You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandpa Teddy And His Cardinals

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandpa Teddy And His Cardinals

 

I'm not sure where to begin with this.

My grandfather Teddy passed away years ago. He was the strongest male figure in my life and gave much inspiration for my strength in me.

While I was a young girl my summers were spent at his home in Sunrise Beach, Missouri. My fondest memories were created there. We spent numerous hours watching the many different types of birds and him teaching me about each one. But the one that caught my eye was the male Cardinal. And he knew that to be my favorite bird.

This particular day was exceptionally hard for me. I sat on the couch in the bedroom and started to cry. When I heard a quiet tapping on the window directly behind me.

I turned around because I figured it was a branch from the bush hitting the window. And there he was a beautiful, bright red cardinal. Perched on a branch no more than a few inches away.

I stared at him in shock, for a few seconds. Thinking it's strange this bird hasn't flown away after my movement on the couch.

He turned his head slightly to one side and kept his eyes on me.

In my mind I made a statement.

Grandpa if that's you sending this cardinal have that cardinal tap on the window once more.

The bird jumped a little closer to the window, not taking his eyes off me and tapped the window again.

I said out loud, "Thank you grandpa, I love you too I know you're with me."

I felt this warming squeeze around my shoulders and chest. All at once the bird flew away and that feeling disappeared.

After that when I have a particularly hard day or week etc, I will find a cardinal near me or around me. If I am inside he'll be a the window, if I'm outside there will be one very near my person.

Other hauntings by spiritwaiting

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwaiting, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-29)
TJYAKI,
Your very welcome:).
I am looking forward to reading some of your experiences that you post. This is a great place for feedback, and answers.

Thank you for reading,
Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
TJYAKI (5 stories) (13 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-29)
Dear Spiritwaiting,

This is beautiful and I love it. I know many people who have had experiences similar to this when someone they loved deeply has passed. Thank you for shairing:)
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-26)
Nsbf,
Thank you for reading
😊
Calamity,
Your very welcome. I love sharing these, to show not all experiences are scary.
Dandk,
Cardinals are beautiful, my favorite bird besides the owl.
Thank you for reading 😊
Shelzy,
Im glad you found this as an uplifting story. ❤
I to believe they leave subtle hints, to catch our attention, or just to say I love you,I'm here.
Its always comforting when I need him, to know hes here for me.
Thank you for reading.

Sincerely Spiritwaiting
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
Wow I love this heart warming story ❤. I am a firm believer that our loved ones communicate with us through butterflies, birds or the loose feather or coin you see laying around when you need it most.

I am going to save this to my favourites so I can read it again if I need a pick me up story.

Thanks for sharing
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
Spiritwaiting, I LOVE this story! Thank you for telling it. What a great feeling to know he was there.

As a side note, I have always had a soft spot for cardinals, but have never lived anywhere that had them. I will often link into the Cornell Feeder Cam, and watch them live if they happen to show up. The feeder cam makes a great 'show' on the tv if you just want something on in the background.
Calamity (2 stories) (53 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
Spiritwaiting,
This was such a touching post. All I can say is thank you for writing it.
Jane
Nsbf1986 (4 stories) (25 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
Spiritwaiting

I got the goosebumps reading ths story. So beautiful. Your grandpa is surely protecting you.

Regards,

Noemi
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-24)
Valkricry,
I know right! Since that first experience when I think about him, or if I'm having a rough day, I find a single red cardinal around incredibly close to me. I find it comforting.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-24)
Redwolf,
Grandfathers definitely do have special bonds with their granddaughters. He and I were so close, even now mentioning him I can feel him around me.
I am a dog lover too! And weird you mentioned Pitbulls lol, I have one as a family pet. I think my grandpa is the one he plays with around the house when I need a little rest.

Thank you for reading
Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-24)
spiritwaiting

I'm sure that was your grandfather. Grandfathers have special bonds with their granddaughters. Even now he sends a Cardinal when you have a bad day. I bet he does the same for your kids.
My grandfather and I loved animals but dogs were our favorites. We both could walk up to any dog and pet it. I can still do that, even Pit Bulls love me. I have 4 dogs and when his spirit is around they don't get freaked they just lift their heads and wag their tails, same thing with my father in-law.

Regards & Respects to you.
Red
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-24)
spiritwaiting,
I have no doubt that the cardinal is symbolic of your grandfather being around. Especially when you were given confirmation (the window tapped on request), I mean what are the odds of THAT happening at that precise moment? Maybe one in a gazillion?:)
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-02-24)
Hiya,cosmogal!
Thanks for reading my experience. 😊
I also believe they leave little significant things lying around for us to find. I believe in the animals being sent our way as a symbol of their love etc. It warms my heart every time he does this. I have other instances where my pup has reacted to him being around its quite cute.

Greatly appreciate your time spent reading.
Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-24)
Hi Spiritwaiting, I believe our loved ones can and do make their presence known through animals. I have heard others tell of seeing red cardinals, blue birds and even butterflies. I have no doubt that it was your grandfather sending you a message that he will always be around. Thank you for sharing your story. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: