You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija Experience With James And My Mum

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija Experience With James And My Mum

 

This story occurred in the summer of 2006, if I remember correctly. My best friend at the time, James, was sleeping over at my house. I no longer am friends with him, but we used to do everything together.

We had lots of sleepovers, spent almost everyday together during the holidays, but we were especially interested in the paranormal.

One night, after having a swim in my pool, we were on the computer looking up things on ghosts, spirits, etc. We then found information on Ouija boards. We didn't know what these were... But we read up about them, and we were very curious.

My mum then told us it was time for dinner, so we sat at the dining table and began to eat. I brought up with my mum what me and James had been researching and reading. She told us stories of how when she was around 14 or 15, she used to do Ouija Boards with her mum and her auntie. She said that they only used them about 5 times.

James and I begged her if we could try one. After on-going begging for around 15 minutes (we were very persistent) she agreed.

We set up the board on the coffee table. The board had the letters of the alphabet cut out and placed in a circle, with YES at the top of the circle and NO at the bottom. We used a small shot glass as the planchette.

James, my mum and I put our index fingers very lightly on the glass. Before we started, my mum explained that for it to work, you had to believe it would, to have an open mind. Or otherwise it wouldn't. She also said that you must be nice to the spirits, treat them how you would like to be treated. So as James and I had never done this before, my mum started it off by asking questions such as "Are there any spirits present?"

Within about 20 seconds we got an answer, the glass moved to yes.

James and I looked at each other as if to say "I'm not moving it... What the hell?"

I cannot clearly remember what question my mum then asked, but it started to spell out words that made no sense, sort of like typing "skdfhsfshfkjhsfh".

My mum then asked if we could have someone who speaks English, as we couldn't understand what this person was saying, it then moved to yes.

James and I really wanted to talk to one of our best friends, Daniel, who had passed away 2 years before. We talked to him for a little bit. We asked him questions that really only he or any of our friends would have known. We asked who he wanted to talk to, and the glass came over to my direction, it almost fell off the table!

Then my mum asked if he was safe in heaven... With all the angels, and that he was doing good. It moved to yes.

By this time, James and I were bawling our eyes out. I don't know what made us cry- we weren't sad, I think it was more the relief of knowing he was okay.

My mum also wanted to speak to her mum, my nanna, who passed away 4 years before.

I asked Daniel if it was okay if we spoke to my grandma, it moved to yes, we said thank you.

My nanna always called my mum Sally. Even though my mum's name is Penny, Sally was just sort of a pet name for her. My mum asked if nanna was there, it moved to yes. Then I asked who she wanted to speak to, it spelt out Sally.

We spoke to nanna for a while, she said she loved us and missed us, but that she was okay.

Then nanna stopped replying... And it was silent for about 2 minutes. My mum asked if anyone was there, but the glass didn't move to yes, to no, or to any of the letters.

It started to move around in a clockwise direction really fast. James and I were getting really scared so mum said goodbye and we just took our fingers off the glass and packed it up.

Now, after talking to my youth group leaders, and reading more and more about Ouija boards, I know that they are evil. And it probably wasn't Daniel or my nanna that we were speaking to. But if they are evil, how come when we asked if they were safe in heaven with angels, it said yes?

Other hauntings by courtneyOMGG

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, courtneyOMGG, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

muplayer01 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
Hello there. I really like the story you posted yet there are still no explanation for the result you have gotten from it. Is it possible to play alone? I know it can be quite scary and terrifying to play this but, is it possible to play alone? If it is, you should be able to at the very least feel a presence of some sort. If it is possible to play alone, there is just the slightest chance that this Ouija board can allow human and spirits to talk to one another. As far as the videos and stories I've seen and watched, this game was never played alone other than a mere internet troll who has no belief in such things. I on the other hand have not experience such things in my life before, so all I can do is sought to its existence and believe in what people have experienced. My parents are shaman and I believe in spirits yet they can only cure your spiritual body, not your physical form. Besides, how old were you when this happen? If your just a child it makes sense correct? You must not know of the truth but parents will only seek to what makes their child happy. Santa clause for instances. It's not real, or so have it been proven to exist. It is just another fairy tale or mythical being. But, it is your experience, I will let you seek the answer to it. It never hurts to try again.
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-06)
Please be careful I think dealing with them threw one of these boards is not safe some spirit's may be good others not and could harm you The bad ones are out to lead you astray and will use any way that they can that is made easy for them and I have to say using one of those boards is making it very very easy for them. My advice if you plan on dealing with the subject of spirits in the future best to learn how to protect yourself, keep an open mind yes but, PLEASE protect yourself. I hope this helps.
666devilchicks (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-16)
i think the clock wise circle means they are opening a portle 😭 ❤
Good luck and I hope nothing happens ❤
white_roses84 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-07)
The clockwise circles means they are opening a portal. 😨 Good luck!
Scarygirlfreak (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-27)
oh ouija bored are evil? Who kneww wowwwww wowow I never knew that how come... I nevverrr used this and am not planning to they sound scarrii...
Flakjacket (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
I don't think 99.9% of the time time you are talking to demons or even evil spirits. How would anyone even know? Did they do a scientific study and ask them? Haha, people are so close minded. Although, I do agree, you have to be very careful using them.
Preeti (100 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
Demons devils bad entities are very clever there are just oposite of GOD starting with D and sometimes lok like DOG faced I got gosebumps when I was reading this GOD bless all, I to did Ouija board once when I was 10 or 11 and it was toooo scary anyways you are lucky and very brave.

God bless you ❤. Rest in peace ❤.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
Well, the board didn't say they were safe in heaven.
My mum asked, and it moved to yes.
But I can tell you now, there is noway I will ever be using one of those again!
Thanks for all your comments guys 😊
AngelStories (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-17)
Hi,
These demons are very, clever and will read your mind to use it for their own purpose. Remember who is in charge of them, that he was sent from Heaven himself, along with 300 more. And trust me there are millions of them here on earth with us at this very moment. He (the devil) knows how to read humans and do miracles, and manipulate you. I am sure you let the demon (s) out of the portal once the glass started to spin.
My experience with the board included that happening. We had music playing and was supposedly speaking to my aunt that liked the song that was playing, so we thought she was dancing to it. Wrong! We let the demons, demons I said, in the house. We are still going through stuff in the building now. People are possessed and don't realize it. But, I see it and know for sure that they are, I was too until I gave myself to God after repenting. I stay away from that place, I rarely go there. And when I do I can still tell that they (demons) are there. My last time going there was on New Years Eve 2008, and I was watching my family closely and can tell that they are not the same anymore. I want you to be careful and always keep God The Most High in your thought and prayers, play the gospel music, talk highly of Jesus and God all the time. I say this because these demons can't stand to hear this, and they don't want to be around it, so they will leave.But,don't think that they are not watching you, waiting for you to slip, so they can come again. If you feel the presence say "The Blood uf Jesus protects me". You can say it in your mind, out loud, and believe it in your heart.
God in Heaven bless this one and his/her family.
Repent and never use it again. ❤ ❤ ❤
Shiva (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-17)
Indeed it was something evil, because I have heard it too, that spirits in Heaven are never in touch with the living. Guardian Angels are different things but not spirits living in heaven. I strongly support Jessica's point of view. Please don't try anything like that again because you don't know to what you are opening yourself to.

Take care.
Godspeed S.
JessicaWishon1989 (6 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-17)
Courtney, Listen... I know you think it was daniel you were talking to whom was safe and happy in HEAVEN! But let me tell you something, and think about this!

I went to Psychic once When I lived In Florida, USA. The place was called casadaga... Its a small town, near a beach in Florida. The town consists of Nothing But spiritualist/psychics/mediums/clarevoyances, so on and so fourth. Anyone who does NOT have a "GIFT" is allowed to live there unless you are invited to move there! You have to be some kind of phenominal person to live there! But its a high tourist community in Florida!

I went there and I asked a psychic after he gave me my reading what he thought about "SPIRIT BOARDS"

He told me that if any thing shows up and tells you that there safe and happy in heaven, that its probably a demon/ or something of evil decent! Because God will not allow a happy person residing in heaven to contact anyone on earth who is still living!

So I went home that night and researced it, and everything I read on "SPIRIT BOARDS" said the same thing!

So if something or someone says there in heaven, say goodbye to them immeidatley! Because God will not allow them to commute with the living! Because once you die and go to heaven, your no longer living in sin!

And when you got emotional with your ex friend james, That could have been a spirit, good or bad who is in limbo, using your emotions, your energy, your brain power to allow itself to enter into your home. Basically you mine as well have said... Yes your invited, I don't know who you are, but your allowed to enter into my body, mind, soul and mostly your home!

Without your knowlage... You probably opened yourself up as a portal for a spirit or entity or even demon to enter your home, and thus leading to the huanting, and sightings that have occured!

Please keep this in mind!
And with deep condolance, keep safe, and obivously your involed in a church, ask if you preist, pastor, father what ever you call him/her to come into your house and bless it in the name of the lord!

Take care dear, I will be looking out for more stories!

<33Jessica ❤ ❤ ❤
rawriwantmycooki (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
Well it could have been them, Yew know like a 25% chance. But yew know if it just stoped and started spinning it could have opened a portal well if anything werid was happening afterwards then that's what happened

~ Buhbye, (>.o) laura
ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
hm...my friend has a demon following her...he's a pervert... And likes to make you think he's a cute little 2 year old... I used an Ouija board once and contacted said demon... His name is max but he told me his name was Tim... Yeah I'm not afraid cause he already stalks someone... But my friend made a big deal about if we said goodbye... Why is that?

~Tora~
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-20)
When James & I began crying, it was out of relief, and yes we, well I, did feel that warm and fuzzy feeling, so happy that we were able to talk to them again.
Thankyou for your comments:]
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
courtney,

Very many times, because of inexperience, or unbelief people will use a 'spirit board' with little or no respect or simply treat it as a toy. Both of these things CAN lead to very BAD outcomes. (I stress the word 'can' because not every attempt leads to making contact)

As with anything you try it is worth your time to study about what you want to do, that way you understand what you are attempting. You can learn the safeguards and how to protect yourself.

As far as who you were in contact with... While it's true Evil Spirits/Bad Entities will draw upon images from your mind and use their powers to try to make you think they are something else only you can know for sure. It's how you feel while in contact with the spirit/entity that wins out. If it's a loved one or benevolent spirit then deep down inside you should get what I like to call a 'warm fuzzy' feeling. (the relief you felt... Your tears... I bet it was more than just relief, I bet that the two of you felt really good at that moment during the session.) It's a feeling you will not get if it's a malevolent spirit trying to trick you, you have to know yourself, you have to be 'in tune' with the spirit world, and you have to trust your instincts.

I could go on and on but this is not the place, e-mail me if you have questions. (addie is in my profile)

Respectfully,

Rook
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
rookdygin-
That is really interesting!
I haven't ever researched where the boards originated from.
Many people who I've talked to said that it wasn't my grandma, or Daniel, that I contacted.
Just a bad spirit tricking me 😕
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Ah, excuse me, I feel I must interject something here... First from Wikipedia...

"The first historical mention of something resembling a Ouija board is found in China around 1200 B.C., a divination method known as fuji &#25206;&#20073; "planchette writing"."

And then there is the 'modern history' (from Wikipedia as well)... "During the late 1800s, planchettes were widely sold as a novelty. The businessmen Elijah Bond and Charles Kennard had the idea to patent a planchette sold with a board on which the alphabet was printed. The patentees filed on May 28, 1890 for patent protection and thus had invented the first Ouija board. Issue date on the patent was February 10, 1891. They received U.S. Patent 446,054. Bond was an attorney and was an inventor of other objects in addition to this device. An employee of Kennard, William Fuld took over the talking board production and in 1901, he started production of his own boards under the name "Ouija"."

Now that's out of the way. People have been trying various way to communcate with the Spirit World sense... Sense... Well who knows for sure, what is for certian is that no matter how one goes about it one should show respect for all aspects of everything that is involved. This means, DO NOT TREAT IT LIKE A GAME, because it is not a game.

(Climbs down off of 'High Horse')

CourtneyOMGG,

It sounds to me like you may have contacted your friend (as confirmed by your tears) and your Grandmother, but then another 'entity' was drawn to the 'opening' you had 'formed' (your 'link' with the other side) and it's presence caused your loved ones to withdraw from from you. Your Mom was wise in closeing the session when she did.

(Sorry about the length)

Respectfully,

Rook
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Don't use it! I know that they are bad now. It's basically like playing with fire,
Sooner or later you're bound to get burnt.
sbolduc (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
I'm from where the Ouija board was invented, salem ma. I have a Ouija board right from the factory in salem. My uncle got it as a gift in the 50's. Its in my attic and I have touched it and never will!
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
Thankyou for your comment Kye 😊
I have heard that too, but a few years after I had used the board.
I will remember that if I ever do think of using one again, although I doubt I will!
kye (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
I don't know if this helps anyone or anything... I'm just telling you about what I know of such "games". I come from a place where Ouija boards (the Chinese versions) are commonly known but most people say DO NOT USE IT... They say that not ALL the spirits that come are evil but A LOT want to stay, so NEVER EVER EVER release your fingers from the plate until you feel sure that the thing is not still there (and they say you have to tell it to please go many times before releasing). I think there are special phrases/ways to end it but I don't know them. What I know is... More than one can come, because another can follow the one that you called for, and that follower is usually not that good.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-08)
Thanks for your comment Mr_Burnz 😊
Alot of my friends have used the boards with no bad things happening too...
So I don't know 😕
My friend Maddison, last year sometime, she used a board to talk to Daniel for me, because I was too scared to use one again after hearing that they were from the Devil and stuff, >____> lol.
And she was using the board with her sister, Lauren. And while Maddison was asking if that was Daniel or something alone those lines, a bit of her hair went up as if someone was playing with it!
Creepy huh 😜
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-08)
Great story... Kind of got creepy and wierd towards the end. I'm not saying anyone is wrong or right in the past comments. I am a firm believer in Ouija Boards. I have a story on here as well. But in the past couple of years I have found out about them, and used them... NOT ONCE have I can into contact with an angry spirit, and I've used it more than 20-30 times over the course of about 3 years. So that 99.9% stuff is out the window... Either I'm talking to a very respctful spirit or I don't contact any at all... Anyways... Don't be scared of the Ouija Board... Just know what you're doing and don't play around with it. Be just as respectful as you were that night... Take Care And Go Bless 😉
This one's Going in my Favorites

Burnz
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-08)
Yeah that's what I've heard...
I don't think I'll ever go near one again.
😊
COBzeppelin99 (2 stories) (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
Don't EVER use a Ouija board. It'll bring demons into your life. 99.9% of the time you use them, you are speaking to demons pretending to be someone else
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
Thanks for all your comments guys! 😊
I now know not to use them, that they're just demons controling the board. But I'm glad I can say that the first and only experience I've had with the board was a pretty good one, considering what else can happen.
Although I do remember that after we did the board, James and I were supposed to be sleeping in the same room as where we did it, on the couches. I can clearly remember us both saying it felt like someone else was in the room...
What do you guys think?
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
Demons are master decievers, they could care less about lying. Yes, you were not speaking with your friends, as they have already reached eternity. Familiar spirits make it a thing to know every aspect of your life, which is why they seemed to know exactly what you were talking about.
voulme16 (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
maybe it lied when it said it was ok. But then again it could have been your friend and grandmother you was talkin to and then another spirt came and messed it all up rember like your mother said (keep your mind open) 😉
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
It is often the case that those contacted through the ouija board are out for their own gain, Lying would not be an issue if it served the purpose of keeping the portal open.

Please, stay away from ouijia boards. This experience turned out to be pretty mundane, who knows what could happen in the future.

God Bless!
Oglegen (6 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
Maybe the spirit you were talking to was trying to ingratiate itself to you and deceive you into thinking it had all the answers? Spirits you might meet through ouija boards aren't just black or white, evil or good. It may have been a naughty spirit, happy to pretend to be the people you love, but not to go as far as giving you a terrorizing experience, like you've obviously read about happening to others on some of the stories here. There's no doubt that ouija boards are a bad idea, and there are much better ways to contact spirits, like meditation. However, if your intentions were good, and like attracts like, then when you opened the door to the spirit world, you probably just contacted one of the neighbourhood hang-arounds who wanted to have a bit of fun and then got bored. I wouldn't recommend doing it again though, JUST IN CASE the next spirit you contact hasn't quite got the attention deficit of the last one!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: