You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: An Out Of Body Point Of View

Real Ghost Stories

An Out Of Body Point Of View

 

This event occurred around 5 1/2 years ago when I used to live Bridgeton. I am writing this because I'm not really sure what happened, why it happened, what the explanation is, and what this is called. It gives me a weird feeling thinking about it today, but as it happened I thought it was pretty cool.

It happened on a day where I was just really tired, and my mother and I were the only ones home that day. I was taking a nap on the couch, and when I woke up from my nap it was a little after 6:00 p.m. (I'm not sure why I remember the time so well). I could see that my mom was on the computer off to the side of the room, and that on the other side of the room the big TV was on the Discovery Channel and Deadliest Catch was on. So, as you can see, I do remember this day quite well.

So anyway, everything in the room looked okay, but the way I was viewing the room did not look right. I realized that I was not viewing my surroundings from where my eyes where located. Because I was laying down my head was like two feet off the floor, but I saw things from way above that. I was seeing the living from what seemed like ceiling height. I could tell it was about that high because I was looking down in things.

I thought it was really weird but cool at the same time. After a few minutes, this "point of view" stopped. I wanted to see if it would happen again so I just kind of went back to sleep for no longer than two minutes, I don't think it was even one minute. And when I woke up again I had that different point of view again. But off course it went away again after a short amount of time. I repeated this around 10 times over again and worked, but after around 15-20 minutes of this it stopped it wouldn't happen anymore, and it hasn't happened again since.

So what is this? Can you guys please try answer the questions I asked in the first paragraph? It would be helpful. I would also love to here your opinions. Thank you.

Other hauntings by Sam222

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sam222, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Mjr_Winters (17 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-29)
Happy to help sir!... 😁

Don't forget to pray that's the best...

PEACE!

~Major
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-29)
Notjustme,
Thank you for the information, and yes I do notice that during naps dreams are more vivid, I never understood why though, but thanks for pointing that out.
Mjr_Winters (17 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
nice experience bro...I've got an experience too like that, but this one is a long journey... I mean I remember it but It took so long in an astral projection... I am resting in my couch (our house is since 1912 (narra wood)) and suddenly I saw my body sleeping, I saw my friends laughing and my uncle cooking, My dog is barking outside, but one thing I that catch my attention, My cat is watching me... I was surprised that he sees me that time... Anyway I'm sure it will happen again and I will write about my experiences here... I am from Philippines, By the way and I'm an adopted... I've done a research on an astral projection they say it will working depending on your hormones and body relaxation... And it will also work easily when sometimes you go to sleep and not thinking anything, I mean anything (empty mind). Sorry for those phrases...

Thanks... And hope to see your next experience in that "astral projection" 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
sunshantkar - I don't know if I agree with you that meditation leads to astral projection. I do believe that in order to astral project, your body needs to be relaxed. However, I know people that meditate, and have been for many years, and they've never experienced anything remotely close to astral projection.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
I agree with Aggers on astral projection. I learned that it's actually during naps we are more likely to accidentally get into that. Ever notice your dreams are extra vivid and lively during naps? This happens for me, but not astral. Very cool experience.

This may be of interest to you my friend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VB6h_bWR3Y
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
mrmonty,
Oh wow, I thought you meant like elementary school, but yeah I know where the Brighton academy is and I used to practice there for baseball, I'm not even out of school yet I'm in eleventh grade I'll graduate next year.
And yeah Bridgeton is a wonderful place but weird stuff does happen there, there's a few houses I never been in but are abandoned that I don't feel to good about. There's one, I'm not sure if it's haunted or not but if you are coming from Naples or windham and those towns over ther and you take a left at the big intersection onto maine street then go all the way to the end at the top of the hill where the statue is, then take a right and right after the building you can go ice skating is this weird creepy White House that no one has lived in for years as far as I know. And Bridgeton also has one of the houses of Stephan king one the the creepiest scaryeiest horror writers of all time.
Thanks for commenting I never thought I would hear from someone who's been in Bridgeton at I time or lived in the town!:D
mrmonty (8 stories) (48 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
Sam222,
I went to school up there (Bridgeton Academy-Mass Hall) about 20yrs ago. Weird stuff has been going on in that area a long time
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
Sushantkar,
No I did not participate or do any meditation, I never have. I know what it is but at that time this happened I didn't no much about Paranormal, Esp, Mediums, spirituality, and all the stuff.
And I was very conscious at that time of when this was going on (if you remeber I said in the story I could tell what show was on TV) so I'dont think What you said in that 3rd sentence.
Is there anything else that can cause "astral Projection"?
Is there a way to do it easily?
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
To Sam222- Have you done/participated in meditation that time? Because Astral projection is an extension of meditation. May be at that moment you had that sort of a unconscious mental stage to perform Astral projection.
Although it is my perception.

With warm regards
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
Shushantkar,
Thank you I was think at one time that's what it was but I wasn't sure.
But why did it happen?
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
Hello Sam222! I read your experience. I think that you have experienced an 'Astral projection'.Astral projection is an interpretation of out-of-body experience in which body separate from the physical body and is capable of travelling outside it.

With warm regards
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
Aggers,
I did not feel heaviness or vibrations (not that I remeber). But is wear ther was something I felt but I can't remember, but I know it wasn't vibrations or heaviness.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
mrmonty,
No I did not have a fever, it was just a day when I was sleepy and decided to take a nap.

By the way how long ago did you go too school in Brighton?
Aggers (2 stories) (30 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
Maybe it was a little of astral projection?

Did your body feel any type of vibrations or heaviness as your point of view changed?
mrmonty (8 stories) (48 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
Sam222,
Just a quick question, you said you were really tired-how where you otherwise, any type of fever? Your mind can play all kinds of tricks, That being said, I used to go to school up in Bridgeton, and a lot of weird stuff happens in that place, a couple times to me and/or people I know. I might right about it later. Interesting.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: