You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Father's Hometown 6: The Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

My Father's Hometown 6: The Haunted House

 

There was a haunted house 4 blocks away from our house on the right side. To think, it was in the middle of our street. That haunted house was similar feature of our house like sliding capiz window, the first floor was stone, second floor was made of wood, and surrounded by many trees. Our playmates told us that the haunted house had a caretaker but he will go only if day time, and no one was there during the night.

It was Lenten season or holy week when my aunt told us that she needed me and my little sister (6th sibling) to join a parade for celebration. The parade used to consist of children that would hold pictures or portrait of events in 15 mysteries (15 mysteries - part of praying rosary and alikes), lanterns made of bamboo with paper crepe that were the shapes of the moon and stars, and adults that will pray the rosary while walking in our barangay or village. She told us that the parade will start at 6:00 pm and she going to pick up us.

6:45 pm, the parade had already passed by when she arrived late and she gave us lighted candles. We could catch the parade if we ran, but the road at that time was too rocky, so we walked fast. When we were passing the haunted house, we noticed two lighted candles, one was on the door with the caretaker holding it and the other one was on the second floor floating while the window was opened.

I know that my aunt would tried to greet the caretaker because she knows him, but when she saw the floating candle in the window, she shouted to us to run. And we ran fast as we could to until we reached the parade and joined.

After the parade, my aunt brought us home and we told to our elder sisters what we saw in the haunted house. And we never tried to go near the haunted house in the night.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by unknownymous05

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, unknownymous05, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

unknownymous05 (12 stories) (16 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-12-02)
Hi Lady-glow,

Actually in my 2 years of stay on that place, I didn't know the owner of the house and didn't see them. They told us that nobody was living there except the care taker. And the care taker usually went to the house in day time. We could say that the candle was floating because it was moving like it was hanging or something and there was a space between the road and actual house which like a garden so at a distance you would see the candle at the window and the care taker holding the candle. And I don't know also if that was "actually" the care taker because it was already night when we passed by the haunted house.

Thanks,
Unknownymous05
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-12-02)
Huh...did anyone ask the caretaker if there was someone else at the second floor of the house at that moment or if s/he had lighted a candle in that room? Would it be possible that the owners of the house were there for the holidays? 🤔

Since you were walking on the street and at different level to the second floor, it's possible that the angle formed by your position and the window, would 'hide' a person walking in the room or an object were a candle could be standing, perhaps even a mirror reflecting some other source of light and making it look like a 'floating candle.

Did you learn the reason why this house was supposed to be haunted?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: