You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Uncle

Real Ghost Stories

Uncle

 

Before my dad was born in 1964, his parents had a baby before him, 2 years before. My godmother told me that there was something wrong with him when he was 8 years old. He got really sick. She said he was like a carrot on a pan. He got so sick that he died.

My godmother said that my grandma was devastated. I never knew him, but I have heard a lot of stuff about him, he looked like my dad, he was disabled, and my grandma really loved him.

One day during the summer, I get out of my bed and go to the couch to read some books. When I got out there, I saw a grown up man wearing a white shirt like the ones men wear under their tuxedo jacket; it had gold buttons, he was wearing black pants, and black shoes.

I was standing pretty close to it when I got a bookmark and he looked like my dad. I knew it was not my dead grandpa who I have seen numerous times, my grandpa wears something different.

That night my sister and I talked about it. I said, "Hey I saw grandpa today but he was wearing something different". I described the outfit and my sister freaks out and tells me that it's not him. She said it's someone else!

I ask her who she thinks it is and she said names of relatives who died. I don't think it's any of them until she mentions my dad's dead brother. And I think to myself "Is it really him?"

I don't know who it is or maybe the apartment is haunted.

Other hauntings by username50

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, username50, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

username50 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-02)
i am not trying to be mean but what do you mean jerryhend1? I do not understand,
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-14)
I don't understand why, if in fact it was your uncle that he would apper as an older man, no I think you saw someone else, the dead don't grow, at lest unto us...
shobha (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-30)
I just don't get it, why do your stories always a ring of untruth. You should become a novelist -fiction of course.
username50 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-12)
There were no family photographs, they lived on the streets.
They look like real people to me but they have like a bright lighting to them kind of.
This is the first time I saw a figure there.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
Username50 hi and thank you for posting your experience.

You have mentioned that your uncle looked very much like your dad which might be the reason the apparition of the "older man" appeared in that form and not as an eight year old child-because you'd be able to spot the similarities to your own father and not be frightened by the experience. That of course might be the case if we assume that what you saw was indeed your uncle.

I'm a little skeptical though since had he manifested as a child, you would have been able to tell it was him right away since you know you had an uncle that had died at that age and you could have verified that through pictures.

This thought though, leads to the following question. Have you ever seen a photo of your uncle? You say you "heard" he looked like your father but have you actually seen him in any family photograph?

Next question, how exactly do these apparitions appear? You say they look like your grandfather, uncle etc which leads me to believe they appear in some kind of form that makes their features not easily discernable,right?

Another question. Is this the first time you saw a figure in that house? Is that why you wonder if it might be "haunted" or is it because you consider the rest of the visits "family dropping by" while you are uncertain about the identity of this man?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: