You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Another Holiday Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Another Holiday Experience

 

It was early New Years Eve, evening with the twilight shining on the snow. I sat at the window of the apartment staring out at the cold and snow. It was freezing and the roads were very icy. I heard the television drone on in the back ground imploring all the celebrating and partying to be careful as the roads would continue to get worse; more snow was on the way. Joy of joys. I was bored with winter already and it was only turning January.

I crossed the room and switched off the television. My mom had gone to friends of hers for a poker party. Some friends and she were planning on playing all night. I was sincerely hoping she had fun. She and my dad had not been split up for long and she needed some fun. My sister was at a friend's for the night and since my dad had forgotten to pick me up, I would be home alone. Oh, well. I would turn on the stereo, eat junk food and read. All of my favorite teen age past times.

As I crossed the tiny living room from turning off the television to the stereo, the lights flickered. Normally, with the wind and snow this would not bother me, but there had been so many strange occurrences in this apartment that I stopped in my tracks. I was shaking all over. I looked briefly around the room telling myself to knock it off, it was the weather! Just the same, I decided I would put candles and the battery operated radio on the table in front of me while I had my junk food fest. I went into my room and grabbed a few candles and my book.

As I came back around the corner to go back into the living room, I saw THAT hand again! The weathered hand from my last story! It was curled around the wall as if going into the living room. The hand was brushing against the corner of the was as if the being it was attached to had just gone around the corner. I stopped, stopped breathing, stopped walking, and stopped everything! I was terrified. I started to back up into my room and I heard this laughter. It was like it was coming from all around me, as if it was on a speaker system or something to project sound. It was not loud, but it was not a whisper. It was very, very cold. The very sound chilled me to my core!

I backed into my room and continued to stare towards the living room. I could not see into the living room as it was around the corner. I could only see a small portion of the walls. As I watched, shadows began to move across the wall. These shadows were the reflective type given off by someone moving around in the room. I continued to stare, transfixed to the spot. There was very little noise in the apartment. The only thing I could hear was a swishing sound, like fabric rubbing together; it was coming from the living room.

Finally, something inside of me woke up and I started thinking, "Wake up dummy! Don't just stand here! Call someone!" I backed up to my telephone all the while watching the shadows on the wall and hearing the occasional swish of clothing. I called the first number that came to mind. It was a guy I had been dating on and off for a few months, we were more friends than anything. He answered after about the fourth ring. All I could get out of my mouth was to squeak, "Please come and get me, now!" He was saying "Kim, are you all right? Where are you? I said "Home! Hurry!" He said he was on his way and I hung up the phone, all the while watching the shadows.

All at once I heard the laugh again, all around me and felt a bone chilling cold pass through me, after that it was like a weight had lifted from the air. I looked over to the walls again and there were no shadows, there was no swishing noise, nothing. And, as I said, everything just felt lighter and airy.

Although I somehow knew that it had left, I couldn't move. I was still so terrified. I stood there near the phone for what seemed like an hour but must have been about 5 minutes.

Head lights appeared in the drive way and shone through the curtains. I heard a car door slam, and then a knock at the door. My friend was at the door. Thank God! I threw open the door and ran outside, no shoes on, no coat. I was crying and hugging him and trying to explain all at the same time. He kept telling me to calm down and was ushering me back into the apartment. We sat down on the couch and he asked what happened. He told me he brought a couple friends with him in case I was in trouble, they were in the car. I asked him to have them come in and would they stay for a while and watch a movie or something. He said they would.

I told him I was going to get some dry socks, I would be right back. As I entered my room, I heard the front door open and close. He had gone outside to get his friends. No problem. They would be right in. I sat on the edge of my bed and pulled of my wet socks and rubbed my freezing feet. I heard a slight scrapping noise and looked up. In the corner of the hall way, there she stood! The same piercing blue eyes and pointed teeth! Starring at me and smiling. She appeared to be, again, about 7 feet off the ground. She was wearing grey. All grey. It appeared to be like an old bath robe that came all the way down to were her feet would be and was cinched loosely at the waist with a belt. Her teeth were as if made to be at a point and it was ALL of her teeth. There was no evidence of decay or anything visible, and with the way she was leering at me they were visible. Her vivid blue eyes were cold, almost as if you were to fall into a freezing lake and be able to see the top but not get there. I kept feeling that way, drowning almost when I stared back at her. There was no wind or breeze, but her steel grey hair looked like it was being blown back from her sallow face.

I screamed as loud and long as I ever have. My friend came running through the front door along with two of his friends. The came bounding into the bed room. I opened my eyes and she was no longer there. I was crying pretty much hysterically at this time.

The next thing I remember is being in my friends old Pontiac squished in the front seat between him and one of his friends. They kept asking me what had happened. I just kept shaking my head and crying. We got about four blocks from my apartment, heading to the house where my mom was playing cards as we came close to a four way stop.

The roads were indeed icy as was earlier predicted so my friend began slowing for the stop sigh quite a ways. I heard one of the guys in back say "Why would anyone be walking on a night like this, especially an older person, they could fall and hurt themselves".

I looked up and there in the center of the cross walk was the thing! All gray and misty looking. She turned and stared and smiled. Everyone in the car gasped at once, like sucked in their breath. She continued to look at us, grinning and crossed the street, and then she appeared to be gone. One of the guys asked if we had all seen her disappear. All of the others reasoned it was the heavy snow playing tricks on the eyes. They felt that was the reason she appeared misty in the cross walk and she now was poof, gone!

The rest of the ride to be with my mom is a blur. The next day when we went home back to the apartment, our friend had made it clear she had returned that evening.

Other hauntings by KimSouthO

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KimSouthO, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
Omg...I'm so scared I feel like I was there myself... I don't know if I can read anymore tonight...p.s I have enjoyed all your stories so far...
rjblaze215 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
kim next time instead of crying and looking and staring. Be calm and try to talk to the lady atleese. Tell her what she wants with you and why she is here. Apperently she is worried about YOU. Never show those spirits you are scared because then they know they have the upper hand. Be brave and tell those spirits in the name of jesus leave this house. I wish you luck. I had my encounters of bad and good spirits. I have a good spirit in my house RIGHT NOW. He likes to laugh a lot and he even helps me out at times. I wish you luck kim 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-22)
Interesting, Kim.
If she has been a part of your life for so long, do you have any idea from whence she came, or what she is? I would not think that she was human at any point. But for her to have been anything else...
I am anxiously awaiting that next installment of this story!
Thank you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-20)
Hi Kim. I understand now. I can't wait to read the other parts but at the same time I'm terrified. I wonder why this lady is haunting you? MAybe it wants something or maybe it doesn't like you? I believe its a evil spirit that's for sure but why won't it leave you alone. Has anybody in your family have a similar situation?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-20)
ChrisB,
I don't know what I am, sensitive, or something else. I just see or hear things. I do not think that 'she' was just in the hoiuse because, well she comes along were ever I go. I do not see her very oftenany more, once maybe every couple of years or so, but she is around.

I have sent in another story, I had to split it into 4 because it is soooo long,

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-20)
Kim.You scared me out of my socks with that story. Honestly I feel very sorry for you. If I had to see something like that I would have a heart attack. I'm not surprised that you cried. I think I would do something in my pants. This was a great story. Just like Frawin said Today is going to be a hard night 😉.I have to say your story is going into my favourites again. One of the best I have ever read. But in the end of your story your friend confimed that the ghost came again. Did dhe come to him? Did he tell you what happened? I haven't read your other story about the hand but I do have a guestion. Is your house maybe haunted? Or are you more like a sensitive? I'm sorry that I am asking so many questions but I think it will make it easier for me to understand the "situation".I hope to hear from you soon and take care
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-19)
White Buffalo,
No, there was not always the scratching noise before I saw her. There was ALWAYS a chill though, as if the temperature would drop about 20 degrees.

She has remained in my life for many, many years now. Not as much as at this point, but... She makes her self known, whereever I move or go.

I have submitted another portion of this story. I split it into 4 as it was so long.

There were a total of 4 people that actually saw her aside from me, my freimd with his 2 friends and my sister. After this period in my life, I am the only one that sees her. I will get more into that, but she can be very sneaky, and I believe the word you used, taunt, very accurattely describes her mission.

God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-19)
Sorry, Kim.
Guess I was trying to type too fast there 😉. I hope you understood what I was trying to convey.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-19)
Did you always hear the scratching noise right before you saw her? The first instance, you did not say, but the second time you did hear the scratching. I was just wondering if you could remember that.
For your friends posse to have seen her to is a bit amazing, as it shows CLEARLY that she was not stuck in your house, bu to someplace or something in the area. Perhaps a wandering ghost, but for what purpose and to what end? Very interesting.
Thank you Kim.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
To answer a few questions,
it always appeared as if the weathered hand was attached to this femal figure. It simply seemed as if whenever I saw one, the other was there. Most of the time, 'she' let the hand be seen by me first, kind of a way to let me know she was there.

I do not know what she was (or is). I will continue with the story.

God Bless!
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
This "woman in the robe" being sounds like a traveling ghost. Is she connected to the disembodied hand or are these two separate incidences? Either way, very creepy story. Did you experience anything like this before your parents separated/divorced? Perhaps you are in an emotionally weakened state because of it, making it easy for these beings to prey on you. My first instinct was that you had experienced a night terror, did you take a nap that evening? But, then again, your friends saw her too. Creepy.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
Thank you to all who have read and commented on my occurance(s).

There is more to do with this 'being'. I will continue the story. THat is what I ment by she made her presence know.

I also do not believe this being to ever have been human, although the appearance was that of some what of a female. This thing truly was dark, if not completely evil.

I will continue with this story very soon.

thanks again for all of the support from everyone!

God Bless!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
Hi Kim. I can only imagine how you felt. I have experienced the negative before but nothing that I felt to be truly evil. If I had encountered something like this when I was a teenager, I don't think I would be here today-I would have had heart failure. Did you ever find out who or what she was?
Thank you for sharing your story with us even if it did make going to sleep quite a bit harder 😉. Take care my friend.

FRAWIN 😊 ❤
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
Oh Kim, how terrifying for you! I am sitting here glued to my monitor and shaking off the chill that has just run up to my neck. I'm looking forward to more stories from you. I hope that she or it eventually went away and never returned.

Jennifer ❤
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
O man, Kim, my whole body is tingling. I haven't read a story on here that did that to me since one of Frawin's a long time ago. Wow, totally terrifying! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
killingkilgore (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
Great story. I'm just curious, you say when you returned home the next day, your visitor made it clear that she had returned. Is there something else that happened?
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
Hey Kim, one more that goes straight to my favourite list!

I just cannot for the life of me imagine the terror of such an encounter. Even reading about it gives one goose bumps. Who is she or better what is she and why is she following you? I have to go back and read that story you mentioned, weathered hand; I must have missed that one.

Well, thanks for one more amazing story!

Tammy 😊 ❤
Harperllen82 (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
WOW! Kim your stories are truly frightning and so well written. Your so descriptive I always feel as if I'm there and can picture it very clearly in my head. I can't imagine how horrifying it must have been to see that women in your home. I'm glad that you had someone to come get you. I would have been terrified to stay there as well. I have questions but I don't want to ask and spoil your next story. I hope to hear more soon.
Allison
Flipdawg (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-17)
Hi KimSouthO,
I'm new to this site and I love reading these stories. When I read both of your stories (that related to this one) I got goosebumps all over. Wow, what a scary image you painted in my mind about that old hag or whatever it is. Do you still see this old hag?
Great stories I can't wait to read more! I too have had some experiences but it seems I can't submit any stories. I guess I'll keep trying.
BCEagles25 (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-17)
Whoa...

I'm not even sure what to say to this... All I know is this isn't (or wasn't) residual...

Whatever it was, it sure as hell wanted your attention! And it sounds like it got it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: