You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Scary Evening In My Apartment!

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Evening In My Apartment!

 

So, here I am to submit a story on this site after a long pause. I haven't experienced anything supernatural in quite sometime and so was just helping other posters in the meanwhile. If you have read through my experiences, you could very well figure out now that I was not away from Supernatural elements in my life. Life is always busy when it comes to having 2 kids, a lovely wife, well paying job, what else can you really ask for. But the reason I am here today is because something happened day before yesterday and I am clueless.

My elder kid was busy with her homework after work and I was helping my youngest son to draw in his scribble pad. Well, you need the kids to be occupied else, ya, parents know that they can bring the roof down. My wife was in the kitchen making dinner for us. Pleasant evening until we were done with our respective duties and sat down for dinner.

My house is located in one of the busiest parts of the city and you can always hear cars/motorbikes honking, Not the ideal neighborhood, but no complaints until that night. It was unusually quiet from outside. I just put some curry on the plates of my kids and wife and we all started to eat. Within a minute, I heard a loud thundering noise outside our door. It was as if someone hit the door with a hammer. We were all shocked as there is a bell outside the door and no one knocks on the door so loudly. I asked everybody to be seated and I went to check on the door. Opened the door, no one was there. (There were just two apartments on our floor including mine, the other apartment is diagonally opposite from where I live and it was locked from outside). I thought it should be something from closeby or on the floor below us.

I went back to the table and started continuing my dinner when we heard a loud cry from outside. Like a woman yelling at the top of her voice. I went out to check and found no one. I went to the floor below us and checked with them if they heard someone yell and they said no.

I got worked up and went to the main entrance to check with the security guards if they heard something. The answer was no. Now, having gotten worried about it, I was going back home in the elevator. I got out on my floor and a sudden hunch, did the noise come from the apartment opposite to my house? I went close to the apartment, knocked on the door. (Well I know the door I locked, but wanted to see if someone was inside). No response. Then hesitantly I rang the bell.

This exact moment, my wife came out running from my apartment. She said, she saw something in our bathroom and she seemed so damn restless. I asked her to get the kids and lock herself in the kids room. I took my hockey stick, and slowly entered our room. It was very cold. I was slowly getting scared from my previous experiences. But then, I saw that the Air Conditioner is on. So, I turned it off and then opened the bathroom, no one was there.

I turned back, left the lights on and went out of the room when I felt something on my lower neck. Like a hot breath. I did not panic, for I know it is my mind playing along with the situation, but I was scared. I turned back and found no one, but the sense of someone around me was very very strong. Nevertheless, I did not want my kids and wife to panic. So, I calmly went to my kids room, told them that no one is here and they can sleep peacefully. I asked my wife to sleep inside my kids room. I said, I will be outside in the living room if they need me.

I slept outside sitting on my sofa while they slept inside. The next morning, I went to my bedroom to take my clothes and found that the clothes inside the cupboard was in a mess. I did not say anything to my wife about it, I just folded them back and started acting normal.

My wife and kids came outside by around 10 Am and my wife looked very tired, the kids gave her a tough time. By noon, we had a very foul smell in our apartment. Things definitely did not look good and the smell was very strong in our bedroom. The room is next to the room from the apartment next door. Imagine a L. Our bedroom was sharing the same wall as the next apartment. I don't know why, but I immediately called the cops. They were there in 15 minutes and the next apartment door was broke open. The policeman came out yelling that two dead bodies are inside. I was shocked. In such a busy neighborhood, how could this happen? A building with just one entrance, high walls, 5 security guards and many cameras, how could this happen? If the house was locked from outside, did the murderer get away? Too many questions. The cops asked me to sign them an affidavit as I was the witness (first to report the crime).

Now, my questions - What was that I experienced at home? Having previous experiences with the paranormal, could it be the same? My hunch says yes, but my mind does not want to believe it.

Why me? Why was my family targeted. Or at least alerted? Is it safe for me to stay in the house continually?

I haven't experienced any fear in the last two days, but sometimes, I feel someone is watching me. Especially in the bedroom. It gives me and my wife a very eerie feeling.

Police have nabbed the guy who had planned it, but I heard he is denying the charge. Nevertheless, not my case to figure out the person responsible for the murder, but I am worried for my family.

IS the spirit trying to communicate to me? Too many questions, very little leads/answers.

Other hauntings by nalchen

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nalchen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
5 years ago (2019-04-02)
francyne1031,
Yesterday (April 1) was April Fool's day.😉 The resident ghostie does love to prank. As you can see, all has returned to normal.
francyne1031 (49 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-01)
Omg! My last comment says why is the word purple pants showing up!?
I typed the word C L O W N (sorry I had to type it that way because it keeps changing the word once published)
francyne1031 (49 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-01)
Why is the word clown constantly showing up? I have never seen this before. Thanks
Nejo (2 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-27)
Hey nalchen I think since it was 8-10 hours before it was your neighbors they tried to get a hold of you by knocking on your door but after you didn't answer (maybe you didn't hear them) they wanted you to hear them and tried to get you attention
Good Luck
Saturn (1 stories) (12 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-12-20)
Hi there,
Well, to me I guess the problem you face in your neighborhood is more than spirits, well someone was murdered which means there's a lack of security. Spirits can be taken care of with strong will and faith, you should be worrying about the safety of your family in that neighborhood. I'd say you confirm for proper security or move to a safer locality.
To keep negativity away never lose your trust in the almighty and lighting an oil lamp or candle to God for the redemption of the spirits and protection will work.
Investing in security will be a good idea.
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I hope you and your family stay safe and happy. 😊
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-19)
Hi, Nalchen -

It sounds like the spirit of your neighbors were trying to get your assistance. Maybe they are still around because they haven't gotten closure. There is still something that needs to happen in order for them to leave. Who knows, maybe once the perpetrator gets convicted or they find a motive. You seem to be sensitive so maybe they still need your assistance in helping them move on.

Be safe and please keep us updated.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-18)
Hello Nalchen,

What a scary ordeal. You are very brave checking out the premises.

Why was the door locked from the outside. Doesn't that make it easy for intruders to get in and people who live there hard to escape? I'm confused about that. I'm obviously missing something.

I really enjoyed your post. I look forward to finding out more.

Regards,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+6
5 years ago (2018-12-18)
And rereading my comment from last night:

It is a relief, though not a great one

I don't feel it conveys the right message.

I am happy no one else was murdered in the apartment building that night.

I am sad that anyone was murdered.

(In grad school, I learned the two rules of information transfer:

1. Anything that might be misunderstood will be misunderstood.

2. Everything can be misunderstood.)
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2018-12-17)
Nalchen, I will take it as a deep compliment that you confused me for Rook. 😁 Rook knows way more than I ever shall on this subject.

Overall, and tragically, I don't think this was a haunting, so much as your family hearing the murders happen. It is a relief, though not a great one, that no one else in your building was murdered that night.
nalchen (9 stories) (58 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-17)
[at] RCRuskin, my sincere apologies for not getting the name right in the previous message. I was reading about Rook's cleansing method as well to go along with Biblio's salt sprinkling method and I just confused the name while typing the message.

Cheers,
Nal
nalchen (9 stories) (58 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-17)
Hi Rook,

Thanks for your message. The bodies that were found were that of my neighbours. The cause of death is murder, but how, - investigation is going on. Cops did their round of investigation at my house over the weekend, as we were opposite to the apartment where the murder happened, but we were not of much help to them.

With what I heard from the cops, the murder happened 8 to 10 hours before the cops were called - I think, this is from the autopsy report. (Not sure about the correctness of this info, as I heard it from one of the cops during their interrogation at our residence).

I can answer the last question only if there is more insight on how the murder happened. They are still questioning the suspect, but no progress on that front either.

Am sorry I couldn't be of much help here. I will maybe post updates as soon as I have more answers from the cops.
nalchen (9 stories) (58 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-17)
Hi Jan,

Thanks so much for your message. Yes, absolutely, no safe world to bring up young kids these days. Its a nice locality and the neighborhood is still in a state of shock about this incident.

Wall seperating the crime - True. I was wondering about it as well. Maybe it was easier for the spirits to get my attention this way. Nevertheless, I am happy if it never happens again.

Best,
Nal
nalchen (9 stories) (58 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-12-17)
Hi Biblio,

Yes indeed, been quite some time. Ya, I think I have this intuition from my mother. My mom has always had her ways with supernatural.

I really hope that me calling the cops helped them. I can bare anything for me, but not for my family. Just worried. Though I haven't felt anything in the last few days, I still have a sense of insecurtiy (Not sure if its the right word), but a sense of restlessness.

Oh Biblio, No problem, any help that I can take at the moment.:) I haven't really heard about the Salt sprinkling method. Thanks so much briefing in detail. I will try it tomorrow. If that can ward of their entry into a place, then very well, I might use it at the entrance of my apartment. Everytime I open my door and see the door of the opposite apartment, I have an uneasy feeling.

Once again, appreciate your offer to help me in this time of distress. Thank you so much.

Cheers,
Nal
nalchen (9 stories) (58 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-17)
[at] Augusta - Thanks for your message. It indeed sounds right. I have been religious through out and we did do some rituals which seems to have calmed me down a bit, but the neighborhood still keeps talking about it, which in a way, bothers me at the corner of my head. If the feeling doesn't go away, I have no other option other than to seek for a new apartment.

Cheers,
Nal
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-12-17)
Just one question: did the bodies found belong to your neighbors?

What else I want to know would flow from the answer. If it was your neighbors, when did they die, just as an example. How did they die?

Assuming the experience to be a ghostly one, were your neighbors begging you for help that night?
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-12-15)
Hello nalchen,

It is late here so I will try to be brief.

As I read of your event, when you felt someone around you or behind you. I thought that someone needed your attention. The banging on your door and such didn't work so they had stepped it up a bit. Clearly someone or something needed your help.

When all else failed, that worked. You ask "why you" the answer is goes two ways, you are open to the paranormal, and only a wall separated you from the crime.

I think I would want to get away from the inner city, but that is just me. There is crime everywhere in this world.

Stay safe,
Jan
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+5
5 years ago (2018-12-15)
Greetings, nalchen, it's been a while!

Spiritually, you are open. I don't know that I'd go so far as to call you a beacon, as such individuals experience near-constant activity throughout their lives; however, you are sensitive to the supernatural. Your apartment's proximity to the scene of the crime simply made you a convenient conduit for the desperate spirits of your deceased neighbors.

The stressful events of their murders would have made the spirits desperate for attention; they were panicking and you were attentive to their distress. Your calling the police should have resolved some of their issues as they received the attention they needed.

Feeling watched in your room, though, is not the positive after-effect I'd expect. Did you know them at all, or were they the sort of neighbors you'd just nod "hello" to as you collected your mail? They may have some pent-up aggression from their murders and the fact that you reacted the first time may have tempted them to attach themselves to you and your family. I'd much rather that they vent their stress by stalking the person responsible for their demise, but their being locked into their apartment may have given them a psychological limitation in their ability to travel.

Augusta has given you some great advice for bringing about a peaceful resolution to this situation. However, I'd like to add an odd idea that occurred to me as I read your description. I suspect that you need to reinforce the shared wall of the two apartments; as this is the master bedroom, there's little chance of this worrying your children. Boundaries are significant, but if their desperation led your neighbors to move through the wall to alert you, then they may be continuing to enter both apartments whenever they feel like it. I seldom render this type of advice to anyone, as it borders upon the superstitious; I have made this sort of recommendation twice before, that I recall, since I joined YGS. Please take this with my good intentions, but I can't compel you to follow any of this advice if you feel it would be ridiculous.

Salt has been used as a protective barrier in several folkloric and religious traditions; I recommend purchasing a container of salt to sprinkle along the bedroom carpet next to the wall. You should lay a continuous trail of the salt, about one inch (2.5 cm) wide, for the length of the wall. I'd use sea salt or rock salt, for example, but that's up to you. The laying of a boundary line should establish *in your mind* a "safe zone" in your apartment (there may be just as much a psychosomatic effect of the ritual as a supernatural one). However, the line of unbroken salt should serve as a reminder of where the departed neighbors should be, versus where they are not permitted!

As I stated, this is unusual advice for me to give to anyone, but I got the impression from your narrative that the neighbors' spirits needed a solid reminder of where they do not belong. If it seems silly to you, then it will not work, no matter how hard you try. Please do give it some thought, though, while you seek a more permanent solution.

Best,
Biblio.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+5
5 years ago (2018-12-15)
Personally, I would sure want to move both for fear of the paranormal and living beings... If you are set on staying, couldn't hurt to take a few precautions. I would have the home blessed/cleansed by a religious authority. I would also look up methods of cleansing (according to your beliefs) that could be performed by you and your family after the professional has done his/her thing - and make a habit of cleansing every week or so for a few months. I would also pray for the souls if the victims next door and wish them peace. For all else, a security system could be a solid investment and perhaps self defense classes for the children and your wife. More than anything else, such measures will help everyone feel more self assured and confident, which will stand them in good sted against most anything.

I hope the case is solved soon and the baddies all locked well away from you and yoir loved ones! Be safe!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: