You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: My First Ouija Experience

Real Ghost Stories

My First Ouija Experience

 

This is my first post on this site. It details my first contact with spirits both kind and evil.

It all started last August. My brother had just gone off to college and I had an hour and half after school to myself as my mum was still at work. My friend had just got a Ouija board and me, still naïve to the horror of the thing, decided that playing the "game" would be a fun way to spend my alone time.

That Friday I invited him over; he set up the board and lit a few candles. He told me at any cost I wasn't to break the circle until the spirit said goodbye. I jokingly agreed, as I was sceptical of the board's powers.

He started off by asking if there was anyone present in the room. The shot glass, that seemed to have appeared on the board without my seeing, went to the yes. My friend continued to question the spirit, which seemed more than happy to answer. My first few experiences were all like that one, friendly spirits and what at the time I still thought was a bit of fun.

After a few weeks of using the board I started to feel connected with it. I started to question my friend's right to own it, and felt like it belonged to me. I asked my friend if we could keep the board at my house, as it would save him bringing it over everyday or at least that's the reason I gave him, He made me promise I'd never use the board alone before he agreed to pass it to me. At that time my promise meant very little, but to this day I haven't used the board alone.

On the 23rd September my friend came over for what was to be the last time. He set up the board, lit some candles and placed the shot glass he had concealed in his coat pocket, onto the board, but something was different. I can't quite explain it but things seemed more real and darker than what I had experienced before. The first and last spirit we met that night was called Paul. We asked his age, he answered 41. We asked where he was. He replied hell. We asked why and that was when he turned. The glass started moving more rapidly, and aggressively. We asked if we could leave and he replied no. We asked again and got no reply. The lights went out in my room, the door slammed shut and then silence. The room turned cold and nothing but a faint tap of my bedroom window could be heard. I glanced over at the closed curtains and then at my friend. He was white in the face. Our eyes met and I gestured to him to ask the spirit to stop. He did so, in a somewhat trembling voice, and the spirit answered yes.

I don't remember much after that, my friend tells me I passed out and broke the circle, but I'm not so sure. When I woke I felt empty and alone.

It's been a year and a bit now and I will never forget that night. I will never forget the memories left with me, that I did not experience myself.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mattrius, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Walter_R (1 stories) (81 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
We took our Ouija board and broke it up and put it into the fire stove and it turned the whole stove and pipe red, it was making a really loud screeming sound. I can still remember that to this day. My oldest brother put the board into
The fire stove and we were all standing around
Then he lite the fire and we went up stairs only
To come running back down stairs when we heard the screeming sound.

Every since that day I have never seen a fire
Turn the whole stove red and the pipe, to this day I'm still using fire stoves. But I'm not
Using a Ouija board ever again!

Take care,

Walter
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
I'm still on the fence about ouija boards I've had both good/bad experiences. I'm just careful when I play and I usually play by myself. I'll see things out of the corner of my eye sometimes but mostly my cat comes out of nowhere and just wants to lay on my board and scoot the planchette around. She loves to be near me when I play with the stupid board. Lol. I say prayers and make sure to properly open and close the board and I'm good to go. The only problem I had with an ouija was when I played with a used board and it wasn't my own.
kittythatsme (4 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-20)
I know you posted this a while ago but wanted to leave you a comment anyway. Ouija boards have been used in my family for many generations, of course different variations of it from wooden ones made from dying tree trunks to the board game sold in your local Toy "R" us. It is not a toy to play with alone, I have done that and its not fun, my Aunt as well. Evil spirits will tell you whatever you want to hear in the beginning to make you want to play more with the board to give them energy, then hook you in like you are in a trance. I am sure you don't play with it anymore and that is a good thing...
Have a good one.
Much Peace to you

-katie
SupernaturalWaffle (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-28)
Omg. That is why always get afraid of the Ouija board. Oh yeah. And now that I know I have to use candles with the Ouija board I can use it! Thanks! 😉
hitman8459 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
Wow who would buy there son an ouija board? Haha other than that great story. Very scary 😉
Mattrius (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-12)
Thank you very much everyone for your feedback! I never expected to get so much help from so many people! Thank you!
Perd (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-11)
Ouija boards are dangerous tools for many reasons. They are a portal from one side to the other. By asking if there is anyone there that would like to communicate with us opens up the door for anyone and anything to walk through, and closing that door can be the hardest thing you have done.

Since you do not know what it is you are talking with, it can manifest itself into anything it wants, or wants YOU to think it is... Simply so it can be let into this world. It is the same with automatic writing, seances, etc. If you are going to use/do these things be aware of how to protect yourself, if and WHEN something like this occurs.
Godsrebelangel (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-10)
That board should not be played, I don't know why it was made, it shouldl never be played. Spirits should be left alone and not be messed with. Spirits are evil. Hun please be careful. Pray every night. PLEASE DONT PLAY THAT ANYMORE! I'm sorry I just don't want any one getting hurt. Sorry May God be with you ❤ ❤ ❤
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-09)
Wow...it sounds like a lot happened. Lights going off, doors slamming, cold air.

Please don't take offense but, I'm on the fence about this one. Part of me thinks you might have really stirred up something. But man, all those "classic ghost story" things happening at once.

All I'm going to say is 1: never use a Ouija board. Try Mouse Trap or Life. Those are fun games
2. Shot glasses are meant for shots... Not contacting the dead
Tripwire (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-09)
that must have been terrible! Although whitebuffalo is correct, if you fill yourself with so much fear you feed the entity with energy, luckly for you in this isntance it didn't go as worse as it could.

Take Care xxx
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-09)
Uh, yeah, well, if you CHOOSE to use a homemade board, it is NO MORE "dangerous" then a mass produced one. The "clincher" when it comes to the danger factor is the protection that you surround yourself WITH before, during and after the experience. Not sure where some people get their information, but a piece of paper can not really hurt you, unless you experience a particularity bad paper cut.

When I read this, the first thought that implanted itself in my mind was that Paul had his name changed. From Saul. His is not THE Hell, but a hell of his own making. The choices that we make in LIFE, oft times follow us after life.
This was no demon. This was a scare tactic to let you know that Paul WAS a powerful man. He is NO LONGER and has NOT been for quite some time. I have the DISTINCT feeling that you spoke to him before September 23, he just presented himself in a different light.
I am glad that in your discomfort you have not used the board again. The Ouija is a TOOL that should only be used when you are VERY comfortable with it, and it should NEVER be used alone. There IS power in numbers, and this is not a case of the opposite.
Welcome to the site, and the story side of it. Enjoy your stay.
Thank you.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-09)
I am curious as to the last line of your experience "I will never forget the memories left with me, that I did not experience myself." Are you saying that you somehow are remembering experiences from the spirit that you made contact with? If so what are these things that you are remembering? Has anything else occured since your last experience with the ouija board? What happened with your friend that made that the last time he would come over? God bless.
Vampirekagome1 (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
ghosts and demons can't kill you they can stop some from being born AND YOU SHOULD NEVER USE A HOME MADE BOARD YOU WILL KNOW WHY when I write my story BUT GHOSTS CAN HARM YOU
KurLz (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
That sounds like a pretty scary experience for you. Glad to hear that your alright, I take it you haven't had any experiences since the last time the board was used?
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
Quigia board is Evil with damons in it and it if use it it will come out and mess with you or your friends just have to be carefully with that board.
Elahie (3 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
...That what scary... Especially because the 23rd of September is my birthday, why the hell did you want to use it anyway, you're lucky to be alive. How old are you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: