You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: What The Heck Was That?

Real Ghost Stories

What The Heck Was That?

 

Before I tell you what happened to me I have to give a bit of a back story (pun intended).

I have had 3 back surgeries. The first in Nov. 2004 was just to clip 2 disks. They had to refer to them as L-4/5 L-5/S1 because I have an extra vertebrae also called a transitional vertebrae. Then in June of 2006 they had to go back and fuse the same. I already had a fusion in my neck at C-6/7 in '98 but broke 2 Titanium screws,don't ask me how I just did. So I would get little jerks and spasms in my body. Then I had to have MORE back surgery in 2011 because of yet another car accident but put it off for months. This time they had to take out the old fusion and be fused from L-2/S-1. We bought a King size bed with a thick mattress about 2002 so getting in bed wasn't easy for me because I'm only 5'4''. The jerks and spasms were worse almost comical to me now because I never knew whether my leg would just jerk or one of my arms would flail. I have trouble holding a cigarette without dropping it or a pen go flying out of my hand. I know you are going to tell me to quit smoking and I have to because I have to have yet more back surgery because the screws are coming out and I am terrified of having ANY MORE surgery.

This is where it gets a little disconcerting because I have never had a violent spasm or jerk. One morning around a year ago I ended up sleeping on my back. I was barely half awake and all of a sudden I feel like I'm flying out of bed because it was like something wanted me out of bed and flipped me out. After I hit the ground and am mentally checking for injuries aside from some sore spots and twisted back. I just said what the HELL was THAT. It was pretty embarrassing telling my husband because he doesn't believe in the paranormal unless he thinks his deceased father or my grandfather are in the house. How do you believe that 2 deceased relatives visit but nothing else paranormal? It could have been the 2 ghost children we had around (we don't sense them around right now possibly because we have a dog with incurable cancer and we just aren't open to them now?). Or do you think it could have been something or someone else?

Other hauntings by RedWolf

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RedWolf, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-08)
Red, That sounds great. I am happy to help with recuperation healing.

Sometimes a couple of sessions pre-surgery help the surgery go more smoothly. Some things I know I cannot make go away. My energy brings balance where balance is needed which allows the body to do a lot of its own healing. And then there are things I can change. I don't necessarily know what outcome to expect in advance, especially because people have illnesses for many reasons. Just let me know when I can help. ❤

Hecate
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-08)
Hecate,
I really appreciate the offer to help heal my back. But at this point I have to have surgery. There are a couple of screws that are out of the fusion so far that they are visible and if I sit back on something like a wood chair it hurts. After I have the surgery I will e-mail you so we can work on my healing faster.
Thanks again.
Red ❤
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-08)
Hey Red, I am putting this here because I think we may have a bit of a discussion. I am going out on a limb here and offering to perhaps do some healing work on your back. I doubt I can cure your problem, but with backs I usually can reduce swelling, which often reduces some pain. I can also heal little things that need mending. If you would like, we can also have some discussion over e-mail. And feel free to say no. It is just an offer. I have been doing this type of energy healing for 19 years. I do it at a distance, as you can imagine. I often just need to ask questions to confirm what I pick up. Anyway, sorry if I am out of line here. Sending you positives.

Best,
Hecate ❤
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-19)
Tweed
I told him about the fall. I have fallen a couple of times. Once in the winter I stepped over one of my dogs who was laying by the wood stove. I know that my grandfather or father in-law was there because I lost my balance right after stepping over the dog. I would have fallen face first into the hot stove but somehow I did a move that you would see in the Matrix movies. All of a sudden I am twisting, felt the heat from the stove in my hair and on my face then when I'm out of danger of falling on the stove or the cast iron tools I'm flat on my back with the dog safely under my knees. It would have been nice if I was righted but I guess who ever it was only had enough energy to get me away from the hot stove 😆. But as far as falling out of the bed like I said I think my father in-law was playing a prank. He and I were always joking around. I hadn't even thought of that until I read the comments in the thread but it makes the most sense. Especially since it never happened again. When I get leg spasms if I am laying down it's like a kick never a flip it's only my arms that will jerk outward. Thanks for the thoughts though they have cleared up that for me.
Regards
Red
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-19)
ZulaGirl,
We have spirits come and go all of the time. Some of them not so nice so my son and I have ways to get rid of them. As I am sitting here responding I am thinking that it might have been my father in- law. He likes to play practicle jokes and may not have realized how far I would fall. As I said I have never had a spasm that bad before or since.
I have a very high tolerance for pain. I even fell asleep one time whenthe doctor was setting me up and putting needles in my back for RF Oblation. That is where the nerves are burned. I also have to explain that the fusion is usually done through the stomach at the hospital I went to but because I have had 3 C-sections and a histerectomy the surgery would be too dagerous to go through the belly. So essentially it is a backwards fusion. For the past year I have known that I have to quit smoking before I can have more back surgery, some of the screws are working their way out and you can see their protrusion under the skin. I am petrified of more surgery and my 29 year old daughter getting on everyone's nerves because shee goes through her own pain meds she is always asking me for mine. Fights break out when I tell her no and she isn't working so she is on my nerves all the time
Thanks for the thoughts though.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-18)
Oh I forgot to mention the other thing which sprang to mind which was a chiropractor ghost! 😆
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-18)
Hi RedWolf,

Have you or did you see an improvement after this happened? I'm thinking along the same lines as ZulaGirl, the subconscious being extremely powerful and working in your favour.
That, or some weird half sleep/waking spasm. Bit like a falling dream or something like that.

Definitely tell your doctors about this, if you haven't already. It could be related to your back.
Blimey, it sounds like your husband has a bit of selective deafness where ghosts are concerned. That must drive you batty! Maybe he's afraid of the unknown and only feels comfortable with ghosts he's already close to. 😉
ZulaGirl (50 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-18)
I would be surprised if something so violent happened with no activity before or after. Violent paranormal episodes generally happen after quite a bit of build up. Also, the person involved often has a sense of why it happened (history of violence, ghost wants people out, etc.).

Just from reading your post (and as a fellow back injury sufferer), I think it might have been psychosomatic. Some of the back spasms I have had were capable of what you describe. Your post imparts a sense of fear and anxiety, which is understandable.

If you were half-asleep, that is the perfect circumstance for your subconscious to physically manifest a negative reaction to all the trauma you have been through. Or it could have been your subconscious forcing resolution to the situation (i.e. Immediate surgery or an unfixable problem or maybe twisting you in just the right way for a one-in-a-billion recovery). The subconscious can be very much like a spoiled, cranky two year old.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-16)
Hi Val.
I have fallen out of the bed because I was too close to the edge. But this time my left leg flipped over my body and caused me to fall out of bed. The best way to describe it is being flipped like a pan cake. It hasn't happened again. Thankfully I wasn't hurt too bad beside my ego. 😆
We have bought a new adjustable bed from Bobs' furniture after we got our tax return. It is shorter so if I do fall again I won't have as far to fall.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-06-16)
Hi, Red! You've probably already thought of this and dismissed it, but I do wonder, if perhaps you were a bit too close to the edge and in your half-asleep stage, went to move from your back unto your side, and simply fell off the bed? Or did you actually feel someone shove you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: