You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: And Stay Out

Real Ghost Stories

And Stay Out

 

In November (Thanksgiving) of 2004 after being single for a few years, I began dating a man by the name of David. He was a very nice guy and we got along very well. We became close very fast and the kids thought the world of him. It all changed in March of 2005.

Things for some reason went south for us around the beginning of March. We argued all the time over silly things... It just seemed like EVERYTHING he did got on my last nerve, and he felt the same about me. We knew it was ridiculous but we both were on edge. One morning, after a long night of arguing on the phone, I called David up. In that phone call I asked him to come over later that night and retrieve a stack of books he had at my place and in that visit to do so, I was going to break things off.

So, as planned that night (Friday) I came home from work, my Mother came to get the kids for the weekend, and I went over in my head what I was going to say to David. At 7pm a knock at the door came and sure enough he was there. He had calmed down a bit from the argument the night before, Me? Not so much.

Before I could reach the door to let him in, the knob turned and in he came (which made me even more mad). I said to him, "Don't just walk in!" He replied, "You said to come in!" and with that another small bickering started. I had NOT told him to come in, but he swore I had. He started gathering the books and at that time I said to him (and I realize I was being very ugly), "Make sure you get EVERYTHING because you're not coming back!"

As I said that I walked into the kitchen, which was a good ways from the front door. The next thing I know I hear a tumbling of books and a short yelp. I come out of the kitchen and look towards the door and there on the ground, at the bottom of my front steps, with books all around him was David. He was looking into the house with eyes as big as quarters and shocked. My eyes got big too and I was looking at him thinking, "You idiot." He says, "Why would you push me?!" I replied that I hadn't pushed him (and I had NOT). Then he says, "How did you do that? How did you get back into the kitchen so fast?" We were both shocked and he realized that I had nothing to do with the fact that he was sprawled out on the steps surrounded by books. I helped him gather the books and loaded them in his car. We both were silent and both knew SOMETHING had pushed him down those steps. He left and I spent the rest of my weekend pondering the entire situation.

David and I are friends today but he STILL swears he will never step foot in my house again... Not this one anyway.

Other hauntings by KimmieWebb

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KimmieWebb, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Zeromaru (guest)
-1
8 years ago (2016-03-06)
The pushes and pullings! I experienced them too!
Once I was ice skating (explainable because I am on the ice)
Another time, when I was in a gym during a hot summer (maybe I was deoxidized?)
But those are very dangerous! At the same time very scary!
I learnt that living person can give out senses when they have strong thoughts! Pushings and pulls are one of the facts 😨
Did you really hated him that much or do you feel that it was a guardian?
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-07)
[at] kimmiwebb,I've got to say, I'm really enjoying your experiences.
The spirit/spirits do fuel off of negative energy. Whether it be anger,sadness,depression,anxiety. If strong enough or rather it has enough energy it can influence your behavior and others causing irrational behavior etc. I believe this spirit definitely played with your emotions, to get rid of your ex. I have dealt with a lot of that and it's hard to determine what your thoughts are and the spirits if you aren't careful.

Please be very careful with this one.
Thanks for submitting this one!

😊
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-03-22)
Kimmie, from the hints you have given in comments it seems almost like 'It' wanted you to know what it was capable of - physically hurting someone. This could be seen as a power play. An attempt to either increase your fear (for better 'feeding') or to make you too timid to stand up to it. Really hard to say.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-03-20)
Kimmie- I just found this one. Must have missed it last week. I'm right with everyone on this and what you have stated in the comments. I hate to keep referring to my stories, ha, but you mentioned that it turned mean. Same thing with my experience in the "The Big One". Nothing but pure meanness. It took pleasure in scary the poop out of me.

Looking forward to reading yours
KimmieWebb (8 stories) (32 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-20)
Darkangel73,
Yes it is territorial! Every time we move furniture or paint or even do major yard work we have an uproar! Its frustrating 😠. Glad you enjoy the stories and thanks for reading!
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-03-19)
Hi KimmieWebb- Very interesting story, I know for a fact that spirits can make folks argue. I have been living in my current apartment complex 13 yrs, I have been a witness to the activities of other residents whom lived in a particular apartment who would always end up in bad arguments. It is always a man and woman couple who are involved. I don't like to jump the gun about these things, but in my opinion with your story something negative was fueling and feeding off you and David's arguments. I would like to say that maybe the spirit is just territorial of the house, since you said that it doesn't like you either? But whatever the case may be keep safe, I look forward to reading your other stories!
KimmieWebb (8 stories) (32 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-19)
Para-Hunter-I really never thought much of the fact that David was told to "come In". I guess that kind of floated off into the background of everything. Looking back now I bet your right. I, however, heard nothing. I can't think of who or what it may be. It doesn't like me all the time either. You will see in upcoming stories. 😨
Para-Hunter-Anne33 (19 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-19)
This was a very "simply complicated" telling of what happened to Your friend, David. I'm thinking that whoever--- Or WHAT-ever pushed him down the steps was also the phantom voice who told him to "come right in?" strange, but strangely protective in a way. I'd agree with the other commenters--- perhaps a guardian of some type was and still is looking out for you. I hope everything is going okay for you now? And Stay safe in Spirit. SLAEM.
KimmieWebb (8 stories) (32 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-19)
notjustme- Yes he is still alive... Whatever it is must not like my new husband (married 9 years now) either. Haha! Many more stories to come. The stories will eventually take a "mean" turn.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-19)
Hi Kimmie - I guess someone didn't like David? Or is watching over you. IS your ex husband still alive? I've read stories here before about exes watching over and making signs be seen when they didn't approve. Just a guess... I wonder too what it could be.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: