You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ghost Who Had My Sons Back

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost Who Had My Sons Back

 

So this story isn't as warm and fuzzy as my last one, but it has a good ending. All the names in this story are changed.

My son Dude and I had moved to Tennessee with my boyfriend Frank in '06. We moved into a dilapidated old rental house, fixing it up was part of rent. The place was pretty nice as it was; only one bedroom was totally broken down, part of the roof caved in, and mould everywhere in that room. It had a big living room/dining room, a big kitchen off of that, and the bedroom, bathroom, bedroom circled around the whole thing all connected to each other by doors. We all slept in the one good bedroom, on bed rolls while working on the house, so we were all side by side at night. I should also mention that Frank was an alcoholic and would get abusive with everybody, yelling at Dude a lot.

When we first moved in, it was pretty average. Frank had slowed down his drinking, we worked on the house, had people over, and it was nice. Then Frank met people, drank more, and got mean. Then weird things happened. My son irritated him for some reason, and he would go into a rage for the slightest thing, and when he did, we would always hear this crack in the bathroom, like somebody punching the tile.

One night at dinner Dude spilled some of his water when he set it down, and while Frank was yelling at him for this, the beer that he was holding just slipped out of his hand spilling spectacularly all over the floor.

Frank was always upset about the movies Dude watched, they were too childish, or not manly or something, but he ejected one out and turned around to shout at Dude, and woops the movie was playing again. He said I turned it back on, "there's the trouble right there..." and while he was watching, the movie slid back in by itself and started playing. That night Frank woke me up about midnight or so, and said "Hey, you need to find out what Dude is doing in the bathroom for so long." I Said, "He's not in the bathroom, Frank, he's right here beside us." Frank said," He just walked right past my feet and woke me up and walked into the bathroom there, and has been there for thirty minutes! I know what I saw." The shouting was getting louder, we're all awake now and the door to the bathroom popped open loudly and just swung to.

For the next week we were getting regaled with movies turning on and off at any time of day, footsteps walking through the bedroom, Frank kept losing his beer. Then, while we all were in the living room. I saw a skinny kid; about twelve maybe, walk from our front door and into the bedroom. This kid looked solid, in a pair of jeans and a long-sleeved checked shirt, and he did look kind of like my son. I thought it might be a friend of my son's, and I said "Hey buddy, what are you doing?" And Frank asked me who I was talking to. I said "The kid that just walked into our bedroom." He said "Was he skinny and looked about twelve years old? " That was who he saw the week before. That was who kept knocking Franks beer out of his hands, and made occasional appearances in our home until Frank left us. Then the kid still made an appearance now and again, but it was peaceful.

I called a friend of mine and we both figured the kid had done us a favour, and there were better places he could be. So we, Dude my friend and myself, got together one evening and plaid one of his favourite movies, and sat down in the bedroom, all of us with the light in the corner whom we assumed was the skinny kid, and told him thank you. And if he didn't have any more attachment to us, maybe he should go to the light. That was it, we never heard any more from him.

We later learned that there had been a family that lived there before who had a son with polio. He was very skinny from atrophy from the polio. He was known to be friendly and tried to get out as much as possible, but became weaker and weaker and eventually died in that house. The house had originally been built around a central fireplace that opened into the kitchen and the living room, with smaller hearths in the bedrooms. At the time we made our goodbyes we asked him why he (as the light ball) always hung out in the same corner of the bedroom? We felt he said he liked it there because it was warm, and he was always cold. That corner would have been where the fireplace was. Hope he's in warm sunny places, he's a nice kid and was a great help.

Other hauntings by Swimsinfire

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Swimsinfire, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-28)
Swimsinfire- Thank you for sharing this experience. It was a touching story and a little sad at first. It's always sad to learn about children spirits who linger and don't know what to do. It was a great thing you guys helped him move towards the light. God bless
Notjustme
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-06)
You and your son were so lucky to have a caring, compassionate and protective spirit. I hope that he is bathing in the light on the other side. Some spirits show more love and compassion towards us than some of the living and I hope that we can all learn from it.
anjarey (3 stories) (14 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
Kariorit...i guess youve never made any mistakes in your life, you must be the perfect human being than! How is your comment helpfull or anything in this case? 😠

OT: I really liked this story 😊 it was sweet how the boy took care of your son, that shows to people that not all ghost are evil!
DelzLdy (2 stories) (50 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-03)
kariorit - I would like to know who died and left you as God?!?! You need to walk a mile in her shoes before you start passing judgment! If you have never lived in an abusive relationship you have no idea of the physiological damage it can cause.
kariorit (1 stories) (23 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-22)
And you stayed with a man who was yelling at your son all the time in a rage for exactly what reason?

Sounds like the ghost took better care of "dude" that you were doing...

I do hope that you've "lost" Frank... He's not worth risking your son for...
JennZ (72 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-21)
I'm glad the little Boy helped you out of that situation... I know it could of been a lot worse... Maybe that was the reason he was still here, to help you and your son...
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-21)
Yes Beautifuleden, and he wasn't thrilled with me at first. I like to paint, and a project I had done got knocked to the floor once, and a few other things like that. Then I seriously sat down and apologized to him and said I didn't know how to get out of this situation peacefully without Frank hassling us. That's when the fit hit the shan for Frank. You guys got it right, I think he saw an opportunity to save the day and he did.
beautifuleden (2 stories) (66 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-02-21)
Gosh if someone treated my child like that, I would have told them where to go myself! Glad that all worked out in the end x
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-20)
Swimsinfire,
You were very lucky you had such a nice ghost. When he was alive and ill he probably yearned to do something helpful. Every kid dreams of being a hero like a police officer or firefighter. He obviously didn't like Frank and wanted to save you and your son. He came back once in awhile to make sure Frank didn't come back.
It's good that you thanked him and told him to go into the light if he had no more attachments to you. But I think you miss him and wish he would come back for a visit, maybe one day he will.
Good story

Regards
RedWolf.
lostghostgal (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-20)
Wow I about get tearfully he sound like a protectfully ghostly son who hate someone abuse the family and thanks for the story I like it.
SebastianRaynes73 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-20)
Swimsinfire,your so very lucky to have had such a special, kind, friendly spirit watching out for you and your son. I bet he scared the life out of Frank, but he sounds like he deserved it for what he did to you and your son. And I am so glad to hear you helped him move on. And I too hope now he is somewhere he is warm and well again.

This story is brilliant.
Sebastian.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: