You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: White Woman Of Singapore Mrt

Real Ghost Stories

White Woman Of Singapore Mrt

 

One day, I had an appointment at Clarke at noon. I finished the meeting with my client early and being near Orchard Road, I went for shopping. By the evening I got ready to go back to the flat (the same flat which is in my story "An Invisible House-mate"). I was filled with dread due to the previous experiences there and as I boarded the train for NS line from Orchard Station, my friend Louise called me on my cell phone. We talked for a while and then she invited me over for a movie & dinner at her house. As we were long time childhood friends, I was delighted to spend some time with her.

And with that, I changed the train (Earlier I was going in the opposite direction in the NS line) and now I boarded the train to Sembawang on the same NS line.

I reached Toa Payoh station and loads of people rushed in to catch a seat. While the train started, I could see from the window, a middle-aged woman standing at the platform just looking inside the compartment. She was wearing a kebaya, kind of bluish-grayish white. She had unkempt but jet-black hair. I kept on staring at her because she looked pale white as if she had severe anemia. I think her face looked almost the same as her blouse. I kept staring at her as I thought it was very unusual for any woman to be so pale. And then the train sped away and I got back to playing Subway Surf on my cell phone.

I was distracted by the people getting up to get out at Bishan station. As the train halted, I saw the same woman on the platform. I got shocked as I clearly saw her on Toa Payoh platform and she was here again at Bishan at the speed of the train. It was highly unlikely that she reached Bishan station so fast and I kept looking at her. But she just stood on the platform without fidgeting when people passed her by. The train doors closed and she didn't board the train again. And I wondered why she traveled from Toa Payoh to Bishan without any intention to board the train and just stand at the platform. I kept staring at her (she was still standing at the platform) from the window and the train started in full swing. I again went back to another game of Subway Surf when the lady sitting right to me elbowed me while opening her purse. I looked at her and she apologized but that's when I looked toward the right side of the compartment and to my surprise, that pale woman was standing inside the compartment, near the door.

Now at this moment, I still can't explain to myself, how that woman defied the laws of physics as last time I saw her she was outside on the platform. The train doors are obviously closed shut before the train starts to speed away, then how on Earth is it possible for her to board the train? And she was clearly standing outside on the platform and no way in the train. And I could see her outside except when she disappeared from my view from the window's edge. While, I sat there in total shock rethinking what I am seeing, I still kept staring at her. The passengers near her seemed indifferent about her presence. And she had the same expression throughout the time she was standing there. And her hair which seemed unkempt from the front was nicely tied in a loose hanging bun which came until the center of her shoulder blades at the back. But from the thickness of her hair bun, it seemed like she had long hair.

Except for when she caught me staring at her. She moved her head to left to look at me. Her movement seemed as if someone was turning a puppet's head on its neck. At that time, when our eyes interlocked, I felt the dread that I have never ever felt in my entire existence. Her eyes color were the lightest shade of gray. It was like the meanest of all the eyes I had ever come in contact with. I was filled with the emotions of grief or something on the lines of envy. I lowered my eyes and fixed it on my cell phone and tried to refocus my mind. But I kept looking at her dress's bottom and then another electric shock ran through my body. I couldn't see her feet. Normally, someone who's wearing a kebaya, you can see their feet. But it seemed she didn't have feet at all.

And then, the train halted at Ang Mo Kio station. I managed to look up to find out whether the incoming passengers can see her or not. And as I looked up, she had gone. It took like nano-second for her to disappear even before the train doors had opened. At that moment, realizing that it's impossible to get out without the train doors opening and that she vanished in the moment I rolled my eyes up to look at her, I just froze in terror. I looked around to see if anyone else also saw that or not but nobody seemed to be influenced by the woman. (Or maybe they couldn't see her). At this point, I was horribly scared. This was the second incident for me in which something (in this case someone) vanished in thin air. Though I didn't see her vanish but she was there at one moment, and like a micro-second later, she wasn't there. It wasn't humanly possible to get out of the train or get into the train.

So I put on my headphones & music and closed my eyes shut so as to not see anything else. I got out at Sembawang station. As soon as I reached at Louise's house, I told her everything about this event. At first she joked that I rode with a Pontianak and I gave her a smack on her arm. (Pontianak is a bloodthirsty ghost of a woman and quite popular ghost in South East Asia.) But after calming me down and realizing that I was actually frightened to my core, she told me that the pale woman could be the White Ghost of Ang Mo Kio MRT station.

And when I checked it on internet, I found out that almost all the stations I crossed today on my way to Sembawang are supposedly haunted and yes, white woman is one of them. It was rather amusing as how can ghosts haunt a train and station? But it was written that white ghost targets lonely people. But I was in a filled compartment so why did I only see her?

Other hauntings by AngeLeeS

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Singapore

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AngeLeeS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fenrispro (58 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-05-23)
Oh I see u have stories in diff countries HK and even Sg? Did u migrate for work?

That's quite creepy to see the ghost in daytime! Coz being yin they can't possibly survive when the sun is up. Could it be residual?
AngeLeeS (8 stories) (20 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-12)
[at] sushantkar & [at] Montu Thank you for the info. I would research more about the past life connection though it looks highly unlikely. Though personally I do not believe in reincarnations but can't be so sure about it.

[at] sheetal I do not know about the "star" but yes, one of my indian friend does call me a ghost magnet. After having a chat with her, I came to realize that all my life I have seen the paranormal entities. The site I saw it was a blog of a guy who had written an article about the Woodleigh MRT and the controversy why it hadn't opened for so long. He had written about all the possible causes & the haunted stations. But now, I'm not able to find that guy's blog anymore.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-10)
Hey TinAA... Thanks for link... It's really interesting yar. It could be a part of ghost tourism.
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-10)
[at] Sheetal - Hi Sheetal... You can see the videos related to Ang Mo Kio MRT station by entering the below link in your browser. You will get to know about it.

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNiydNaDkxA
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2014-12-10)
Hey, AngeLeeS Truly scary story, Trains and stations are the place where accident occurs many time. So it is not big deal they are haunted. Even in Mumbai, Division of Central railway. Which comes mostly in Mumbai suburb. There are one tunnel between Dombiwali and Thane where only fast local train can pass. It is said that one girl did suicide by jumping out from train at late 11 pm. So sometimes people see her entity, one seconds she seems to sit on the train seat and when tunnel comes she jumps out.

And your question, Why you can only see her. I think you have a 'Star' (Nakhastra, you have lived in India so I think you must idea bout it) to see such kind of entity. So you was the only who can see her.

One more thing can you please share link of that articles which you've find during internet search. I would like to read it.

And Please pardon my grammatical errors as I am not so fluent in English.

Regards,
Montu (1 stories) (12 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2014-12-08)
U could be having some past life connections with her. In our religion all the people or entities for that matter, one meets in his/her entire lifetime are connected through their previous life in one way or the other
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-08)
Hi AngeLeeS! It was a nice story you shared with us. What I think she had shown her self up because she wanted to meet with you to resolve some of her problems or just to meet with you because you have that kind of state of mind amongst those persons who were at you surroundings.
Never the less, the above points are only my perception.

Thanks & Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: