You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Two Angels

Real Ghost Stories

Two Angels

 

When I was just 15 years old, I met my future husband. It was back in the "hippy" era. My boyfriend/future husband had a reputation of "the Fonz" and dressed like "Billy Joel". He was a supervisor over a group of men, (including my brother) at a state park so my parents were comfortable with letting their daughter go for a ride in this nice young man's El Camino, however, on the promise that I would be back home by 11pm. I would like to add that cell phones or pagers were unheard of back then, at least to us anyway.

Anyway, Paul came and picked me up to take me out riding one Friday night. We went down to the levee near the Missouri river. We drove on these dirt roads alongside the levee. (We could have sung "I took my Chevy to the levy" and it would have been a true and accurate statement!)

Back to my experience, as I said, we went down to the levee to talk and maybe sneak a smooch or two. I remember it was a full moon because even though it should have been pitch black outside, it was fairly bright out due to the reflection of the moon. We had been sitting there for quite some time when I noticed 2 white figures walking down the old dirt road we had come in on earlier in the evening. Judging by their stature and the way they carried themselves, I could only assume they were Men yet they seemed to be wearing white robes or sheets hanging over them which was very odd. I immediately brought it to Paul's attention. We sat there very quietly and watched these two men walk slowly towards us. They followed the curve of the dirt road while getting closer by each passing minute. As they got closer, the more transparent they appeared to become. We just sat in the truck in total awe trying to figure out who or what these two men's intentions were. They continued walking towards us taking all the turns our truck had taken earlier to where we were now sitting. They continued to walk until they came to a brief stand still about 20 feet in front of the truck, then continued right up and over the truck. As soon as they assumably were over the truck, Paul started the truck and we took off and kept driving until we got to my house.

Apparently we had lost track of the time and my mother met me at the front door and was very upset asking me where I had been. It was nearly 1:30am and I was in big trouble. She said "I had to send two angels to find you and bring you home safely!" I told her, "we saw your angels!"

From then on we made sure to keep close watch on the time, never went back to the levee, and I never ever broke my curfew after that.

I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that those two figures were the angels that my mom sent to bring us home!

Other hauntings by Enlightened1959

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Enlightened1959, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-09-03)
I love this story! 😊 A great example of why we should never underestimate the power of prayer.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-04)
I loved this and it made me laugh out loud as well as the comments. I've been reading a lot of older stories but not commenting since I don't want to bump up old ones, but I'm sorry, this one needed bumped up. It's great.

Now my first guess was the KKK with white sheets on them, but after your moms comment, it had to be angels.
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-09)
Hello Babygoatpuller,

Thanks for the comments. 😁 No, I don't remember my mom smiling when I told her this, but she was very glad I was home. My mom was not at all surprised that we saw the angels because she was a firm believer that angels do exist and will come to your aid when you ask God to send them. 😁
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-06)
Mazz,

HAHAHAHAHA! I love it! You nailed the 70's era spot on! Thank you for making me laugh out loud!

I even think God got a chuckle out of your comment!
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-06)
Hello Agatha,

The bible does say that and God does send His angels and I saw the two my mom sent to bring us home! I will never ever forget that experience. I have a few other angel experiences but none that I actually saw within 5 feet like we saw that night.
Mazzmarach (2 stories) (78 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2017-03-06)
Ahoy Enlightened,

After I read what your mom told you, I immediately thought of the possible conversation those two apparitions could've had:

A1: Dude, that's her, right?
A2: Totally. Think we should spook them? 😉
A1: If it gets her home, I'm all for it, man.

Seriously, though, I like this one. Maybe you should drop a flower or two by that levee someday.

Smooth sailing,
Mazz
agatha23 (1 stories) (13 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-06)
What a cool story! It would not surprise me, that they were angels! The Bible says that when we ask for help, God will send his angels in our times of need.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-06)
Enlightened-

Val's right, the two legged beasties are far more fearsome! I don't think I would have sat there waiting for a couple of transparent beings to trek over my truck but thankfully it was just your mom's fierce love and concern for you that brought you home.

Did she smile smugly when you told her you saw her two messengers? I would have! 😆

Love the rock-n-roll references. American Pie is one of my favs. 😊
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-06)
Argette- Thanks for the comment about my mom. She was definitely an amazing woman. She was definitely powerful in prayer. When she prayed, her prayers always seemed to get answered, in fact, if I really wanted something to happen, I would always go to her and beg her to pray for that situation.
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-06)
I thought the 2 figures could have been 2 guys (hippies) walking around down there just for something to do and didn't really feel threatened at all. As they got closer, we realized that they were somewhat transparent. I remember being somewhat afraid and wanted to leave. We should have high tailed it out of there but we just sat there I think in awe of what we were seeing. And we couldn't really leave without passing them on the road that we came in on anyway.

Once I got home, and my mom told me she had sent 2 angels, I KNEW that's what they were, ANGELS! This experience has helped comfort me throughout my lifetime when I've been in somewhat unsafe situations.

Anyway, thanks to all of you who read and enjoyed my experience.
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-06)
Lady glow- Yes I do believe the prayers of mothers saves their children!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-05)
Enlightened: this is such a beautiful and reassuring experience. While reading it I couldn't help but remember something that happened to me many years ago, I hope you do not mind me posting it like a comment.

One day I was driving behind a semi truck on a highway and, although the semi was going at the speed limit of 100 km/h, inpatient me decided to pass him; so I sped up and changed lane. For some unknown reason the truck driver moved to the left lane without checking his rear mirror when I was no more the five meters away from his bumper. I pressed the brakes and my car did few donuts in the middle of the road, fortunately I managed to regain control and passed the semi holding the steering wheel with my shaking right hand while using the left to give that driver a piece of my mind.
After this ordeal my first thought was: "my mother's prayers saved me".

I guess a mother's love has the power of moving angels to protect her children.

Thanks for sharing.
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-05)
Amazing story!

It seems that angels can assume many forms. Your mother was a very wise and powerful woman.

Enlightened, thank you. What an uplifting account!
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-05)
Wow! I have never hear of anything like that, so, wow again!
How is... I mean is it possible for us to take control of spiritual stuff?
Amazing story!

E.Lynx
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+4
7 years ago (2017-03-05)
Enlightened,
All I can say is WOW! I agree with Melda, not too sure I would have stuck around either. Just the idea of men in sheets scares me. (Yep much more afraid of two legged beasts then any ghost.)
That your Mom could do that is really something. This accounting was simply amazing!
JennyB83 (12 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-05)
This is a great story! Thank u for sharing... I don't think id break curfew after that either lol
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2017-03-05)
Enlightened - I loved reading your story. I apologise if you feel that I am not taking your experience seriously but I had a good laugh about this one! If I had been in that truck with my boyfriend and two white figures approached us, I would have told him to get his A$$ and truck into gear, hit the accelerator and take off 😆.

If my mother had believed in ghosts I think she would have used that tactic on the whole bunch of us every opportunity she got!

By the way I do believe you, just in case I left the impression that I do not.

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: