You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija Boards Invite Trouble

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija Boards Invite Trouble

 

I was 15 years old when this happened, and this is one experience I'd rather forget...

It was September, a Saturday night and I do not remember the date. My friend Paula and I were sitting around her house talking about, well things, mostly why I couldn't meet her best friend Samantha. (later to be my 1st wife... That is another story.) Her parents were gone for the week-end and her younger sister was next door for a birthday sleep over at the neighbor's house.

About 9pm her sister and the neighbor and the other two sleep-over attendees came over with one of the gifts, it was an Ouija board (Parker Brothers all the way...) they wanted to use it and they knew Paula and I were into the Occult. (I had been a solo practitioner for 3 years. Paula and her sister were raised in a Wiccan household.) They wanted Paula to teach them how to use the board because Paula was able to use a spirit board that had been made by her grandmother-it was a maple board with a hickory planchete (pointer).

The girls insisted that the new 'game' be used, so Paula and I, her sister and the b-day girl sat down around the card table and Paula explained what was going to be done, how it worked-how to open and close the board. I asked that everyone think good/happy thoughts as we attempted to contact a spirit.

At first there was nothing, I guess this was about 45 minutes. Then, we got a response. The spirit said it was male and answered a few questions that only the birthday girl would know the answers to. (It was her party after all). The spirit became agitated, and when asked why it spelled out one word, S H A D O W.

For ten minutes that's all we could get from the board, which then went 'dead'. I mean you could feel that the spirit had left. So Paula closed the board and we all got up and were talking about what we had just experienced.

I had to go to the bathroom, so I went to exit the room and as I was about to walk into the hallway I stopped, I didn't like the way the hall felt, didn't matter I had to pee, I wasn't going into the hall, no way no how.

I turned back into the room and remember Paula asking me, "Are you..." that was as far as she got, I was attacked by...something, not physically, but this thing grabbed at my mind. I dropped to one knee and Paula rushed over and grabbed my hands as I fought for control. Paula added her strength to mine, helping me to fight whatever this thing was but it was growing stronger. Paula asked if any of the other girls knew the Lord's Prayer and when none of them could say it she had her sister grab the family bible from the next room. They found the Prayer and Paula's sister and the birthday girl began the say it out loud. It got worse, I'm not sure how Paula and I ended up back at the table, sitting across from each other, still holding hands but there we were then suddenly it was gone, just gone. No more fighting for control. No more pressure inside my head, whatever it had been was gone. It was 1 minute past midnight... Sunday morning.

It was then that it struck me; Paula had asked the girls to say the Lord's Prayer. She was not one to do that, quite the opposite in fact. Paula was, I'll just say very dark. This was to my light. It's why we always felt we worked so good together. Paula never told me why she had done that, asked the girls for the Lord's Prayer, and I never pressed her for it.

That was 26 years ago, Paula and I have lost contact with each other but we both were sure that whatever attacked me had been attracted to the open link from the Ouija board and that is the reason it had gotten through. There were no wards, no protective 'built' into the 'game' board because it was just that... A mass produced game board. I have never used a Parker Brothers Ouija Game Board since and I never will. I feel they 'invite trouble' by offering a very open way to communicate with the 'other side' to people who have no idea what they are doing, and even those that do know have a problem because the 'opening' is not tuned, warded/guarded...basically no precautions in place.

Other hauntings by rookdygin

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rookdygin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghosthacker (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-08)
[at] rookdygin Hi, very nice story. I'm 18 year old girl from India and want to be a paranormal researcher. Can you help me or what can I do to be the paranormal researcher.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-09)
Lukas,

Many Happy returns to you.

Try this site for a bit of background and history...

Http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/the-strange-and-mysterious-history-of-the-ouija-board-5860627/

(Hope the link works)

You can also find a store... Not a commercial toy store or even your local Target or K- mart... What have you... But a good Metaphysical Store, one that deals in the occult on a regular basis and you may be able to find someone who is willing to teach you the knowledge you are seeking...

Research is the key, this is not something to experiment with... And even being armed with knowledge and protection you may find yourself in an unexpected situation... Stay calm... Remember the basics... And you will do fine. Learn from your mistakes... Those are the lessons we (should) never forget.

Luck to you and the wish that positive energy be with you.

Respectfully,

Rook
Lukav (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-09)
I should be clear in that I don't intend to "mess around" with a ouija board--that was very poorly worded on my part. I intend to be as cautious as possible when, or if, I will attempt to use a ouija board. I may even decide not to try it at all; it'll just depend on how safe I deem it to be after I study it as much as possible over a very long time period--probably being weeks from now.
Lukav (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-09)
Very interesting. I've never messed around with a ouija board, but have always been interested. I think I still might try it, but I'm going to take a LOT of time to educate myself on everything I can regarding protections and how to deal with any and all situations that may arise so I can (hopefully) be ready for the very worst. Now the tricky part will be finding info that is legit and not just a bunch of crap. But I will take my time. If anyone has any links to some helpful websites, I would appreciate it. 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-10-22)
Dear Rook, I don't know if you will read this, my friend because, for one this is a very old posting of yours and secondly, we have been missing your services in this site for the last few months.

But the experience you had was extraordinary. I don't know if it is an anxiety attack or that you were controlled by some entity, which was definitely evil. For a long time, years now, I am not touching the Ouija Board and I advise everybody not to do so.

Fortunately, here in India, unlike in USA, Ouija Boards are not sold in shops. However, many people still use home-made Ouija Boards and that too without taking precautions. But whenever I come across friends and others expressing that they would like to use Ouija, I dissuade them actually.

Thanks for sharing and even after five years, this narrative sounds as a warning to people, who want to use Ouija.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-28)
francyne,

No, YGS does not have a PM 'service'. However you may wish to check an individuals profile. Some people, myself included, have placed our e-mail addresses in them so we can be contacted 'off site'.

Or you can post your e-mail address on your profile and ask the individual to contact you by it. Those are good ways to get 'private' messages to/from other members on the site.

Hope that helps.

Respectfully,

Rook
francyne1031 (49 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-28)
Rook,
I know this is off topic... But is there anyway to send a private message to other members? I am sorry for posting this in your thread, but I have been reading posts on this site for a couple years but have only just become a member. Again, sorry for posting this here but I know you are very knowledgable about this site:)
Thank You
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-28)
BUMP!

Just in case the individual I am addressing missed the original posting of my comment, which can be seen below. Tammy I hope you return and read/comment back.

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-27)
xx_Tammy_xx,

I'll bring this over here so the original thread you posted on is not 'interrupted'. You have made this GRAND statement (quoted below) and I wish to address a few things concerning it.

"Ok. I have played with the Ouija Board a few times, I have never had any bad experiences (Although we did it on paper, It still worked!) and I just want to tell you, NEVER BURN IT! Because if you do and you hear a scream, you have less then 24 months to live. NEVER BURN IT.
And also, DONT PRAY BEFORE USING IT, you are already using something demonic and god can't help you with what happens. If you chose to use it, but you don't want an evil spirit use PURE silver, and put a circle of salt around you (Im pretty sure it burns them?) Also, if you are attached to some type of jewellery, wear it!
Envision a bright, white light around you, positive energy.
ALSO! If the board started counting down through the alphabet or down through the numbers, DONT LET IT, IF IT SUCEEDS YOU HAVE LET IT OUT OF THE BOARD! NEVER LET IT FLY OFF, IF IT DOES FLY OFF, YOU HAVE LET IT OUT OF THE BOARD!

Be sure of what shape you make in the circle, e.g- Pentagram, Triquetra, 3 moons... Etc.
AND NEVER ASK QUESTIONS SUCH AS: When will I die, If you are real, prove it! How will I die, Show yourself, Are you going to hurt me/us/her/him/them."

First: You begin by saying this...

"I have played with the Ouija Board a few times, I have never had any bad experiences (Although we did it on paper, It still worked!) "

I dislike the word 'PLAYED' as it denotes a group of individuals who are not taking 'making contact' with the Spirit World seriously. Also may I ask how many times you are referring to? I ask because the combination of 'PLAYING' with a Ouija Board and the fact it was 'drawn' on paper make for a dangerous combination or should I say create an 'OPEN INVITATION' for negative entities/energies to 'come through'.

Second: You state this...

"DONT PRAY BEFORE USING IT, you are already using something demonic and god can't help you with what happens."

How do you know its 'demonic'? This 'object' you have created... In your case... Something drawn on a piece of paper... Did the person creating/drawing it do so as they 'consecrated' it to these 'Dark Entities'?

The Board or 'piece of paper' is just that... A Board or piece of paper until 'dedicated'/'used' in such a way that it 'becomes 'negative/evil'. It's the same with 'Magic'...there is no White/Good or Black/Evil Magic per say... There is 'Magic/Energy' and how the individual chooses to use it.

Third: Your point is lost with this statement...

"If you chose to use it, but you don't want an evil spirit use PURE silver, and put a circle of salt around you..."

Point of order just before this you said this about the Board...

"...you are already using something demonic..."

If its already Demonic then nothing 'Good' will be able to come 'through' the board. It doesn't matter if you want something 'good' to come through if the Board is Demonic it can not, will not happen... Demonic is Demonic... It may make you think its 'good' but in the long run its just deceiving you.

Fourth: You seem fairly knowledgeable concerning some aspects of Ouija Board Lore, such as...

"If the board started counting down through the alphabet or down through the numbers, DONT LET IT, IF IT SUCEEDS YOU HAVE LET IT OUT OF THE BOARD! NEVER LET IT FLY OFF, IF IT DOES FLY OFF, YOU HAVE LET IT OUT OF THE BOARD!"

These are not situations you have to be worried about if you have taken the proper precautions concerning contacting the Spirit World... They are 'scare tactics' from the 'Spirit' contacted who may very well be attempting to gain entrance onto the physical plane but again. If the proper precautions have been taken then they will be unable to do so.

Fifth: This statement from you I can agree with...

"NEVER ASK QUESTIONS SUCH AS: When will I die, If you are real, prove it! How will I die, Show yourself, Are you going to hurt me/us/her/him/them."

These are questions that upset 'Spirits' it takes a strong effort on their part to make contact in this manner and then they are asked questions that 'mock/question' them or there existence.

Lastly: You stated this...

"I just want to tell you, NEVER BURN IT! Because if you do and you hear a scream, you have less then 24 months to live. NEVER BURN IT."

Again...Ouija Board 'Lore' and 'Scare Tactics'.

I have aided in burning a Board. A Witch I knew had passed away and they had requested that their Ouija Board be burned after their passing. This was a Board that they had created themselves... Carved and burned into a piece of wood with a stained glass planchette. They had requested that in the event of their death that the board was to be burned 7 days after their passing. The request was carried out and as this Board burned it 'screamed'. There is a natural explanation for this and it has to do with the wood and the sap in it as well as the 'sealants' used on the wood itself. The real point I'm trying to make is this...I've burned a Board...I've heard it 'scream'. I was 21 years old at the time of this event and I am now 45... So much for the 24 months to live that you say an individual has if they hear the board 'scream' as it burns.

I think I would have let your comment go except I checked your profile and I saw this...

"Everything I say is 100% true, not a shadow of a doubt."

I admire your interest in the paranormal as well as your enthusiasm but please let your statements be grounded in well rounded research and not from a single 'line of thought'.

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
geetha,

You would be correct, I have not used a Board sense this incident.

You've asked about my Personal Belief's, and Paula's 'dark' to my 'light'. I may have been incorrect using the term Wicca to describe what I was 'into' when I was this age so I'll say it like this... I was a 'White' Witch, Paula was a 'Black' Witch. A good example would be our approach to Candle Rituals...

I would use Biblical Quotes to assist in the casting of any 'spells' I may have done. A good example is this book 'Practical Candle Burning Rituals: Spells and Rituals for ever Purpose' By Raymond Buckland. (http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Candleburning-Rituals-Purpose-Llewellyns/dp/0875420486) In it are two versions of each spell, one being the 'Old Religion' version the other being the 'Christian' version and sense I did (and still do) believe in Heavenly Father and His Son, I used the 'Christian' version... These drew from the book of Pslams. Paula on the other hand would 'call' upon 'darker' forces (that's a nice way of saying it).

I have 'converted' back to an Organized Christian Church but the lessons I learned over the years can help people and that's what I try to do here.

Respectfully,

Rook
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
This story is another reason why I won't touch or go near an Ouija Board. I haven't finished reading the rest of your stories but have you used an Ouija Board after this incident? Also, I'm not sure of the Wicca believes and practices, but what do you mean when you say that your friend was dark to your light? Just curious as to the Wicca culture (religion?). You mentioned that you still have a good relationship with your ex - wife, does she still contact with your friend? I'm asking (and if this is personal, you don't have to answer) because I was just curious as to why she would use a bible verse to fight of the bad entity if she was a practicing Wicca. Do you use the bible in your belief system?

I'm hope you don't take offence to my questions, it's just interesting to find out about something I don't know. I'm naturally curious about everything I don't know.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Spider,

There are those that deserve to be ignored and then there are those that have to be addressed of those 'self same' teenagers will get the wrong 'impression' and or attempt something based on 'bad information that may lead to them getting hurt.

Learning by experience is fine, but there are those 'fields' that if attempted 'unaware' or with the wrong instructions lead to people getting hurt.

While there are no such things as experts in this field, there are those of us who have learned some hard lessons and we just want to pass along that knowledge so that others can avoid our mistakes.

Respectfully,

Rook
SpiderZA (2 stories) (81 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Hi again
Yes I understand where you are coming from.
I guess I will just have to go with gut feel for certain stories.
I tend to just ignore posts I doubt. Haha, unlike certain posters who fuel arguments, so it shouldnt be an issue for me:)

Also Respectfully,
Spider
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
SpiderZA,

The 3am can be a 'warning...danger Will Robinson' or maybe the time plays a valid role in the individuals experience.

Hollywood and Books have 'created' a 'mythology' around this time of the morning and I BELIEVE (my opinion folks) that if enough people think about something... The 'thought energy' (for lack of a better term) may attract a spirit / entity that will take the form of what this group consciousnesses has been focused on. (Hope that makes sense) So if someone hears noises in their home at 3 am and this event replays a few times and they cannot figure out what it is (even though it has a natural cause) they begin to 'think' it's paranormal... This thought energy attracts a spirit which then 'attaches' itself to the location or individual and now there is a real haunting.

Anyway, just a thought (theory) I've run across, one I think has some merit.

Respectfully,

Rook
SpiderZA (2 stories) (81 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Hi Rook,
No definitely not yours. I tend to get a feel for people, even in text. I started by reading your comments, which led me to want to read your experiences, and all of them felt valid to me.
I don't know, maybe its the part at the top of the stories that reads "This poster is a teenager" that puts me off. I realise experiences aren't age based or anything like that but sometimes... Especially when the 3am thing pops up, I guess I just feel led on...
I hope this doesn't generate a Hate Thread or make me look like a sceptic, I have just had a hard time finding someone/things I can believe. I really want to know more about paranormal things as I have been interested in it my entire life. But here in SA its hard to find documented happenings or find groups to join.

Spider
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
SpiderZA,

Glad I could clear that up. I can't help but ask this, so please excuse me for doing so...

Just which 'tales' were you referring to... Just generally on the site or mine in particular? There are some 'unusual' ones on the site to be sure, however if you have questions about any of mine please feel free to ask about them.

Respectfully,

Rook
SpiderZA (2 stories) (81 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Oh ok that makes more sense... Thank you.
Sometimes I miss things, hence the reason I have a habit of asking redundant questions, lol.

Look forward to sharing views and events.

Spider
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
SpiderZA,

Welcome and well met. I see the comment you are questioning and I even had to re-read it a couple of times to see just what it was about. Vanessanda and her 'BFF' were at the age of 11/12 it was her BFF's older sister ANNA that drove into the railway crossing. I'll quote it so it's easier to find...

"Then suddenly, the spirit got out of control and started throwing the letters "k,I,l" (kill) onto my BFF's sister's lap. We put the letters back and asked it not to be mean and telling it that she was frightening us. But over and over again, the letters would float up and land back onto Anna's lap."

Then she says...

"The following day, Anna drove through a railway stop sign, got hit by the train..."

So you can see Anna was the 'older sister' and in fact was the one driving the car, alone, when the accident happened.

I hope that helps clear things up. Feel free to comment on any of my experiences, ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
SpiderZA (2 stories) (81 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Hello Rook
I just recently joined the site and am waiting for my experience to be loaded.
I noticed you were quite the commenter and seemed to be one of the legit people on here so I started reading your stories and the comments that followed. I have read a few tales I do not believe but have chosen to keep this to myself as I cannot claim on something I was not present at. I am however confused by Vanessanda's comment that they were 11/12 and the next day her friend "Drove a Car" through a railway? Am I reading that wrong?
Thanks and I hope I am not being obtrusive.
Spider
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
DrGhost,

I actually feel quite the opposite. I feel Religions should... How did you put it..."interact".

By sharing ideas we learn what our 'common ground' is... Where our differences lie and can inter into open discussion concerning them. If we keep them separate, shrouded in 'mystery' a 'better than you' attitude can develop. From there the 'Sin' of Pride is not far behind (Our way is the only, Our Religion is the only 'True Religion'...ect...ect...ect) and that happens way to often and could be avoided if there was interaction between Groups rather than an avoidance policy being 'in effect'.

The 'True Path' may be narrow but each individual has to find their own way to it... So there are as may roads to 'Enlightenment/Redemption' as there are people in the World.

Respectfully,

Rook
DrGhost (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
Thank you for replying Rook.
No it's not a test.
I always had a feeling for different religions.
My dad is a shaman and he says that it's not good for other religions to interact. Why do you think it's not good for them to interact (last question sorry)?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
DrGhost,

Interesting question you have posed...it's hard to call anyone's personnel belief's 'real or fake' because to them they are 'real'.

As far a religions go... There are basic Universal Truths that seem to cross the teachings of all organized Religions. They deal with personal accountability and how to treat/interact with other people...

It says in Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Each of us is given knowledge according to our Faith... True Faith and 'Full' Knowledge can only be reached in 'small steps'. The teachings build upon themselves until full and complete understanding is reached, often this occurs after we 'pass on' but for a few they 'get it' and when that happens they a 'transformed' and cross over without having to face Death...Enoch...and any of the 'Ascended Prophets' had reached reached this point. Their 'starting point... Or choice of 'Religion' didn't matter.

So there is No 'Religion' that has all the answers... Each has a measure of the 'Truth' and as we progress we may 'change' Churches, coming closer to the full Truth as we 'progress personally'.

I hope that makes some kind of sense.

Respectfully,

Rook

(Is this a 'test'?)
DrGhost (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
Rook I always wanted to ask you a question (s). Do you think other religions are real or fake? Because other religions like Taoism and Buddhism in China have this thing called the lunar month and it practically is ghost being able to come out while people are burning offerings. And Taoist priest also do rituals so the ghosts can come and go smoothly. And a religion in Haiti is Voodoo where Bokars (Voodoo priest) have the power to enslave a persons spirit and making it a slave. Do you believe in those religions stuff or do you think that it's just bs? Please reply.
DrGhost (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
My theory is that when people use ouiji boards to call a spirit, another spirit takes that advantage to try to get out. Also I think ouiji boards have a very wide connection and should not be used without protection.
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
Rook, after reading your story and posting my comment, I couldn't get my mind off it. All the memories came rushing back and I couldn't sleep that night. I even remembered the chant we used to open and it scared me thinking about it. We started dabbling at about that age but I remembered later that we were 15 when that particular incident happened. It never worked for us until my friend Betty suggested we do it at her place because she said it always worked for her sisters, who were a lot older than us... Betty was a late child. And I totally agree with you. Up until then I considered it a game and didn't believe in it. We were kids and kids don't really have a sense of fear or consequences. I thought I had forgotten the whole thing until I read your story, now I wonder if I subconsciously blocked it from my mind. I have suffered from post traumatic amnesia at one time in life.

Back then, we considered it was an evil spirit with bad intentions, especially after the accident. Of course, we blamed ourselves. Now, thinking about it, I too wonder if we saw it the wrong way back then, maybe it was trying to warn us, but I'm still not sure. It also crossed my mind that maybe my shadow man might be connected to that spirit which we invited from the glass?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
Vanessanda,

I feel for you and what happened to your Friend Anna.

You have also brought up a point I try to make when the Topic of the Ouija Board raises it's head around here.

You said...I'll quote you..."I was about 11 or 12, I was at my BFF and we decided to 'play' Ouija."

Two things here...1) Your age, guessing your BFF was aboput the same age, as well as all the others 'playing'.

Who had the experience and 'knew' the basics of opening contact, shielding yourselves and closing the session?

2) The word PLAYING, that's just it, age doesn't matter, contacting spirits is NOT a GAME it's not something to be PLAYED with.

(Climbs off soap box)

However, after saying that, it sounds as if you had made contact with a Spirit that was trying to warn your Friend Anna... It did the best it could but only managed to scare the Hell out you guys. I say that because had it been something more...sinister...the things happening to those who had 'played' that day would have been drawn out over weeks and months... The 'weakest link' would have been found and the 'Spirit/Entity' would have then set out in earnest to work it's way into their lives and make them miserable. At least that's my opinion.

Thanks for sharing this.

Respectfully,

Rook
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
Rook, when I was young, we used to dabble with the Ouija board. One time, I was about 11 or 12, I was at my BFF and we decided to 'play' Ouija. We used to make our own using an upturned glass and writing up our own letters out of paper. At some stage I eventually had no choice but to believe that none of us were pushing that glass and that it had to be a spirit, especially when the glass went awol while nobody was touching it! One time, the spirit we attracted was mean and we thought it was a poltergeist. It said it was a child but I can't remember its story now, only that it had died a pretty horrible death. Then suddenly, the spirit got out of control and started throwing the letters "k,I,l" (kill) onto my BFF's sister's lap. We put the letters back and asked it not to be mean and telling it that she was frightening us. But over and over again, the letters would float up and land back onto Anna's lap. She was terrified, heck we all got scared. We tore up the letters and started crossing ourselves and said a prayer. She was so scared, she said she would never do it again. The following day, Anna drove through a railway stop sign, got hit by the train, was thrown I don't know how far out of the car. Anna had very long hair and it was pretty distinguishable. A passerby who stopped to offer his help, noticed a scalp, torn off during the impact, and called the Dad and said, "There's been a terrible train accident and there is a scalp which looks like Anna's hair. The dad rushed down and although she was unrecognisable, it was definitley her hair. The rest of us felt guilty and we never "played" with Ouijas again.
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
Hmm, as I experience more and get a bit wiser, I too have come to realize that Ouijas aren't the best tools to use, even if the one using claims to be a "professional".

I've used an Ouija a few times (due to an insatiable curiosity) and the last few experiences are starting to curb that curiosity.

I believe Ouijas are neutral, however, the methods in which they are used and the beings being contacted can change its neutral balance. Entities are a tricky subject and demons tend to be sneaky, so my advice to anyone who absolutely MUST use one, due to curiosity, would be to take it extremely serious, know precautions one should take, have proper materials handy, have knowledge about them, and trust instincts.

Hopefully, your story can warn others to gain knowledge of this subject and be cautious.

Once again, you've published a nice, well written story. I look foward to reading more of your accounts. 😊
butthead (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
I think it is a little heavy that someone react so... I can't find another word... Violently, as 'forgotten angel' has here.

(sorry if I continue something of which you would prefer not to read amongst your story, rook. I will not repost regarding this subject)

I liked the story, and have used ouija boards myself in the past.
And I don't think its anxiety that you suffered from, I have suffered heavily from anxiety in the past and don't recall such a thing as you mention here.
I am also sensative and am not one to panic when something... Paranormal happens. Can't stop the heart beating faster though!.

Unfortunately, the only thing in my mind right now is that someone is claming that demons are a things with good intent.

Whie I have no evidence to go against such a comment, many other peope do have mental and physical evidence of demons ruining the very lives they live, wether it be mental disturbance, pyshical or mental torture, posession that leads to horrible acts, or a demonic presence attributing too or in the worst cases, causing suicide.
It seems that in almost all accounts of meetings with demons, those who speak of them have recorded that demons are tricksters, that they will do anything to befriend a person, or gain power of a soul.

And if I'm blunt... I am worried that forgotten angel has in some ways been tricked into inviting these demons into her life.
I sense anger in everything she writes, which worries me more, and makes me wonder exactly just how much influence demons may already have on the her life, and to what future her life may lead to as a result.

I get bad vibes from these comments she leaves, really bad vibes, and its more than the fact that she speaks of demons positively.

One question forgotten angel, for yourself to think about, and please don't reply as I will not re-reply;

Is it possible, that it was not god who sent you to hell and back, but a demon who in some way has made you believe it was god who put you through whatever torment you seem to claim? It would be the trick of all tricks of a demon to make someone believe that demons are good, by making god look bad.
Think about that. (demons ARE tricksters)
But like Rook, I'm also confused... Not just in the way he is, but also that you say god sent you to hell and back - yet, you don't believe in god. And taht in some ways you think demons are gods. It all sounds confusing and in some ways contradicting.

The trick of all tricks would have to be, when a demon presents itself as one's savour, in order to take the faith from an innocent soul and in doing so, claim the soul for itself.

Just my thought's. No offense intended, while everything I say is written with a sense of love, something that demons are incapable of doing. (I feel pretty safe to assume) Read what you wrote, and think about that... Also.

Anyway, nice story Rook. I'll read some others soon.

Adam.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Well it's nice to see that this story still causes people to 'talk' about this issue. Though I must admit I'm a wee bit disapointed in the last couple of posts...Don't 'blast' each other here. Read what is being said, understand it before replying. Just because we all view things differently does not make any one of us more 'right' or 'worng' than the next. It just means we are all different and that is something I am truly Greatful for.

Forgotten_angel,

In one of your replies you start off by saying God sent you to hell... Then you say "I believe in Satan, not god..." These statements are made in the same post and I find that confusing.

If you believe in Biblical Scripture then you can't have one with-out the other... If you don't then these entities in your room... 'your friends' that helped you are not the 'entities' as desrcibed in Biblical Scripture.

I don't know where you were 'sent' nor by whom, but if you have posted that story here on these boards then please direct me to it so that I may read it. I wish to have a better understanding of your point of view.

Respectfully,

Rook Dygin

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: