You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Angry Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Angry Ghost

 

(Read my About Me to learn the background of my house)

One day my cousin, Mary, and I were watching my niece that was only about six years old. My parents had gone out for a little while and they would not be back for about another hour or so. We were playing a game with my niece and we were having fun until we heard some sort of laughter coming from the dining room.

We took my niece into the living room and I told Mary to stay there with her. I went to investigate. There was not anything in the dining room or the bathroom. I went back into the living room. We decided to watch the television because we did not want to scare my niece.

It started to get a little cold so we grabbed some blankets from the computer room. My niece was already about to cry because she was so frightened from the startling laughter. Then, as we were watching television, I heard something from the other side of the room. My glass of water got knocked down from someone-or something. The water spilled all over and my niece was in tears now. Mary had her in her arms while I got the glass. I went into the kitchen to get a rag for the spilt water on our carpet.

We turned off the television and stayed on the couch which was across from where the water had gotten spilled. We heard something beside me and I moved over closer to Mary and my niece. Before I knew it, my school picture that was hanging on the wall in a new picture frame flew off of the wall and landed in front of me. We all screamed and my niece ran onto the loveseat. I grabbed the picture frame and put it back on the wall. I knew it did not fall because it would not have landed so far away from where it was hung.

We went onto the loveseat and got underneath the blankets because we did not want my niece to see anything else that would frighten her. She was already in tears. I told her to promise not to tell anyone about this because they would not believe us. Finally my parents got home and my niece would not leave her grandparents alone, but she did keep the secret.

That still haunts me today, but nothing else like that ever happened for the rest of the day.

Other hauntings by ghostlover13

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostlover13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Akemi (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-07)
you should be careful. You never know what else mite happen. It probably wanted you to know that it was there. Hope nothing else like this happens. Good luck
Demonkiller (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
Hey Jill Its me Ghostwhispere I had my account blocked so I have this one.
I am sorry about your grandad.
Love you Jill.
lalala123 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
wow. That is super super creepy.

I would hate to have that happen to me!

Lol
kuehnau (5 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
I am always a skeptic when it comes to sounds. Sounds are so flipping complex it isn't even funny, and there is such a wide variety of things that can cause sounds, I usually don't give random sounds much thought.

Cold chills could come from a lot of things as well. A rogue breeze, the weather, heck, even being scared could cause you to get either warmer or colder.

A glass of water being knocked over is hard to decide on. As well, it could have been several things. Most things are hardly ever 100% even or flat. I have been to a shop that had a table that was designed to be 100% flat and even and it was hard as hell to even pick anything up off it.

As far as the picture frame is concerned, I don't know what to say. I have heard about dust accumulation on things hung on a wall, to the point where eventually something that has been on a wall for years can actually be displaced of fall off from dust. You say the frame was "thrown" and quite a bit of distance was made, so I am ready to rule out that theory, then again I was never good at math, or physics, so there's always the possibility it did in fact fall on it's own.

In the end, I honestly do not think that covering your niece's head with blankets was a good or even wise idea, that most likely only scared her even more then before. And telling her not to tell anyone and to keep it a secret is even worse. You could have handled that a lot better then what you chose to do. 😢

In the end we are only left with our personal experiences and will have to make conclusions on our own.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
WickedWitch,
I meant like nothing out of the ordinary happened after that. Thanks. It was a while ago, I never got to meet him, because he passed away 27 years before I was born, but thanks for your concern. 😊
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
Ghostlover: Wow! I am actually 8 and not supposed to be on this, but, wow.
As in "For the rest of the day" You mean you didn't have it for the rest of the day, but the next day/night you had it again? Oh and I heard about your Grandpa. I'm sorry.

❤ WIckedWitch2000 ❤
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Girlie,
I have been trying to research the house to see if anyone died in there or anything. I don't think there was a bad guy in there, though because we were right in the kitchen with the only entrance they could get in. Thank you for helping me try to figure it out. 😊
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
HI, Cool story. It could have been a ghost of some one who ones lived there and wanted to scare you or was mad that you guys were in that room at that time. Maybe the ghost saved you guys, like there was a bad guy that came into the house and the ghost wanted to protect you so it scared you guys so you would go into another room. Then it scared the bad guy away. Hoped I helped.
GIRLIE
😁
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Francois,
Yes, the laughter did seem of a little girl. It was a couple years ago so I can't exactly remember.

BboyFreeze,
I know that my granny and grandpa are protecting my family. It is scary living with spirits my whole life, but after a while when you see and hear things, it scares you, but your used to it. 😊

Bruwx,
I think your right. I just couldn't think of a title. Haha.

ChrisB,
The laugh was pretty scary. It sure did shake us up!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Hi ghostlover13 that was a very interesting story. The laugh must have been very scary. I can imagine this and indeed its scary. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
wow, glover13 that must be frightening, I think the ghost wasn't angry, he just wanted you to notice him
BboyFreeze (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
So I believe you had already used to it, in living in that house. Since 'they' did not harm you or your family, I think they are just living in the house, wanting to look after the family. They might be protecting you. But its hard to imagine living with spirits for years. Its quite a scary experience. 😆
PossessedCreature (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
This Morning around 4am I Felt a Evil Spirit in My Room I Started Crying it Scared me it Felt like it went up to me and was staring down at me I hope in not getting "Paranoid" Somebody Comment at me if You Think I'm getting "Paranoid".
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Dear ghostlover13,

A creepy story indeed, I wonder why the spirit was being a tad "mean". I thought you had a little girl and boy aside from your grandparents. Was the laughter that of a child?

Thank you again for posting the story. God bless and deus vobiscum.

Sincerely,

Francois
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Katona,
Yes, It was pretty creepy. Luckily, my neice doesn't remember that since she was so young. Now she is about 8. I am not sure. It just got posted today, so yeah.
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
wow Inpresive
I never had, well sorta had somthing like that happen. It is in my story " Little Boy In the Dark ". I just wonderin, am I the only one who read this sofar. Email me later.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: