You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Shy Hello

Real Ghost Stories

A Shy Hello

 

All the experiences that I have had, the recent ones, have all happened while I have been in my room.

This experience only happened around ten minutes ago. I'm sitting at my computer desk, doing an assignment for history, at school. I had my music on, but only very softly, so it didn't distract me from what I was doing, as I do get easily distracted.

All of a sudden, I heard a shy girl's voice say "Hello". It was as if she was saying hello, to ask if anyone was there, because there was a question to the tone of her voice.

It sounded as though the voice was coming from behind me, but at the same time, it sounded as if it was right next to my ear.

I looked around, because at first I thought it came from outside my window, but I realized that my window isn't open enough for me to be able to hear someone speak from outside.

I always feel a presence in my room, not anywhere else in the house though. And as I have stated in another story of mine, Hand on My Waist, a psychic told me that a good friend of mine, Daniel, who passed away when I was in year 5 is always around me.

Although this voice that I heard though was a distinct voice of a girl, so it obviously couldn't have been him.

All I know is that it sure did scare the hell out of me!

Was I hearing things or was this something paranormal?

What do you guys think?

Other hauntings by courtneyOMGG

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, courtneyOMGG, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

pigscantflyx (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
Hmm its probably our friend who passed away and just wants to protect you. ❤ ❤ ❤
Thealoneone (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-09)
This spirit... She seems to know you or liek you. Perhaps she is daniels friend/sister
ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
hm very interesting story my friend...i'm sorry I can't offer assistance...

~Tora~
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
I'm starting to feel them around, and at times I feel comforted, but for an unknown reason, I guess it is my spirit guides:)
Thankyou!
Oglegen (6 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
Hi Courtney. I did ask them outloud, when I was a alone, meditating, but I don't think that's the hard and fast rule. You can ask them in your head or out loud or write it down or whatever you want! It's like Mary Poppins and the note in the fireplace - someway or somehow it gets through!
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
Well, an update on me contacting spirit guides -
I found a meditation for contacting your guides and animal guides on youtube, it only went for 8 minutes or so, but it worked!
Oglegen -
Thankyou so much for your comment! I'm just wondering, when you asked them to speak to you while others are around, did you ask this of them outloud?
Thankyou!
Oglegen (6 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-26)
Hi Courtney OMGG, I didn't check back on this comment until now - there seem to be so many stories on here it's hard to keep up with one that you're following!

I'm sure there is very little I can add to Whitebuffalo's help, but assuming you do all the physical testing as to where the voice came from and you are COMPLETELY sure that it couldn't have occurred through natural means within your house or your room, AND you'd like to try experimenting with spirit guides,...

I'm not an authority in the least on spirit guides, but try doing what I did, and when trying to contact your guides, make a request for them to make their presence known to you. I asked that they would let me know they were there while I was in the company of others, so that they didn't scare me. Lo and behold, about a month after I made this request I started to hear whispers in my ears calling my name ONLY when I was in the company of others. I tried to recreate all the circumstances when I heard the voice, but when I was alone and my partner went away for a week to work. SO, for example, I was sitting in the same chair at the same time/talking out loud about the same subject/watching the same stimulus eg, the car passing outside of the window but heard NOTHING from the voice. As soon as my partner returned from his trip, the first time we sat down together in the quiet, I heard the same voice... "Geneiuveve...?" And it was a kind voice and trust worthy voice. That isn't to say I'll trust it 100% just because my instinct tells me to... As I get to know the owner of this voice more I'll continue to test it and not let it in completely until I know for sure it's a guide.

Just a suggestion, and good luck for following some of the techniques on the site Whitebuffalo has sent. She is very wise.

Ogle
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
Very informative, is it not? The Webmaster is very concerned about putting out the correct information in the most understandable way. There is also a "question" section. Feel free to ask things. You MAY be surprised and see MY name as the one answering. 😉
Peace. And Safe Journey.
Autumn
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
Thankyou so much for your help whitebuffalo, that site is really helpful, and I'll be sure to try to make contact with my spirit guide.
Thanks again!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
Hello again, Courtney.
I am adding the link to a friends site that can "outline" Spirit Guides to you.
Http://www.extrasensory-perceptions-guide.com/meeting-spirit-guide.html
It is MY belief that the first encounter must be made by the Guide. Unless you are fairly intuitive, most of us are not consciously aware of when a Guide attempts to make contact with us, and honestly, many of us miss that experience. After the initial "introduction" we can all on them whenever necessary.
Thank you.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
Thankyou so much for all that information whitebuffalo!
How do I make concact with my spirit guides? And also, how exactly do I know when they are trying to talk to me?
Thanks
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Are Spirit Guides BAD?
Oh, NO, Courtney. In fact, SOME people would say that our Spirit Guide is "only" our conscience. I tend to disagree with that.
I KNOW when it is my conscience telling me that to steal a candy bar from the local gas station is wrong, even if it DOES look as if no one is looking. I KNOW it is my conscience telling me to "cheat" on paper work just to give me a few extra travel minutes is wrong.
A Spirit Guide, is more of a mentor. The term Spirit Guide generally makes reference to one or more entities who watch, protect, teach, heal, and help you on your physical journey into spiritual awareness. They are above in higher frequency, while you experience the physical below. Spirit Guides act as a spiritual counselor or protector to a living human being.
A Spirit Guide is there simply to guide, not as an entity that you need to give yourself over to. If a "Spirit Guide" has a negative influence on your behavior, then chances are good that it is not a Spirit Guide at all, but something else entirely.
In the event that THAT should happen, you would need only to call on your TRUE Spirit Guide to assist you in ridding your presence of this being. The Guides are there to protect. What better thing for them to protect but your reputation as the one they guide?
Thank you.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Thanks for your comment whitebuffalo 😊
Well, I was just thinking, some people I have told this to, have mentioned that it may be my spirit guides. Are they bad? I've never heard of them...

PrincessKatie -
That's some scary experiences you've had! Maybe try praying for it to go away?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Excuse me, please, courtneyOMGG.
This comment IS for all to read, but it is directed to a communication by PrincessKatie.
In MY house, when there is something that does not quite fit into the "norm" we TRY to investigate it from all angles. There ARE times that we "know" what the answer is, before we even begin the search, but in order to keep myself and my children's heads out of the clouds, and here in the earthly realm, we NEED to experiment.
Even if that means going out and doing something that we KNOW is not going to create the same sound, sight or VOICE. At least we have put forth the COMPLETE effort of either debunking OUR OWN experience, or proving it to be purely a Spiritual one.
I never try to tell people what they experience is not of this world. In all honesty, HOW would I KNOW? I was not there.
It is just in MY nature to experiment, to research, to ask and to gather. If "we" all went on assumptions, there would be a LOT of mislead people in the world.
We too, have a "shoulder whisperer" (that would be one of the beings that speaks directly in the ear seemingly from behind), but I have to be brutally truthful here, every time she speaks, we STILL try to find a source OTHER than the obvious.
It is just a good practice to get into.
Some day, someone on THIS site MAY become one of the leading ghost identifiers of our time. I would HATE to think that they got to that position with a LACK of research.
Thank you.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Once I heard a man's voice right near my ear but it was like he was in my head saying open the door. So I listened to him and I opened the door and there was my nan. The thing is later on Something tried killing me. Putting all its emotions onto me. It was the worse day of my life. I never forget it. 😢
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Its ok. By the way I know what you mean. I hear voices of ghosts/spirits. I looked behind me once hearing a voice and I heard a voice of a little girl turned round thinking it was my doll. It wasn't then It sounded like it was coming from my parents room. So I ignored it because I just couldn't be bothered and she was talking to fast. She got mad and then dropped something on the floor. It made a big bang. My parents were downstairs and then stood at the bottom of the stairs asking me what I was doing in there room. I replied it wasn't me. This little girl got me in trouble.

The other night I had a dream of this old fashion place and these men were running after people killing them for no reason because we were on there land. In the dream I had a daughter. Now that I think of that girl she was the same age as the girl in my dream. I guess she was from my past life. I have seen 1 ghost from my past life and think I heard another.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
courtneyOMGG,
I do not doubt that you can tell the difference between someone speaking in your room and in someone speaking outside of it.
I am sorry. When I read through your story I saw the questions: "Was I hearing things or was this something paranormal? What do you guys think?", then scrolled down to the "...and I need help with what I have experienced."
Since you have all of the answers without needed experimentation, what is it that you need assistance with?
Thank you.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Thanks for your comments guys!

Oglegen -
I've always wanted to contact my spirit guides, but I have absolutely no idea how to... Could you give me any tips? 😁

Whitebuffalo -
I know that if someone is standing outside my window, I can hear them. But I am able to distinguish between a voice coming from in my room, and from outside. This voice sounded as if it was behind me, but at the same time, right against my ear.

PrincessKatie -
Thanks for all your help! That site does help me alot, thankyou!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
I've seen loads of orbs in this house but not any more not for a few months I haven't.

This website tells you the meaning of orb colours.

Http://www.gettysburgghosts.net/orbcolors.htm

I've seen purple, red, white and a turquoise or blue one. These are the orb colours I used to see.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
I'm sure someone told me orbs are ghost energy
It shows what mood there in. Orbs in different colours mean different things.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
I hate to post this, as it MAY cause a problem, but in your own words "I realized that my window isn't open enough for me to be able to hear someone speak from outside."
Voices carry. That IS a possibility.
Why do you not try a bit of an experiment? Have someone you know and trust stand outside and say something. See if the words make it up to your room in a clear voice.
If the window is cracked, not even half an inch on the far side of our house, we can clearly make out conversation from the school yard on the near side of the house, but a football field away. The words are softly received, but when looking for the source, the search took us out of doors, and in the direction of the school yard.
Just a suggestion, nothing more. I always try to look at all of the possibilities before stating that there may be an entity.
Thank you.
Oglegen (6 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
I've had this a few times and I've come to my own conclusions about it. Whoever approaches you like that is probably not a bad ghost. I say probably, because you never know. I've had a whisper in my ear twice saying my name (always when I'm lying on my right side, in bed with my boyfriend) and it sounds like it's right up close but really far away at the same time. Sometimes it's a questioning whisper or my name, like to get my attention, and sometimes it's an affirmation of my name without a questioning or expecting tone. Also, I heard a spirit say "Suddenly..." the other day. Very bizarre. I asked my spirit guides to only contact me when I'm in other people's company so I don't feel too scared (I had a bad experience with a spirit in my childhood) and they always do. That's how I know it's my guides, because they obey my requests - they approach me on my terms, when I'm comfortable. Maybe this is the case with you?
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
in year 5? It could be a male voice that sounds feminine. Everyone has guardians, angels, and of course, family members, dear friends- who are deceased, who watch over us. Doesn't sound like anything to be afraid of. Check out my web site at www.ghost-e.com to search for more answers. Get into your family history and find out if there are any psychics, mediums, or sensitives. This will give you more insight into who you are... Do not fear hearing or seeing the unknown. Blessings, Ghostseer 😐
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
Tonith -
I live in an apartment block, but it looks more so like a resort 😜
I know that my area used to be a lot of grass and small houses, I'm not sure what used to be specifically where my room is.
As I have stated in other comments, my grandma, who is now passed on, and my mum, used to be sensitive to spirits.
I have always wanted to try doing an EVP in my room, although if something did turn out, I would be pretty freaked out!
Thanks for your comment:)
Take care ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-19)
You may just be sensitive and whatever spirit was there you were able to hear it. Is it something that is residing in your space but is no doubt wondering what you are doing in it's space. Guess you would have to know the history of your house to acertain who might have lived there and is still attached to your room. We never think of the dead being haunted by the living but maybe that's the case here. In her world or should I say her dimension you may be the one that is trespassing. If you hear it again say Hello back. Sometimes spirits have to be informed that it's time to move on. I know I would try to help any spirit go on to the Light. I wouldn't want to be stuck here when you don't have to be. It must be very confusing for those that are. Good luck and keep us informed.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-18)
Well yeah, you're probably right, and in my other story, Something In My Hallway, I saw 3 orbs of light, one being so much bigger then the other.
Does this mean I have 3 beings in my house?
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-18)
maybe Daniel is there but this voice wasn't him at the time. That's all some just get too upset to talk or try ignoring this world. Daniel could be watching you but you can't see him that's all sometimes they show up but most of the time they don't.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
That's interesting, it hurts others but protects you!
I always do feel something in my house, but I've always thought it was Daniel...
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
Whenever someone laughs at my experience something bad happens to them. I can't stop the spirit/ghost from getting mad. Its like the ghost won't let them laugh at me and he/she gets them back. Like my sister says I don't believe in this stuff then she goes work then later from out of no where a cup goes flying at her. There was only her and another girl there. It came from downstairs and she looked and no one was there.

I just find it funny it might seem horrible. It must be someone protecting me.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
yeah that can happen for no reason or it just could be a ghost. Loads of things fall of in my house but when you look nothings there.
I hear this marble or ball drop every night but when I look I can't see anything or what it could of been. The shower has been turned on by itself. That was really scary for me. I couldn't move out of my bedroom. Whenever I shout my parents there like come down stairs but I just don't want to run out of my bedroom past the bathroom. I don't want to see anything.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: