made the most terrible noise ever. And my last dog had seizure and died 3 years ago. I'm sorry, I don't want to talk about this anymore.
Thanks for the honest opinions though I appreciate it. 😁
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-21)
Sam222. Thanks for getting back with us. Sorry it has taken me this long to see it. I appreciate your honesty on the details and sharing what you did know. That would have been an odd moment.

Ready for some of your experiences.

Ready for someone's. I've been a little TOO lazy to write some more of my own. But I will. Their happening all the time.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-16)
Wish-Not - You are right I'm sure it has lost lots of details over the years, and that's too bad I didn't have all the details to explain the story better, but I did manage to write what wasn't lost over the years. Sorry for the lack of info. I'm not the one to leave things incomplete, it's one of my pet peeves, but there was nothing I could do here. I have a few other things I'm going to post and they will be much more accurate, for these will be my experiences not my someone else that happened before I was alive.
Oh and yes the noise at the door: I don't know and I don't want to know what noise it made. All my dad said was that they heard a noise. I Didn't question that, and I don't want too. I don't want to know what a suffering cat sounds like. Thanks for your opinion, I appreciate it, I like people who like to share there opinions, because everyone's opinions matter.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-16)
Hi Sam, I had seen that movie pet semetary. Just let you know that I loves animals and its made me cry to see animals tormete and abuse etc cruelty but they do need to be checking before buries. I know that movie is prented but I had seen real life on Facebook for as long I live its really hurt me to see it. Like other post say that he may had been shock due to hit by auto mobile and crawling try to heal or passed. Which its very sad.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-15)
Sam222- Well I have to say with all the "not sure", "guessing", "maybe's" and "I think"s...it would be a story that has lost a lot of detail over the years. Sad thing about that is there is really not much to go on.
Stories can change over the years. Especially if not told often as you said.
Curious to what kind of noise a wounded cat would make at a door though.
elnoraemily (guest)
+3
9 years ago (2014-10-15)
As someone who owns three cats, two of which are pure black cats, I find black cat stories a bit distasteful. That is my personal opinion, though- the whole reinforcing a false stereotype thing.

Black cats are very, very common. Cats getting hit by cars is also sadly common. I don't see why he would automatically assume that it was the same cat- especially since my two kitties look almost identical except for the shape of their eyes.

It is possible that it was alive and crawled out of a shallow grave, but not probable. Cats prefer to die alone.

The explanation is pretty simple- I don't think it was the same cat.
Sonali007 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-15)
I completely agree with valkricry regarding the behavioural pattern of cats. I 've had many pet cats at my house. One of my cats tried to get out of the house when it fell sick. Though we managed to stop it and took it to the vet, it died the same day so I guess it was trying to seek solitude during its final moments.

As for the story, regardless of it being exaggerated or not, I am heartbroken for all the pain the cat had to go through.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-15)
Sam, I'm not going to cry 'fiction' at your account because weird stuff does happen, but going by animal behavior patterns a stray extensively injured animal would not show up at their door. Even pets tend to seek solitude when passing or ill. A cat injured to the extent you describe, if able to climb up out of a grave would have crawled under some bushes to finish dieing or to try to heal.
Now, it is possible that the cat was never dead to begin with. It may have gone into a type of shock when hit by the car and having its leg mangled. The hole they placed it in would have had to been extremely shallow for it to dig its way out. Shallow as in barely covering it.Then, I suppose it may have ignored basic instinct and gone to the house, perhaps to hide under the porch. But, I think your Dad may have exaggerated things a bit.
nadinucca (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-15)
How can you say that story is cute? That's a terrible heartbreaking story and if it's true I can only feel for the poor animal and all the suffering it went through!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-14)
Welcome to YGS.
You should know that parents tell their kids some little lies like Santa Klaus, the tooth fairy, Easter Bunny and Rudolph.
In my opinion this poor little black cat falls within these kind of creatures.

Really, if the kitty was "... Pretty dead. He said it was all bloody and one of its hind legs was pretty much gone..." And on top of that buried in a hole and covered with dirt, -How could it managed to dig itself out and walk to the door? 😲

Your story is cute and spooky, in a way; thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: