You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: She's Still Kicking My Butt Outta Bed

Real Ghost Stories

She's Still Kicking My Butt Outta Bed

 

Well, if you have read my previous stories - you will know that I lost my mother back in 2003. Her death anniversary of 5 years is coming up on August 14th. Anyhow, I just wanted to share a quick story which makes me smile - as I know she's still with me.

A few weeks before I moved out of the house (the duplex I was living in- mentioned in an earlier story, in which we were having some paranormal experiences and after I kicked the room mate out, the girl in the photograph who is holding up her naughty middle finger, the activity stopped - so I have a feeling all of that had something to do with her), I was feeling a bit down and depressed and it was getting harder and harder for me to wake up on time each day for work.

One morning, I was to be awake by 7:00 a.m. to have my cat to the vet in order to have him there by 8AM to get neutered (poor little guy). I kept hitting the snooze button. My door was closed, I remember glancing at it, and I normally never leave my door open. It bothers me. It makes me feel like intruders can get to me in the middle of the night, so it's always closed.

Moving on, half asleep, I heard a knock on my door, a very familiar knock-my mother's knock. And without realizing that this shouldn't be happening as she is no longer with us, I responded in my tired stupor, "yeah?"

She opened the door, poked her head in, and although I did not open my eyes I knew she was there, "Come on, Heather, let's get up now. You're going to be late for Kitten. Come on!" She was British, and although she lost her accent on the way, she had a very distinct way of saying "come on" and it was so annoying that it ALWAYS woke me up, a little frustrated, but it worked.

I groggily sat up in bed, looked at the time, and realized I'd just dreamt about her. And then I looked at the door, and it was open, just enough for her to poke her head in and wake me up...

Haha, thanks Mom.

I have moved back in with my Father recently, and I shared a comment on one of my previous stories that I will restate here.

We live on a golf course, and my mother was OBSESSED with her garden. Over the years, even when I haven't been living there, I'd spend the night once in a while and wander out on to the patio in the middle of the night just to get things off my chest. Have a little cry, and say hello to my Mom. I asked her a question, and told her not to answer it. I stated that I am so grateful to have the relationship with my father now, as she was always worried that he and I wouldn't get along in the future. She begged him not to "become the angry man" we once knew through his frustrations.

I put my father through hell, and I experienced that angry man for a long time up until about a year and a half ago, when I started to prove myself as a young woman and sensible individual. I have moved back in with him to help him move on, and help myself move up in life. It's the best decision I've made in quite a while. And it's relaxing.

I continued to tell her that I love her, and that I have this immense feeling of appreciation for all she has done for me even after her passing - and then I notice, for it kind of scared me at first - a little light flitting about on the golf course close to some trees about 100 feet ahead of me. And then it faded.

I was confused, my heart started to race a little bit - and then I realized it was a firefly. I had never seen a firefly before in my life until then. And strangely, this little guy flitted his way about so quickly over to me, less than 20 seconds, and he was so close! I could have cupped him in my hand! He hung around for a good 10-15 seconds. And then his little light faded and he disappeared. I couldn't stop smiling. It felt like Mom was listening and she sent this little guy over to say 'HEY I'm here'.

Then I told her she was a jerk for scaring me, and I could feel her laughter. It was pretty cool. I went inside and went to bed feeling pretty refreshed.

Other hauntings by Lexiluca

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lexiluca, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rosebudx (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-10)
Wow!

Even though this was years ago, this is an amazing and heartwarming story. It gives me hope that I'll be ok for whenever my parents pass. I'm especially close to my mom and losing her would be so devastating.

This story has also brought to my mind the subject of what one would do/can do in the afterlife when they die. I honestly don't know if this is even possible, but I want to something very similar to what your mom does whenever I die. 😊 I want to check in on and give signs to whoever may still be alive after my passing to let them know that though I'm not there physically, it doesn't mean I'm not there and to not worry. 😉

Thank you so much for sharing your stories, especially the ones that involve your mom. ❤
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Thank you all for the comments. There have been a lot of storms lately, and I've been feeling her around - her and I used to watch storms together, and I've been a bit out of sorts emotionally, and it's kind of like she's sitting across from me. I don't need to even look to where she might have sat, I just know she's there, just watching with me. And then she goes. It's pretty comforting.

Love does extraordinary things.
Twilightkiss (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
That was very sweet, thank you for sharing, it brought a smile to my face! Have a good day.

TWILIGHTKISS ❤
xHellzz (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
I'm Very Sorry For Your Loss, This Is Such A Heart Warming Story. You Are Very Lucky To Feel Your Mother's Happy Presence Again 😊 😆 ❤ ~God Bless~
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
I am very sorry for your loss. Nothing can ever take the place of a parent in our hearts, so they find ways to let us know they are with us and watching out for us.

This story was a very lovely tribute to your mother!

God Bless!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Loved ones can contact us in many different ways and I believe you were in contact with your mother-consider yourself blessed. Thank you for sharing such a lovely story. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
HI,that was a very nice story Lexiluca. I did enjoy very much. I really liked the parts when you said poor little guy (Is your cat a boy or a girl). And the part when you sai your a jerk for scaring me like that mom. I thought that was very funny.
Really liked it.
GIRLIE 😁 😆 ❤ (:
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Hi Lexiluca. I truly enjoyed your story, thank you for sharing your experiences. To this very day, 20 years after she passed, my Mom still gives me little signs, as comforting and supportive as she always was.It's a beautiful thing to have that as a constant in your life, I feel so lucky.I'm glad you've been able to reconnect with your Dad and it sounds like your Mom is too.I'm sure that is something she takes comfort from. The firefly event was very sweet and special. Once again, thanks for sharing your heart warming story.
dreamer72 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
I lost my Mom 3 1/2 years ago, so I know exactly how you feel. I also have been going through a transitional journey. Right after she passed I had a crow show up outside my house. It would sit in a tree and just stare at me for 10-15 minutes. This happened for about 3 weeks at least every other day if not every day. Now when things get crazy for me and I start thinking about her wishing I could ask her for guidance, a crow shows up. I know it is her way of telling me that things will be ok 😁 I really enjoyed your story, and I hope you keep having these experiences with her. I know it always warms my heart when I have mine.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Thank you for sharing such a heart warming and honest story Lexiluca.

I'm also sorry for your loss although I tend to believe your mom isn't far away.She's watching your every step and I'm sure she's proud of what you've become.

It takes a very brave and forgiving heart to love others despite their flaws as it takes a very worthy daughter to claim a deeper connection with a parent.

I know had I been your mom, I would have been very proud of you.
spikess (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
I'm sorry for your loss, but that really is a lovely story 😊 Hope to hear more from you 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Hi Lexiluca. I'm very sorry for your loss. I was in the same situation as you were. After my mom died I couldn't pull myself back together. I don't think anyone could in the family. I remember It was so hard for me and my father. We argued and everything. I was almost one step away from moving out of the country. But I had a dream. My mom told me to work hard and be strong. I think after a year things with my dad were better and now we are good firends. I think my mom was trying to say that I shouldnt give up on my dad. And I didnt. I think your mom is proud of you. I know how hard this time was for you. But remeber how your mom now feels when she sees you and your dad smileing at each other. I guess she just couldn't be happier. Thanks for sharring your story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: